• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

From there repentance is a daily thing as the Lord continues to deal with us in our growth.

As I have said, this will happen to all true believers. If they are really repentant and willing to hear His voice.

God is not mocked, and He knows all the hearts.

• Group:  Diamond Member

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Are we humble or are we prideful?

The pharisee in that passage was living according to the flesh, meaning he was blind and could not see he was a sinner in God's eye.

Just because he went to church every now and then, while living in sin and loving it. He thought he was fine because he attended church, if we take it to today's view.

And the truly repentant that was seeking for God's forgiveness, repentance, and grace... Daily, trusting in Him and recognizing he was a sinner in need of mercy and grace!

Just now, Yowm said:

A closer look...

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
(Mat 18:21-22)

If we are expected to forgive innumerable times a day, how much more the God who is the source of all love? It may just be the impression of some that God is not readily to forgive.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1Jn 1:8-9)
(I believe that is for those who for the first time call out to Him as well for forgiveness.)

It is not that we have no sin. The problem is to love SIN. We cannot love sin.

This is the problem many people cannot see, there are many people who are loving sin; and Scriptures are clear if we love sin the Lord is not in us.

"Do not love the world or the things in the world.
    If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him." - 1 John 2:15

Please, understand this.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

You're right unbelievers have nothing to confess.

Boy, I'm glad, I will stand before God someday and not be judged by man.

I'm done with this conversation, please pray about what you preach ,read the Bible and  study the word "grace" because grace will bring me home.

Just now, Yowm said:

You stated it as if it would take time...

Yes, it can take time for an unbeliever to realize that sin is not life; and repent truly... God willing.

I hope you have understood now.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, simplejeff said:

THIS IS THE POINT Wayne!  YES !  REPEAT THIS!   And do not just say this, DO THIS - DO GOOD WORKS!

Love in truth, not just in words. 

As JESUS said "DO the will of the Father in heaven, do NOT just be hearers and not doers" ...

I realize you cannot understand a Christian that believe in salvation by faith alone in Christ not of works. Practice good works. Because you think we do it to be saved. But doing good works is a joy if you love God. And practicing sin brings sorrow to a Christian.  Our works that we do was ordered before the foundation of the world. It was ordered when the plan of redemption was planned by God that Christ would die and raise again from the dead. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Their sins. A believer, as stated in the bible, is the one who believes and trust in Christ (till the end) and do what He says to do: Repent.

Logically, when one repents he/she cannot go back and start loving to sin like we see some self proclaimed believers do.

You got a real problem here bud! You've got to deal with this Scripture 

1 Cor 5:1-5
5 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
KJV

This Scripture does not fit your teaching and this is the inspired Word of God....
  • Thumbs Up 2

Guest Butero

What is going on in this thread is a Baptist holy war over the false OSAS doctrine.  Nobody here is preaching saved by works, but some of us reject the notion true Christians continue in a lifestyle of sin.  I must have overlooked the taking of an oath thing.  We aren't to do that, but overall, the OP was good.  I don't know what Bible was quoted, but the message was sound overall.

6 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

This Scripture does not fit your teaching and this is the inspired Word of God....

I am not going to judge that man. But iniquity has to be repented of, not embraced. And hopefully, he repented.

"deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,
    that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus." - 1 Corinthians 5:5

A born again can sin?! Yes, it may happen due to weakness of the flesh.

"Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him;
    and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God." - 1 John 3:9

The ideal is to abstain completely from sexual immorality.

But each person is at a level of dominion, complete dominion of the flesh is perfectly possible by the Spirit.

"For if you live according to the flesh you will die;
    but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live." - Romans 8:13

And we have to agree that such behavior is not expected or acceptable for a Christian, who lives by the Spirit.

"Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal:
    “The Lord knows those who are His,” and,
Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”" - 2 Timothy 2:19

I would not judge, but I cannot embrace it as well. The Lord can set you free; keep praying.

"but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,”
    lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin." - Hebrews 3:13

3 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I know in who I have believed, and trusted.

"But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me." - John 8:45

I believe I have told you the truth. Is it truth? Yes.

"But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me." - John 8:45

"I do not receive honor from men." - John 5:41

You Christ now? Are you being persecuted?