• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/20/1990

I know that I believe that Jesus loves me and died for me inside my mind, but in my heart I can't help but having doubts sometimes and that fear of the fact that God didn't hear me when I asked Him to save me can't be shaken from my mind. I love Jesus so much and I really don't want Him to say to me that sorry, I never knew you after I die and that I will wind up being in Hell seperated from Him anyway. Please help me, I really don't want to feel like this. I yearn to know that I'm really saved and if I'm not how to get there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, HeIsRisen2018 said:

I know that I believe that Jesus loves me and died for me inside my mind, but in my heart I can't help but having doubts sometimes and that fear of the fact that God didn't hear me when I asked Him to save me can't be shaken from my mind. I love Jesus so much and I really don't want Him to say to me that sorry, I never knew you after I die and that I will wind up being in Hell seperated from Him anyway. Please help me, I really don't want to feel like this. I yearn to know that I'm really saved and if I'm not how to get there.

Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, the leader of the Reformation, Martin Luther struggled with doubt.  Here's what he said.  "All heaviness of mind and melancholy come of the devil; especially these thoughts, that God is not gracious unto him: that God will have no mercy upon him. Whosoever thou art, possessed with such heavy thoughts, know for certain, that they are a work of the devil. God sent his Son into the world, not to affright, but to comfort. Therefore be of good courage, and think, that henceforward thou art not the child of a human creature, but of God, through faith in Christ, in whose name thou art baptized; therefore the spear of death cannot enter into thee; he has no right unto thee, much less can he hurt or prejudice thee, for he is everlastingly swallowed up through Christ.”

Martin Luther was spot on.  If one has truly been saved, then these maddening thoughts are of the devil.

I went through this at age 16.  It was some of the worst emotional, spiritual, and psychological times of my life.  I had no one to talk to then and I was in much torment.

I can tell you today that you need to ask yourself these questions:

• Have you called on Jesus to save you?  Romans 10:13 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved”
  • Do you believe that Jesus Christ is who he says he is?  Acts 16:31 “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.”
  • Do you believe that God raised Jesus from the dead on the third day?  Romans 10:9-11  "If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 

Thank goodness that our salvation is in God's hands.  If our salvation was in our hands - we would all be train wrecks.  

And thank goodness that our doubts and fears do not erase our salvation.  God is holy and completely in control of that.  The devil is tormenting you.  

Edited by Jayne
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Great post above....yes, simply believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved.

Do you have a daily time of prayer and reading a portion of the Bible each day?   Reading the Scripture will help renew your mind.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Interesting. So flee everything that the Lord hates and calls an abomination.

Read Exodus and Leviticus to see what "Holy" and "Set-Apart" really means. And before anyone jumps on me and says I am legalistic - explain first why God hates divination and all the kinds of witchery rot you find in the Harry Potter type of books. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, HeIsRisen2018 said:

You may be exposing yourself to these spiritual attacks in some way, perhaps there is a conviction you are not addressing personally.  Often times our guilt comes from knowing that we are being disobedient in some manner, and the enemy is an opportunist that loves to chip away at our faith.

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who seek Him.

If you are questioning your standing with Him, then your faith has been shaken by something, or you have become stagnant in your pursuit of righteousness.  Sometimes we all need a wake up call, so maybe some time in prayer would help with clarification.  Understand I am not leveling an accusation, just sharing what was put upon my heart to share for your consideration.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 3/10/2018 at 12:10 PM, HeIsRisen2018 said:

Hi HeIsRisen,

It's very common to have doubts, I believe we all have at one time or another. I think you are saved because you're worried about it. If you weren't saved you wouldn't really care. As you get older and grow in the Lord you will eventually reach a point where you won't worry. Nevertheless, it's good that you're concerned with your salvation because that will help you to obey the Lord. It was never easy but it seems harder today than ever. I think you will be fine.