IGNORED

Is walking without falling into sin possible in this life?

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.32
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Oh, but we are called to be perfect as He is perfect.  Maybe you're too young to remember how believers of older times used to sing and talk about having this little thing called "victory".....sort of an old fashioned word to us now.  We need to stop excusing ourselves and seek to be what His word says we can be.

YES dear sister we are called to be perfect .    And we know no man is .    But we know this ,  HIS SPIRIT IS PERFECT , thus for perfection we only look to HIM.

THE ONE who is able to keep us from falling .  I  Think that is where most folks miss it .  some think if one says be perfect it means by our own efforts

ANd sis ,   we both know that is such a dead end .   BUT HE IS PERFECT , HIS SPIRIT IS PERFECT and as paul once said IF you follow the SPIRIT you wont fullfill

the lusts of the flesh.     IF we are sold an idea that we can never stop sinning , then we will believe that idea and thus be in bondage

BUT , if we heed what Paul, said , what CHRIST said ,   IF we walk by HIS SPIRIT WHICH IS PERFECT , if we obey HIS SPIRIT who works within us that which is well

pleasing IN HIS SIGHT ,  we wont fulfill the desiers of the flesh .   He not only gives us the unctions , desires to do well,   ITS ONLY BY HIM HIS POWER we can .

The perfection is not by our flesh if it were no need for Christ , BUT by the flesh we cannot be made perfect , in fact its contrary the flesh cannot fullfill

the law  of GOD .   BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS , WHAT HE DID and DOES ....................now that reaches even into the soul and changes , a new man is born.

Which while we still reside in bodies of flesh and the flesh is contrary and will tempt us ..............We are not slaves to it ................WE are slaves TO CHRIST

to HIS SPIRIT WHICH INDEED if we heed , we wont fulfill those lusts of the flesh.      THIER IS POWER , POWER , WONDER WORKING POWER

in the BLOOD.     IN THE BLOOD.    that aint just some old song that sounds good and gets a goosebump.  THEIR IS GOOD TRUTH IN THAT SONG .

HIS BLOOD can purge right into the deepeset of the conscious and create a new man ready for GOOD WORKS and HOLY LIVING .

NOW if we taught that , and were fast to correct error and did as the early church did with error ,   WHAT a wonderful work in the church .

AND its all by HIS SPIRIT that one does plant and another water .   SO SING IT to the moutains to the hills and to all,  REJOICE in the LORD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

We are all at different places in our walk with God.

Scripture does say;

1 Corinthians 2:6 (NASB)
Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away;

So there is a wisdom that is for the mature. I’m not saying anybody has or has not this wisdom, but only bringing out that it does exist. And it is for the here and now. Let all our hearts cry after this wisdom that we might partakers of it. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Your selling a false gospel. Paul even said i have not atain yet. But he press on. He did not mean perfect he meant mature in christ. Too many are selling a false idea we become perfect now. 

Perfect........means spiritual.  Like where Paul said ".....if one transgresses, you who are spiritual restore him in a spirit of meekness....".  Most believers are still carnal, immature.......that is easy to see by the fruits.  Many are called, few are chosen......so let's make every effort to be chosen.....and seek to be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Your selling a false gospel. Paul even said i have not atain yet. But he press on. He did not mean perfect he meant mature in christ. Too many are selling a false idea we become perfect now. 

Will you accept that we can be free of all willful sin? That is a great place to start. Can a man walk free of all willful sin, where there is no  battle is going on in our hearts. There is no inner fight to try to stop indulging.  Things we KNOW without a doubt are wrong, the Holy Spirit convicts us, and yet, we choose to proceed anyway?  Can a man walk free, absolutely free from those sins? 

I await your answer. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Gideon said:

Will you accept that we can be free of all willful sin? That is a great place to start. Can a man walk free of all willful sin, where there is no  battle is going on in our hearts. There is no inner fight to try to stop indulging.  Things we KNOW without a doubt are wrong, the Holy Spirit convicts us, and yet, we choose to proceed anyway?  Can a man walk free, absolutely free from those sins? 

I await your answer. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

I do think for sure christ set us free from sin. But you can feel temtation to sin without sinning. You said willful sins ? A willful sin is a sin without temtation that one commits. That is a harded heart. You think if a person has a problem with some sin he is not set free ? Wrong on that. If he is trying to overcome and confesses then God forgives. If he is born again he will overcome any sin through christ. It might take some work. A person set free from sins does not want to sin. A person who is in bodage will not care if he sins. We become holy bit by bit. It takes time and care to become holy. Its not over night. But through the word we become more like christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Perfect........means spiritual.  Like where Paul said ".....if one transgresses, you who are spiritual restore him in a spirit of meekness....".  Most believers are still carnal, immature.......that is easy to see by the fruits.  Many are called, few are chosen......so let's make every effort to be chosen.....and seek to be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect.

So you have to work to be chosen ? We have been saved by grace through faith not of works. We are chosen when you confess Jesus as lord. And believecin his name.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

So you have to work to be chosen ? We have been saved by grace through faith not of works. We are chosen when you confess Jesus as lord. And believecin his name.

Then I guess all those scripture verses like not willfully sinning were added later and are not inspired?  Just curious if you  think willful sin is a deal breaker. 

Gids

29 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I do think for sure christ set us free from sin. But you can feel temtation to sin without sinning. You said willful sins ? A willful sin is a sin without temtation that one commits. That is a harded heart. You think if a person has a problem with some sin he is not set free ? Wrong on that. If he is trying to overcome and confesses then God forgives. If he is born again he will overcome any sin through christ. It might take some work. A person set free from sins does not want to sin. A person who is in bodage will not care if he sins. We become holy bit by bit. It takes time and care to become holy. Its not over night. But through the word we become more like christ.

Brother, we have fallen for the lie that we Calloway concert our sinful old nature into new natures, bit by bit. If that were the case, the church would be overflowing with holy, fruit laden older saints nd sadly that is simply not the case. When we finally can see that and come to Him with NO  strength, and get freed from our old nature, the transformation actually begins. 

Blessings, Gideon

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

Gideon, dear friend.

I love your posts! You truly love God and want everyone to be true lovers of God. I applaud you. I read your words and am uplifted.

Problem i have is that for 4 years now i have failed MASSIVELY. Sin has taken a strong hold on me. Adultery is that sin. But, i deeply love God! I have fallen many times but have immediately gotten up and repented! The devil may be winning MANY battles over me but i am determined that he will NOT win the war!

Ok, i still sin. I am indeed weak. Plus, i have strong feelings for the other person in my life. How to escape? I guess i know but am finding it hard to let go. She is a wonderful person. She loves God so much too.

I have continued to plead with God to help. But nothing! I know i am heading deep into the darkness, i know. 4 years of terrible sin.

Gideon, your words are inspirational and thought provoking. I thank God for you and i hope that i can beat my deamons and become even a tiny bit like you brother.

God bless you

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

28 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

What we need to do is count the cost and pay the price.  If we don't deny ourselves and take up our cross, then we are not His disciples.

Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2Ti 2:12

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

• Praise God! 1