• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

"and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour "

I doubt it, lucifer had no fathers neither would he give honour to another, he wants it all for himself.

We might have got our wires crossed Yowm......I was wondering if the god that Antichrist will honour is Lucifer..?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

13 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Interfaith will be gone when the antichrist comes. He will put a stop to it. Satan will be worship.

Maybe.....that could be right......he is going to demand/force worship of himself.....and is going to turn on the Harlot, Mystery Babylon.  But for now the interfaith delusion of Mystery Babylon is what is going to put him into power.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

14 hours ago, Yowm said:

And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things. Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
(Dan 11:36-39)

I believe a case could be made that "the god of forces" here will be the god of Islam, who has always been a militaristic god who spread his religion by the sword. This, in my mind, would make the Antichrist someone with a non-Islamic religious background who turns to Islam, and then ascends to increasing prominence within the Islamic community over time. I think secretly he will actually be a Satanist, but may come from what appears to be a family of Christians (possibly Catholic or Anglican), which would all the more make selling Islam as the one true religion credible, since he had cast aside "Christianity" in favor of becoming a Muslim.

Just a theory. Not presenting it as something I'm as of yet set in stone about.  

Edited by Hidden In Him

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  478
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,565
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

44 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Maybe.....that could be right......he is going to demand/force worship of himself.....and is going to turn on the Harlot, Mystery Babylon.  But for now the interfaith delusion of Mystery Babylon is what is going to put him into power.

Why would you think that. Its the ten kings that give him power both military and economic. Rev says who can make war with the beast ? 

It had nothing to do with worlds diffrent faiths. Interfaith is not much of anything. Mosts faiths have nothing with other faiths. Islam hates other faiths. Catholics really think there the only true church

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Problem with that, is how in the world would he ever convince the Jews being an overt Muslim?

Convince them of what? Maybe you are referring to a verse somewhere that I'm not aware might apply here, but so far as I understand it, the only thing scripture says the Antichrist will convince the Jews of is to form a covenant of peace with him for seven years, and then break it after 3 1/2. 

What do you mean?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Hidden In Him said:

Convince them of what? Maybe you are referring to a verse somewhere that I'm not aware might apply here, but so far as I understand it, the only thing scripture says the Antichrist will convince the Jews of is to form a covenant of peace with him for seven years, and then break it after 3 1/2. 

What do you mean?

I think what Yowm is getting at, is that the Jews have to believe he is the messiah, which means he has to be a Jew.  This would also be necessary for him to gain access to the temple in order to desecrate it.  ;)

Just now, wingnut- said:

I think what Yowm is getting at, is that the Jews have to believe he is the messiah, which means he has to be a Jew.  This would also be necessary for him to gain access to the temple in order to desecrate it.  ;)

Ok. Hopefully, you have him right, as I'm guessing he'd get a little peeved if not, LoL.

But if so, where is the interpretation that the Jews will believe he is the Messiah coming from? 2 Thessalonians 2:4?

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

58 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

Ok. Hopefully, you have him right, as I'm guessing he'd get a little peeved if not, LoL.

But if so, where is the interpretation that the Jews will believe he is the Messiah coming from? 2 Thessalonians 2:4?

It is found throughout the OT prophets, and their expectations of the messiah coming as a conqueror.  The Jewish people expected this to happen when He first appeared, not understanding that sin could not be paid for by the blood of animals, but only by Him.

Ezekiel 37:24 “My servant David shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall walk in my rules and be careful to obey my statutes. 25 They shall dwell in the land that I gave to my servant Jacob, where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children's children shall dwell there forever, and David my servant shall be their prince forever. 26 I will make a covenant of peace with them. It shall be an everlasting covenant with them. And I will set them in their land and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in their midst forevermore.27 My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 Then the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when my sanctuary is in their midst forevermore.”

They will mistake the anti-christ for their messiah, because he is going to deliver them peace as it appears to them, although we know it is a false peace, they do not yet understand the prophecy.  It is the anti-christ who through the false peace will rebuild the temple, and to further display why he must be a Jew, follow along to the instructions given in regards to the temple.

Ezekiel 44  Then he brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary, which faces east. And it was shut. 2 And the Lord said to me, “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it, for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it. Therefore it shall remain shut.3 Only the prince may sit in it to eat bread before the Lord. He shall enter by way of the vestibule of the gate, and shall go out by the same way.”

And to make it clear that access to the temple is restricted from all non-Jews or anyone who does not practice Judaism, there is this.

Ezekiel 44:6 And say to the rebellious house, to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: O house of Israel, enough of all your abominations, 7 in admitting foreigners, uncircumcised in heart and flesh, to be in my sanctuary, profaning my temple, when you offer to me my food, the fat and the blood. You have broken my covenant, in addition to all your abominations. 8 And you have not kept charge of my holy things, but you have set others to keep my charge for you in my sanctuary.

9 “Thus says the Lord God: No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart and flesh, of all the foreigners who are among the people of Israel, shall enter my sanctuary.

Only those who fit this requirement are allowed inside the sanctuary.

Ezekiel 44:15 “But the Levitical priests, the sons of Zadok, who kept the charge of my sanctuary when the people of Israel went astray from me, shall come near to me to minister to me. And they shall stand before me to offer me the fat and the blood, declares the Lord God. 16 They shall enter my sanctuary, and they shall approach my table, to minister to me, and they shall keep my charge.

God bless

52 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It would pose a big problem for the Orthodox Jew, but I suppose, so would a Roman.

Daniel 9:26 NKJV
[26] "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

'People of the prince'  who destroyed the Temple were the Romans, so the 'prince who is to come' would also be Roman. That's my best, from Scripture.

If I understand you correctly, you would be applying the word "Messiah" here to the Antichrist, and therefore reading the verse as referring to a false Messiah, yes?

Forgive me if I am completely misunderstanding you, LoL. Just trying to understand your application of the verse.

25 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

Ezekiel 44  Then he brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary, which faces east. And it was shut. 2 And the Lord said to me, “This gate shall remain shut; it shall not be opened, and no one shall enter by it, for the Lord, the God of Israel, has entered by it. Therefore it shall remain shut.3 Only the prince may sit in it to eat bread before the Lord. He shall enter by way of the vestibule of the gate, and shall go out by the same way.”

And to make it clear that access to the temple is restricted from all non-Jews or anyone who does not practice Judaism, there is this.

Ezekiel 44:6 And say to the rebellious house, to the house of Israel, Thus says the Lord God: O house of Israel, enough of all your abominations, 7 in admitting foreigners, uncircumcised in heart and flesh, to be in my sanctuary, profaning my temple, when you offer to me my food, the fat and the blood. You have broken my covenant, in addition to all your abominations. 8 And you have not kept charge of my holy things, but you have set others to keep my charge for you in my sanctuary.

9 “Thus says the Lord God: No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart and flesh, of all the foreigners who are among the people of Israel, shall enter my sanctuary.

Only those who fit this requirement are allowed inside the sanctuary.

Ezekiel 44:15 “But the Levitical priests, the sons of Zadok, who kept the charge of my sanctuary when the people of Israel went astray from me, shall come near to me to minister to me. And they shall stand before me to offer me the fat and the blood, declares the Lord God. 16 They shall enter my sanctuary, and they shall approach my table, to minister to me, and they shall keep my charg

Thanks for the response, WN. 

My question here would be, don't these verses all presuppose they apply only to those who honor God's Lordship? The Antichrist will clearly enter the temple by force, as other Antichrist figures in Israel's past did, in defiance of the Most High God. 

I'm just saying that the Antichrist will have no need to honor these laws. The people of God will be given into his hands, and he will seek to change the laws (Daniel 7:25)...

OH! I see, you are saying that he will presumably enter the temple BEFORE he breaks the covenant. I think that would be the next thing you would have to prove then. I've always assumed he would only fulfill 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and other verses after breaking the covenant, at which time he would be under no obligation to any Jewish law, including the need to be a Jew to enter the inner sanctuary.

Is there/ are there verses that suggest he will fulfill this prophecy before the covenant is broken?

Edited by Hidden In Him