• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Marion

Welcome to Worthy.  I feel the answers/advice you have received so far has been highly valuable.

Don't give up on God.  He will never give up on you, although it feels like it right now.  One of the things about Christianity is that we don't go by our feelings, but by the absolute truth that God is there; He is and was and always has been.  I am so glad you have come to Worthy because there are so many people here who want to encourage you to keep the faith.  I think it is wonderful that people have offered to help you through the PM system.  We will pray for you - that God will lead you to a Bible believing, solid Bible teaching church where you can fellowship with loving brothers and sisters in Christ and learn and grow.  Pray, believing that He will answer your prayers, because He will - in ways you sometimes do not expect.  May God richly bless you sister in your efforts to press into what God has for you - and I know this is a cliche, but I know it's true - He does indeed have a wonderful plan for your life.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 4/3/2018 at 3:11 AM, Marion said:

I’ve stopped going. It’s a good sign I guess, because no one’s followed up on me since I’ve left (I attended for 3 and a half months).

"Not only that, God’s been quite silent over the past couple months since I left that church."

Perhaps you were seeking fellowship with people and not seeking God's face.  The fact that God has been silent since you left is the sign you should be paying attention to.  

All of our lives should be God centered and not self centered.  All of us are in need of God's forgiveness, and in need of God to come and live in us to help us serve Him.  Most of us ask God to do this on a regular basis. We also need Him to live in us to forgive and love others.  When I have gone through times like you are experiencing I have had to do this.  It is going back to basics.  I know that God loves me because Jesus died for me.  

My advice would be to return to that church and seek to serve and worship God.  You might also ask the pastor to refer you to someone to disciple you.   Look for a place that you might be of service, whether it be to help in a pre school or nursery class, or to visit shut ins , or even help in janitor or office work.  Ask God where you might become a servant.  Jesus Himself came as a servant. 

A really encouraging devotional is "Streams In The Desert".   

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  596
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  03/01/1969

2 hours ago, Willa said:

"Not only that, God’s been quite silent over the past couple months since I left that church."

Perhaps you were seeking fellowship with people and not seeking God's face.  The fact that God has been silent since you left is the sign you should be paying attention to.  

All of our lives should be God centered and not self centered.  All of us are in need of God's forgiveness, and in need of God to come and live in us to help us serve Him.  Most of us ask God to do this on a regular basis. We also need Him to live in us to forgive and love others.  When I have gone through times like you are experiencing I have had to do this.  It is going back to basics.  I know that God loves me because Jesus died for me.  

My advice would be to return to that church and seek to serve and worship God.  You might also ask the pastor to refer you to someone to disciple you.   Look for a place that you might be of service, whether it be to help in a pre school or nursery class, or to visit shut ins , or even help in janitor or office work.  Ask God where you might become a servant.  Jesus Himself came as a servant. 

A really encouraging devotional is "Streams In The Desert".   

Inspired?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/08/1984

@patrick jane No. 

One of the best things I ever did was leave the church building. My friendships with other believers which are stupid close has been a hundred times more beneficial. 

Slept in the corner of a church in my truck one winter. Not one person from the church said "lets give you a break" out of the cold. The pastor knew I was there...

Thats most american churches, when times are great they will like ya. When the storm comes and life is royally suckin..the american church will tell you its your fault, you need to pray more, go to church more then pop smoke. 

As believers we need to be the hell or high water we got your back types and then what happens? We attract the same. 

@Marion-don't go back to that church. 

Ask God for solid friends who are believers, and before that happens-be a person who keeps your word.. ect. To have good friends you have to first be a good friend. 

Edited by Road Warrior
  • This is Worthy 2