• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

John 10.11-15

11.I am the good Shepherd, the good Shepherd lays down His Life for the sheep.

12.He who is a hireling (hired man) and not a shepherd, who is not the owner of the sheep, sees the wolf coming, leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them.

13.He flees because he is a hireling and is not concerned about the sheep.

14.I am the good Shepherd, and I know My own, and My own know Me.

15.Even as the Father knows Me, and I know the Father, and I lay down My Life for the sheep.

Who cares for whom? Are the sheep supposed to care for the shepherd or the shepherd for the sheep?

Word “hireling” means only one thing, one who hired to do the Gospel, which is grievous and abominable violation of not only simplest morality of the conscience, but of the entire teaching of Christ.

The words “Love one another” was said not as fancy theological statement, but as a core and essence of entire Teaching of GOD and the Bible.

Love cannot operate by material values, but only by self-sacrifice and by purity of its major quality – the Love.

Jesus showed it and proved, Apostles showed it and proved, and all true Christians who sacrificed themselves also showed it and proved.

Love cannot be measured in monetary values, and so, those who do “pastor’s” work for money have no love, even if they “teach” once a week, answering phones, give advices, visiting ill, and do some other charitable work, THEY HAVE NO LOVE, because THEY GOT PAID, and their “good deeds” counted as professional work, and not as the work of Love!

And so the Unbelievers do the same charitable works, and even more than so called “pastors and Christians.” So what the difference between one group and another in good deeds? They both earned their money for their “charitable” work.

If we live our lives and justify ourselves on our own merits, and not taking example from our Lord and all His holy men of GOD who did everything out of love and received no material benefit whatsoever, who then are those who call themselves “pastors and Christians”?

As Jesus Himself pointed out that they are HIRELINGS, they are hired by the people like them, to do the job of “pasturing the sheep” which is actually reserved for the true pastors who have love, and who have no worthless diploma of theological institution for which they paid for, but they have Love, Knowledge, and Understanding given them directly from GOD with the true calling to pasture GOD’S sheep.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Its time for communion peoples .     let as many as wish to join in ,  do  a communion in remembrance of what OUR LORD DID.      Praise the Lord .

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 3/25/2018 at 12:39 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul did not handle this dilemma properly.His intentions were good, but it is not the way God wanted it

I think you should think again on your answer, Maybe it is your understanding that may be wrong.

All scripture is God breathed, not mans. For you to say Paul didn't handle it properly is to say God got it wrong.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

God’s way was correct, as always.Paul for sure thought he was doing right but did not think it through.

Who’s way was best? God’s way or Paul’s way?  Scripture is perfectly written .....not so the players....not even Paul.  What is of more importance....fashioning tents or spreading the Gospe?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  05/19/1985

On 3/25/2018 at 8:23 AM, Pillar said:

Let's talk about finances and evangelism. I think that Pastors should not take money from the collection plate to live. I think that for those who love God a collection plate is not even necessary as nothing we have belongs to us in the first place therefore must be shared generously.

Our Minister does not take or use the offering. The offering either goes back into the church or supports our missionaries overseas, schools, or world wide Mothers group in Ministry. 

Blessings. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 3/25/2018 at 2:08 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Believers are told that they owe a debt to the one that brings them the Gospel.

Is there a Bible verse for that to study?   Thanks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, Realist said:

Is there a Bible verse for that to study?   Thanks.

This is my defense to those who would examine me.  Do we not have the right to eat and drink? Do we not have the right to take along a believing wife, as do the other apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?  Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from working for a living?  Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard without eating any of its fruit? Or who tends a flock without getting some of the milk?

Do I say these things on human authority? Does not the Law say the same?  For it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain.” Is it for oxen that God is concerned?  Does he not certainly speak for our sake? It was written for our sake, because the plowman should plow in hope and the thresher thresh in hope of sharing in the crop.  If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you?  If others share this rightful claim on you, do not we even more?

Do you not know that those who are employed in the temple service get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in the sacrificial offerings?  In the same way, the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel.

If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Why would any Christian rail against another saint loving to give to the local body and give even extra gifts to their pastors and praises to God for those pastors?

Seems a very strange mission for a true Christian to adopt. It is like they suffer the fallen countenance of Cain in them self, as they rail against  those gifted with the authority of pastor over a local flock of saints.