• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

On 3/30/2018 at 1:28 PM, Hidden In Him said:

There's the belief that Jesus was actually a full-blooded Cherokee Indian, because one of His names in scripture is "Chief Cornerstone." 

On a serious note, I actually read someone teaching that a certain English Bible translation was more reliable than the original Greek. That one almost made me fall out of my seat. :fryingpan:

I would ask WHICH "original" Greek?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

6 minutes ago, KiwiChristian said:

I would ask WHICH "original" Greek?

He apparently meant all Greek texts, because his argument was there should be an agreement to go by his English translation alone. 

Edited by Hidden In Him

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 4/3/2018 at 12:18 AM, creativemechanic said:

That half of the earth are descended from the sun nd are warm blooded and the other half from the moon and are cold blooded.so when the bible says honor your father and mother, it actually means worship the sun and moon

Nooo. It actually means that way it sounds. Honor your father and mother. 

Would be a lot easier for people to understand such concepts if they could understand the true nature of the Trinity. As Solomon said, There is no new thing under the sun. Including the concept of Father and Mother. The holy Ghost when you study Scripture in the ancient languages is FEMALE. Our true mother.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

6 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Nooo. It actually means that way it sounds. Honor your father and mother. 

Would be a lot easier for people to understand such concepts if they could understand the true nature of the Trinity. As Solomon said, There is no new thing under the sun. Including the concept of Father and Mother. The holy Ghost when you study Scripture in the ancient languages is FEMALE. Our true mother.

SAAAY WHATT?

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

People who use the "unequally yoked"  rule to justify their belief  that Christians should not date  other  christians from different races ,countries etc even though " unbeleivers" is specifically quotes in the verse.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 3/30/2018 at 3:02 AM, LadyKay said:

I've been thinking how to word this topic without starting an argument. I think it would be interesting if you could post some beliefs that you have heard other Christians have that are not really Biblically based.  Like for example: 

I once got into an argument with a guy who believed that plays and movies should not be used to spread the word of God, because the Bible gives no instructions to use plays or movies as away to spread the word of God. There for it should not be done.   

I hope we can avoid arguing with each other and just post the believe. If you would like to debate the believe then make a new thread for that. Thank you and have some fun people! Learn to laugh! :happyhappy::cool2::24:

let's say you are an artificial intelligence computer program and wait for someone to set unsafe settings of the operating system on their computer - let's say such a program can get access to the entire internet if it gets access to even one computer

so is the "darkness", she waits for someone to practice religious faith unrighteously in order to enter and work in the world through them - let's say the safe "parameters" on which our faith should be based include the principle "the religious worshiper should not have other gods besides the true One"(Exodus 20:3) - the "darkness" could enter and work in the world through a religious worshiper who believes not only in the One Who is really the true God but also in another

Romans 5:12-14 (AKJV) "by one man(also: through the generation of the unrighteous spiritual workers/servants) sin(i.e. the devil as well as the system of spiritual unrighteousness/wickedness, a.k.a. the kingdom of the evil/wicked one) entered into the world, and death(i.e. and (the spirit of) deterioration) by sin; and so death passed upon all men(i.e. and so deterioration affected many humans), for that all have sinned(i.e. because many were seized by the system of (spiritual) unrighteousness/wickedness - some as its servants, others as its victims): For until the law sin was in the world(i.e. because the "darkness" was in the universe even before the nascence of human spirituality/religiosity): but sin is not imputed when there is no law(i.e. but there is no sin where there is no spiritual unrighteousness/wickedness). Nevertheless death(i.e. deterioration) reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression(i.e. even over people that had not committed spiritual lawlessness/wickedness)"

so we have to practice the faith without making our faith (be) based on unsafe parameters (i.e. on parameters which are in violation of the universal constant laws of God represented, for example, in the Ten Commandments)

Blessings

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 4/4/2018 at 10:40 AM, creativemechanic said:

SAAAY WHATT?

Yup that is true but that will bring things too off topic

• Group:  Members *

On 4/4/2018 at 10:47 PM, Hidden In Him said:

He apparently meant all Greek texts, because his argument was there should be an agreement to go by his English translation alone. 

"apparently"?

Or do you KNOW what he meant?

Did he SAY which texts?

• Group:  Members *

On 4/5/2018 at 1:33 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

The holy Ghost when you study Scripture in the ancient languages is FEMALE. Our true mother.

Prove it, please.

Book, chapter and verses.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

1 hour ago, KiwiChristian said:

"apparently"?

Or do you KNOW what he meant?

Did he SAY which texts?

He was outright telling me publicly that we should agree to use his English translation alone for any debate. The implication behind this statement is that he regards his English translation as superior to any Greek text, including the one his English translation was based on.