IGNORED

Is walking without falling into sin possible in this life?

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

42 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

I do think for sure christ set us free from sin. But you can feel temtation to sin without sinning. You said willful sins ? A willful sin is a sin without temtation that one commits. That is a harded heart. You think if a person has a problem with some sin he is not set free ? Wrong on that. If he is trying to overcome and confesses then God forgives. If he is born again he will overcome any sin through christ. It might take some work. A person set free from sins does not want to sin. A person who is in bodage will not care if he sins. We become holy bit by bit. It takes time and care to become holy. Its not over night. But through the word we become more like christ.

But you can feel temtation to sin without sinning

CORRECT ,  a bad thought can tempt you , if you did not feel it then how is it tempting you.    BUT its at this point it can by The power of Christ be killed .

You speak of the sin that sins .   this is not willfull sin .    It was not MY WILL that the nasty thought popped in my mind .   I Don't want those thoughts .

That is the evil that is present IN the flesh .    Romans seven can make more and more sense DONT IT .   the sin that sins IS already in the flesh.  LUST is SIN

but its not sin to us IFwe don't act it out .  if we do THEN its us who has sinned .  if we don't , its the sin that sins , but we by the power of Christ overcame the temptation .

THIS is the truth .      Their will be evil present in our flesh.    TILL THE DAY WE ARE NO LONGER in these bodies.  BUT SCHREECH the brakes

if you think I am saying we cannot cease from sin .     We CAN put to death the evil of the flesh .  WE can put to death the thought before its acted out.

BUT NOT by us , not by our might ,  BUT BY HIS SPIRIT .   We heed that spirit and it says ALARM BELLS LOUDLY ,   cease the thought , cease the thought .

THEREFORE by his power OH YES we can .    And their is no temptation that GOD does not give us the way out of .  YEAH its in JESUS  who is able to succor us

through ANY trial or temptation .    romans seven making more sense .   see, some folks teach that when we actually ACT OUT that sin , its still not us sinning

WRONG ANSWER .   that is us now sinning .    But the thought or temptation itself , while it is sin ,   IF we don't act it out , WE DONT SIN .

is romans seven making more sense .  AND I hear paul loud and clear on that ,  OH LORD who shall deliver me from the body of this death.

Because so long as we in these earthen bodies.......................sin is always going to be in that flesh , always contrary it will be . 

BUT no excuse for sin .    CAUSE if we obey the SPRIIT then we would not entertain THE LUST .       IS romans seven making more sense . 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Yowm said:

Do you know of any Christian that walks completely free of sin?

Willful sin? Absolutely. Sins that once were battles nd are no longer. Yes, indeed. Bu we must understand, this is not a “state” we arrive at. It is a walk where God in us causes us to not slip. The difference between the two is miles wide. 

Now, if you are assuming that lack of spiritual fruit is sin, then no,no, I do not know one   But I believe that such things as impatience are not sin if after we are impatient and the Spirit corrects us, we acknowledge it, and leave it behind,  and simply ask God for His patience. That is why we are told “Be ye angry and sin not. Let not the sun go  down on your anger.” Such things are neither willful sins, or sins we are consciously of or battling as we do them. They are simply reactions of our soul that have yet to be transformed into spiritual fruits by God, the master potter. 

We must remember that unlike the Pharisees outside to inside method of defeating  sin, the Lord purifies our INSIDE  first, and as we hold onto the promises of God with our shields raised that he that is dead is freed from sin, then to our joy and amazement, we see our problem with a quick temper or impatience begin  to  change io Christ’s very character as fruit begins to sprout. 

i suppose now you will ask who it is that I know. I bow my head low as I say it, but as I trust Him and hold up my own shield of faith, God has been more than faithful to keep His end of the bargain and keep me from falling. 

Before any starts boiling the tar and grabbing a chicken, I pray you listen. This is not an “attainment”. I do not deserve it. His keeping me is truly humbling.  Nor am I better than any here. I mean that sincerely. But I would be lying if I did not glorify my God for setting me free from things I battled unsuccessfully for almost forty years. Does this mean it is impossible for me to slip? Not at all. We stand by faith. Our faith must grow. So IF I slip, (not when),I confess it, repent, dust myself off, and then denounce the unbelief that opened the door for the sin to occur. 

Then.... and I cannot emphasize this enough.... I pick up my shield of faith again that .I am a new creature, old things are passed away, I am not in the flesh but in the spirit, and owe the flesh NOTHING. And to my delight, my faith grows stronger and my shield thicker. Amazing God!

Blessings, 

Gideon 

9 minutes ago, Goldie said:

Gideon, dear friend.

I love your posts! You truly love God and want everyone to be true lovers of God. I applaud you. I read your words and am uplifted.

Problem i have is that for 4 years now i have failed MASSIVELY. Sin has taken a strong hold on me. Adultery is that sin. But, i deeply love God! I have fallen many times but have immediately gotten up and repented! The devil may be winning MANY battles over me but i am determined that he will NOT win the war!

Ok, i still sin. I am indeed weak. Plus, i have strong feelings for the other person in my life. How to escape? I guess i know but am finding it hard to let go. She is a wonderful person. She loves God so much too.

I have continued to plead with God to help. But nothing! I know i am heading deep into the darkness, i know. 4 years of terrible sin.

Gideon, your words are inspirational and thought provoking. I thank God for you and i hope that i can beat my deamons and become even a tiny bit like you brother.

God bless you

Plus, i have strong feelings for the other person in my life. How to escape? I guess i know but am finding it hard to let go. She is a wonderful person. She loves God so much too.

SHE loves GOD .    If we love sin how do we love GOD .   IF you love GOD above all things ,   YOU END this adultery now or risk all .

If she loves GOD she will end this as well.    OH, I know at this point emotions are already involved ..    But who do you LOVE more ,   what do you love more than GOD.

and what should you love more than GOD .    Nothing .    You in a bad spot and I speak from experience I used to do the same things .

IT has to be ended asap.   

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

But there remains a battle...

For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
(Gal 5:17)

Absolutely! The battles were not on the wilderness. The battles were in the promised land. It is critical that they remember the promise of God. I have already given you the land and every step you take will be yours.

That is why we must keep our body under.... not bring it under.  Satan will try to steal from us our inheritance if we let him. So we resist him, steadfast in the faith. We overcome the world, the flesh and the devil by faith! To overcome denotes a battle, amen? We do not lay around on a cloud while Go does everything for us. No. We are yoked together with Him. We read the exhortations in the word and we do them, but we do them in faith that we already have possession of he high ground. We are not fighting FOR the victory, but rather, we fight to keep the victory.

Blessings, 

Gideon

6 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Willful sin? Absolutely. Sins that once were battles nd are no longer. Yes, indeed. Bu we must understand, this is not a “state” we arrive at. It is a walk where God in us causes us to not slip. The difference between the two is miles wide. 

Now, if you are assuming that lack of spiritual fruit is sin, then no,no, I do not know one   But I believe that such things as impatience are not sin if after we are impatient and the Spirit corrects us, we acknowledge it, and leave it behind,  and simply ask God for His patience. That is why we are told “Be ye angry and sin not. Let not the sun go  down on your anger.” Such things are neither willful sins, or sins we are consciously of or battling as we do them. They are simply reactions of our soul that have yet to be transformed into spiritual fruits by God, the master potter. 

We must remember that unlike the Pharisees outside to inside method of defeating  sin, the Lord purifies our INSIDE  first, and as we hold onto the promises of God with our shields raised that he that is dead is freed from sin, then to our joy and amazement, we see our problem with a quick temper or impatience begin  to  change io Christ’s very character as fruit begins to sprout. 

i suppose now you will ask who it is that I know. I bow my head low as I say it, but as I trust Him and hold up my own shield of faith, God has been more than faithful to keep His end of the bargain and keep me from falling. 

Before any starts boiling the tar and grabbing a chicken, I pray you listen. This is not an “attainment”. I do not deserve it. His keeping me is truly humbling.  Nor am I better than any here. I mean that sincerely. But I would be lying if I did not glorify my God for setting me free from things I battled unsuccessfully for almost forty years. Does this mean it is impossible for me to slip? Not at all. We stand by faith. Our faith must grow. So IF I slip, (not when),I confess it, repent, dust myself off, and then denounce the unbelief that opened the door for the sin to occur. 

Then.... and I cannot emphasize this enough.... I pick up my shield of faith again that .I am a new creature, old things are passed away, I am not in the flesh but in the spirit, and owe the flesh NOTHING. And to my delight, my faith grows stronger and my shield thicker. Amazing God!

Blessings, 

Gideon 

GET The chicken and the tar .   NO , what you just said IS TRUE  .  RIGHT on .    THIS is TRUE .    And it is JESUS that cleans the inside out .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,576
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

50 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Then I guess all those scripture verses like not willfully sinning were added later and are not inspired?  Just curious if you  think willful sin is a deal breaker. 

Gids

You have to receive christ and he gives you the right to be called a child of God. S born agsin christian does not practice sin because the seed of God is in him.

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I'm only reading your opinions. Do you have any Scriptural backing?

All sin is wilful, (even what you call 'slips') otherwise we would not be held accountable for our sins.

I have never met one person that came close to sinlessness, especially when sin is not just the 'bad' things we do, but also the 'good' we fail to do.

As far as your question, I answered it. As far as sin goes and what it is for children of God, your thoughts on willful sin are a common misconception. There is a huge difference between willful sin and sins we battle hard against but end up being overcome anyway. If you were right, well, I hope we enjoy hell for we are all headed there.

Do you not read about willful sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth? How much of a warning do we need before e blink and say “uh-oh”.  We are told.... are we listening.....that there remaims  no more sacrifice for sin, but a CERTAIN  fearful looking  for of judgment. This is not a slip. Nor is it at the end of a battle. This is rebellion to the Spirit of God inside and unless abandoned, will cost a men his soul. It is turning the grace of a God into lasciviousness...license to sin freely without fear, repentance or repercussions. And this is a lie spawned in hell. 

Many have accepted this new definition of sin in ignorance, especially because many pulpits teach it, but let us all be sure to know, before the Lord returns, our lives will be exposed to the truth of the standard that will soon be raised again. And what we choose to do with it.... accept it and break and repent, or harden our hearts and continue in our delusion...will determine  our eternity. 

Rhere is no compromise here. This is not Romans 7 sin. This is Ananias and Saphira sin. 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

You have to receive christ and he gives you the right to be called a child of God. S born agsin christian does not practice sin because the seed of God is in him.

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

So let me clarify here. Can a man willfully sin as long as he does not make it a practice? 

Blessings, Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,576
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

32 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

What we need to do is count the cost and pay the price.  If we don't deny ourselves and take up our cross, then we are not His disciples.

Rom 8:17

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2Ti 2:12

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

If you confess jesus as lord and believe he rose from the dead you will be saved. You are justified by faith in his name. Taken up his cross is part of being sanctified.  But first you need to be saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  100
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/18/1964

27 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Plus, i have strong feelings for the other person in my life. How to escape? I guess i know but am finding it hard to let go. She is a wonderful person. She loves God so much too.

SHE loves GOD .    If we love sin how do we love GOD .   IF you love GOD above all things ,   YOU END this adultery now or risk all .

If she loves GOD she will end this as well.    OH, I know at this point emotions are already involved ..    But who do you LOVE more ,   what do you love more than GOD.

and what should you love more than GOD .    Nothing .    You in a bad spot and I speak from experience I used to do the same things .

IT has to be ended asap.   

I agree 100%

• This is Worthy 1