IGNORED

Strange Beliefs

LadyKay

Guest Butero
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, LadyKay said:

I attended a church that had the rule. I did not go back. 

I like instruments in church, especially a piano, but I could deal with a church that doesn't have them.  I just don't understand it as a rule.  I believe instruments are a method of praising God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Beware the C of C people collecting at your door for the organ fund...

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

48 minutes ago, Butero said:

I just don't understand it as a rule.

Yes that was my reason for not returning. It was a rule of this church that to me seem to have no  Biblical meaning. It was the first thing they said to me when I walked in and sat down. They told me it was because instruments were distracting. My thoughts were, I wonder what other rules they have?  I am not one to follow church rules just because the church says so. There has to be a Biblical meaning behind it. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, LadyKay said:

Yes that was my reason for not returning. It was a rule of this church that to me seem to have no  Biblical meaning. It was the first thing they said to me when I walked in and sat down. They told me it was because instruments were distracting. My thoughts were, I wonder what other rules they have?  I am not one to follow church rules just because the church says so. There has to be a Biblical meaning behind it. :)

You did the right thing.  If we join a church, we are supposed to obey the authorities.  Better to find a different church than to put yourself in that kind of place.

• Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

You did the right thing.  If we join a church, we are supposed to obey the authorities.  Better to find a different church than to put yourself in that kind of place.

This I can agree with you. I always tell people this when they start to complain about church rules after they have join. I say if you join, you follow their rules. Rather you agree or not. After that Sunday God Blessed me with a church that was a branch of my home church. So all worked out for the better. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

2 hours ago, Abby-Joy said:

Several years ago, a woman tried to tell me she was to be the mother of one of the witnesses and that God showed her I was to be the mother of the other witness. ? Even stranger, she claimed we both would conceive by "imaculate conception" just like Jesus ...that the 2 witnesses would be sons of God just like Jesus Christ. 

Needless to say, I sat her straight and sent her on her way. But she has a HUGE following on facebook because, sad to say, people are a sucker for flowery words of so-called "prophecies" and flatteries. 

Wow. That started out funny, but got a little scary towards the end there... Prophecy is returning to the church in keeping with Joel 2:28, but Satan has always been notorious for counterfeiting the gifts whenever they surface, and she sounds like a case in point. With the near deification of Mary in some Christian circles, you can see why that seduction would sell for anyone who was seriously deluded. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33

On 3/29/2018 at 9:37 PM, BeyondET said:

Mary is a Intercessor

Speaking of Mary. I was talking to a guy a few years ago that believed that Mary never had sex after Jesus' birth and that his "brothers" were really cousins or something. He also believed Mary was perfect because Jesus could only come from "perfect" flesh. I don't know what bible book, chapters or verses he got that stuff from. We were not in a place to discuss it at the time.

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, Still Alive said:

Speaking of Mary. I was talking to a guy a few years ago that believed that Mary never had sex after Jesus' birth and that his "brothers" were really cousins or something. He also believed Mary was perfect because Jesus could only come from "perfect" flesh. I don't know what bible book, chapters or verses he got that stuff from. We were not in a place to discuss it at the time.

That sounds like RCC doctrine.

7 minutes ago, Butero said:

That sounds like RCC doctrine.

Well, he was Catholic, but my assumption was it was just something he came up with himself. Are you telling me that Catholics actually believe that?!

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

This I can agree with you. I always tell people this when they start to complain about church rules after they have join. I say if you join, you follow their rules. Rather you agree or not. After that Sunday God Blessed me with a church that was a branch of my home church. So all worked out for the better. 

This is why, when we moved from Seattle to KY, we attended several churches before we found one we could stay with.