IGNORED

We are about to see John 17 fulfilled before our very eyes...

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Lord, please, I beg you, do not come today! Members of my own family will be lost forever. My children, my friends, my co-workers!

But this approach was not the early churches approach.    they said we should be looking and hastning unto that coming day.

I agree we want people saved .    but this is why we preach the gospel and correct errors.

Even so COME LORD JESUS , was how John ends that book .   SO I say,   Rise up and proclaim the WORD of the LORD , which is the gospel .

May a flame be lit that sets us here in western socities back on fire for the Lord .    I do want to see

more folks waking up .    We all should .   AND its only BY HIM we can do anything .    So cast aside the sin which does so easily beset , and run the race .

If we are HIS , it is SEEN.    And if we are HIS it is also heard.  by the proclaiming of the gospel and correcting and efiying of the body.

Onward through the trenches people .    As the darkness gets only darker ,  HIS LIGHT shines only brighter for those who are HIS .

The VICTORY IS IN CHRIST and let all who names the name of Christ depart from inquity ,  heed THE SPIRIT ,   and proclaim his name to all that has breath

THAT HE alone is the ONLY savoir and all other mindsets and religions are in darkness and know him not .

Proclaim to the lost that their is HOPE and this HOPE is FOUND ONLLY IN THE SON .   be a witness of Christ by the Spirit of Christ that is within.

Proclaim to the lost that they are in dire danger and that the only way out IS CHRIST .     NOW SOUND the alarm for all to hear and may it resonate round the world peoples .

Many will fall away ,  but some will hear and repent. TIMES will get far worse , but our joy can no man take .

The message of the gospel must sound throughout the earth , and their are still some doing that today.

Those who hear and receive the gospel will be saved , but those who reject will be damned .   The gospel IS what needs to be sounded

as well as the vines need to bear fruit and mature .   onward through the valleys and over the hills ,  the church will be persecuted harshlly

but a persecuted church IS NOT a defeated church,  the trials of our faith we only increase the fruits .    SO praise the LORD peoples . 

Brother, are you telling me that we as His bride have actually “occupied” till He comes? That we have run our race as if there is only one prize and we have lived our lives in such a way that we are  determined to win it? That we have been displaying to the world what being on fire for God looks like? If the world will know us by the love we have one for another, how are we doing?

Are you trying to tell me that we have been walking as sojournersxamd are heavenly minded, and not overtaken with this life and what it has to offer? Can we say we have counted everything as dung for the knowledge of getting to know Christ better? Do our prayer closets reflect our love and burden for lost souls, especially if they be our children, family or friends?  Are you saying that people often observe us from afar and exclaim “Behold how they love one another? Really? 

Shall I keep going? Let me lay it out plainly, for it seems several feel I need to spit it all out and lay it on the table. We, like it  or not,  are Laodecia. Thank God for the few exceptions but for the vast majority of even the elect, our  internal fire pales in comparison to those blessed saints in the early church. They turned the entire known world on its head, and yes, as they did so and persecution broke out, with families burned alive, or fed to wild beasts, and they wavered not. They just kept locing thei enemies. Of course they they longed to  see Jesus face to face. 

And so should we . I do too, but listen... they OCCUPIED, brother. Their lives were banners advertising that Jesus was alive in them and that He is able to keep us from falling! Satan was getting his tail kicked, and it was not until the grievous wolves came in after Paul’s death that he was able to control the blaze called the early church.

And we have  the boldness and audacity to say we are ready and that we have done our part?? Where are our hearts? Where is our shame? Listen, God has spoken. Thank God He will awaken us and yes, He is going to move on us, but it will be despite us. He said  that we have blasphemed His holy name wherever we have gone.  Some will say, well that’s for Israel, not us. No, it is for any that the shoe fits, brother, and we are old natured Cinderella. We have met the enemy and they are US. Can we actually argue that point? No one with true love in their heart can. We should be crying right now, 

Our Christianity as we live it sets no one free. We do not glow with His presence and our vines are barren of real spiritual fruits. And you know what?  We actually try to pass this off as the best Jesus can do!  And all the while, as the world speeds towards eternity, we mouth the words... “We have need of nothing!”

Can you believe it? The audacity of us? We are a people who have forgotten how to blush. Our burden for the lost is non-existant. Our desire for holy natures We’ll pass, because we are quite satisfied with our “positional” variety, thank you very much. Anyway, it’s impossible so why sweat it, right? 

We go through the motions of being a Christian in our lives, visionless and passionless, and oh, we look happy on rh outside,  but inside, we are almost dead. Oh, we are healed, but only slightlyas we say ‘peace, peace’ when peace and joy are far from us. We re too busy being religious. 

Do we not see? The world sees, trust me and and they want nothing to do with what we have tried to pass off as the “full gospel.”Can we really blame them?  We divide up into either legalist camps determined to save God’s honor by trying to keep the rules and look down on others for not taking it seriously enough.  or we attempt to turn the grace of God into laciviousness, a free license to sin so we do not ever feel too boxed in. After all, we are only human! 

We as the church today are the classic emperor with his new invisible set of duds, and we parade around by and large as if we are displaying Christ to the lost. But they see no brokenness, no humility, no love for the lost. Heck, no love for one another. Instead we are like the sons of thunder who want to call down fire from heaven to consume those ungodly men and then.... get us out of here. And Lord, can you reverse the order and just take us now? 

We have become this generations pharisees, the blind leading the blind, and we cannot see it. But trust me, we will. 

Listen, when we do get awakened, we are going to look back at the thoughts and intents of our hearts and bow our heads low in shame. And yet..... and yet, glory to God, despite all this, and our contentment without godliness, despite all our shallowness andworldliness and religiousity, God is going to restore us, fill us and draw us near to Him! Now THAT is a miracle! 

And praise God, as we cast off the filthy rags of our old natures, clothe ourselves with our new obedient natures and hoist our shields of faith that will quench ALL the fiery darts of the wicked one.... every single one..... we will realize that the grace of God is far more amazing than we have ever dreamed.

We have a choice to make. Our valley of decision looms ahead. And in this valley, we will either break before almighty God or dig in our heels and say “We will NOT have Him reign over us.” You asked that I be hard? Ok, here goes. Luke 17, the parable of the talents. You can open your bibles if you want to make sure that I am  not making this up.

After the man came who made no gain with what had been entrusted to him, the master said these terrifying yet true words.

”Take away from him that which he hath been given, and give it to another.”

But wait. There is more. The master is not yet finished. The angry master then said this, and if I was a betting man, I would wager everything I owned that not one here has ever heard the next verse come out of a pulpit. Ready?

”Then bring ALL THOSE who would not have me to reign over them, and slay them before me.

<crickets>

Look, guys, we can either fall on the stone  and be broken and receive full glorious healing and have true joy restored to us, or, if we resist,  the stone  will fall on us and grind us to powder. It is our choice because, after all, we have free will, amen?

I hope all who read these hard words realize that I would much rather draw people with loving encouragement that God wants to bless them by taking over the reins of their lives than have to scare them into true full submission. The words above are not pleasant to share. But they too are part of the picture.

Lest we forget, th gospel is a two-edged sword.

“On them that fell, severity, but towards thou, goodness, IF you continue in HIS goodness. Otherwise, thou also shall be cut off.”

Ouch. Amen.

Blessings,

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, are you telling me that we as His bride have actually “occupied” till He comes? That we have run our race as if there is only one prize and we have lived our lives in such a way that we are  determined to win it? That we have been displaying to the world what being on fire for God looks like? If the world will know us by the love we have one for another, how are we doing?

Are you trying to tell me that we have been walking as sojournerscand are heavenly minded, and not overtaken with this life and what it has to offer? Can we say we have counted everything as dung for the knowledge of getting to know Christ better? Do our prayer closets reflect our love and burden for lost souls, especially if they be our children, family or friends?  Are you saying that people often observe us from afar and exclaim “Behold how they love one another? Really? 

Shall I keep going? Let me lay it out plainly, for it seems several feel I need to spit it all out and lay it on the table. We, like it  or not,  are Laodecia. Thank God for the few exceptions but for the vast majority of even the elect, our  internal fire pales in comparison to those blessed saints in the early church. They turned the entire known world on its head, and yes, as they did so and persecution broke out, with families burned alive, or fed to wild beasts, and they wavered not. They just kept locing thei enemies. Of course they they longed to  see Jesus face to face. 

And so should we . I do too, but listen... they OCCUPIED, brother. Their lives were banners advertising that Jesus was alive in them and that He is able to keep us from falling! Satan was getting his tail kicked, and it was not until the grievous wolves came in after Paul’s death that he was able to control the blaze called the early church.

And we have  the boldness and audacity to say we are ready and that we have done our part?? Where are our hearts? Where is our shame? Listen, God has spoken. Thank God He will awaken us and yes, He is going to move on us, but it will be despite us. He said  that we have blasphemed His holy name wherever we have gone.  Some will say, well that’s for Israel, not us. No, it is for any that the shoe fits, brother, and we are old natured Cinderella. We have met the enemy and they are US. Can we actually argue that point? No one with true love in their heart can. We should be crying right now, 

Our Christianity as we live it sets no one free. We do not glow with His presence and our vines are barren of real spiritual fruits. And you know what?  We actually try to pass this off as the best Jesus can do!  And all the while, as the world speeds towards eternity, we mouth the words... “We have need of nothing!”

Can you believe it? The audacity of us? We are a people who have forgotten how to blush. Our burden for the lost is non-existant. Our desire for holy natures We’ll pass, because we are quite satisfied with our “positional” variety, thank you very much. Anyway, it’s impossible so why sweat it, right? 

We go through the motions of being a Christian in our lives, visionless and passionless, and oh, we look happy on rh outside,  but inside, we are almost dead. Oh, we are healed, but only slightlyas we say ‘peace, peace’ when peace and joy are far from us. We re too busy being religious. 

Do we not see? The world sees, trust me and and they want nothing to do with what we have tried to pass off as the “full gospel.”Can we really blame them?  We divide up into either legalist camps determined to save God’s honor by trying to keep the rules and look down on others for not taking it seriously enough.  or we attempt to turn the grace of God into laciviousness, a free license to sin so we do not ever feel too boxed in. After all, we are only human! 

We as the church today are the classic emperor with his new invisible set of duds, and we parade around by and large as if we are displaying Christ to the lost. But they see no brokenness, no humility, no love for the lost. Heck, no love for one another. Instead we are like the sons of thunder who want to call down fire from heaven to consume those ungodly men and then.... get us out of here. And Lord, can you reverse the order and just take us now? 

We have become this generations pharisees, the blind leading the blind, and we cannot see it. But trust me, we will. 

Listen, when we do get awakened, we are going to look back at the thoughts and intents of our hearts and bow our heads low in shame. And yet..... and yet, glory to God, despite all this, and our contentment without godliness, despite all our shallowness andworldliness and religiousity, God is going to restore us, fill us and draw us near to Him! Now THAT is a miracle! 

And praise God, as we cast off the filthy rags of our old natures, clothe ourselves with our new obedient natures and hoist our shields of faith that will quench ALL the fiery darts of the wicked one.... every single one..... we will realize that the grace of God is far more amazing than we have ever dreamed.

We have a choice to make. Our valley of decision looms ahead. And in this valley, we will either break before almighty God or dig in our heels and say “We will NOT have Him reign over us.” You asked that I be hard? Ok, here goes. Luke 17, the parable of the talents. You can open your bibles if you want to make sure that I am  not making this up.

After the man came who made no gain with what had been entrusted to him, the master said these terrifying yet true words.

”Take away from him that which he hath been given, and give it to another.”

But wait. There is more. The master is not yet finished. The angry master then said this, and if I was a betting man, I would wager everything I owned that not one here has ever heard the next verse come out of a pulpit. Ready?

”Then bring ALL THOSE who would not have me to reign over them, and slay them before me.

<crickets>

Look, guys, we can either fall on the stone  and be broken and receive full glorious healing and have true joy restored to us, or, if we resist,  the stone  will fall on us and grind us to powder. It is our choice because, after all, we have free will, amen?

I hope all who read these hard words realize that I would much rather draw people with loving encouragement that God wants to bless them by taking over the reins of their lives than have to scare them into true full submission. The words above are not pleasant to share. But they too are part of the picture.

Lest we forget, th gospel is a two-edged sword.

“On them that fell, severity, but towards thou, goodness, IF you continue in HIS goodness. Otherwise, thou also shall be cut off.”

Ouch. Amen.

Blessings,

Gideon

I am saying YES their are some living and occupying just as they were too.   Just cause the majority has went bad ,   this was prophesied it would happen.

And we live in western socities .   You should see the ones living in china , korea  ,  iran ,  muslim countries ,  brother those are ON FIRE FOR CHRIST .

We just live in a fat slothful society and churches in large .   but this is how it is in those socities ,   very few will be following

BUT Let persecution do its work and watch what happens ,  some going to repent and we have not yet been persecuted like some have .

I agree the churches in large are in dire shambles .   dire shambles .    we will simply see only two types of unity emerge

ONE that puts doctrines of truth which divide aside for unity and then those who refuse to , AND those who refuse to will increase n faith

big time as they undergo some massive persecutions and trials .      You need to be specific about what unity you fully believe in .

DO you think it better we put some doctrinal fundamental differences aside ,  OR do you like me say I REFUSE to put aside ONE doctrinal pattern IN that bible PEROID .

But that my unity will be with those whose unity IS IN THE FAITH  , CHRIST and not one ounce of that pattern on how to evangelize , how to sepearte

how to correct how to be merciful and grave will be set aside at all.    Now that is the line in the sand .   

WE do need unity , but not one teaching compromised that JESUS ever said ,  not one .    that is how we must be .   Unity IN CHRIST and that means HIS pattern and the apostels

pattern.    JESUS never taught the SILENT witness just let the light shine approach .   that don't work , it caused and is causing only more and more

to fall away and sell out more and more doctrine for unity sake .     WE got mouths that need to be sayning JESUS ONLY saves .

their is a Charlton at work ,   I cant remember the guys name , but he too speaks of this coming time where they can into our chuches

and that the love and light of Christ will shine so bright we wont need to say any doctrine , any gospel , they will just flow with us .  ITS DUNG my friend

its a set up for only a worse fallng away than ever .    Jesus said GO ye into the world and PROCLAIM the gospel ,   early times men shook with fear at some of those messages

and asked what must we do to be saved .    I aint saying you are like this .   I am just saying that approach is all wrong and is all leading right into a big unity

bear hug that will seem as love , seem as Christ , ONLY we wont be hearing THE NAME OF JESUS or his doctrine .   its a sham we all need to be on guard against .

This is why I am asking you to be specific in your answers .   You don't know me , I don't know you .   we don't know each others backgrounds at all.

we don't know if one has an agenda or not .   Be specific when people ask questions and this will be cleared up .  that is all I am asking from us all.

Not accusing anyone , but just being real and sincere is all. 

12 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I am saying YES their are some living and occupying just as they were too.   Just cause the majority has went bad ,   this was prophesied it would happen.

And we live in western socities .   You should see the ones living in china , korea  ,  iran ,  muslim countries ,  brother those are ON FIRE FOR CHRIST .

We just live in a fat slothful society and churches in large .   but this is how it is in those socities ,   very few will be following

BUT Let persecution do its work and watch what happens ,  some going to repent and we have not yet been persecuted like some have .

I agree the churches in large are in dire shambles .   dire shambles .    we will simply see only two types of unity emerge

ONE that puts doctrines of truth which divide aside for unity and then those who refuse to , AND those who refuse to will increase n faith

big time as they undergo some massive persecutions and trials .      You need to be specific about what unity you fully believe in .

DO you think it better we put some doctrinal fundamental differences aside ,  OR do you like me say I REFUSE to put aside ONE doctrinal pattern IN that bible PEROID .

But that my unity will be with those whose unity IS IN THE FAITH  , CHRIST and not one ounce of that pattern on how to evangelize , how to sepearte

how to correct how to be merciful and grave will be set aside at all.    Now that is the line in the sand .   

WE do need unity , but not one teaching compromised that JESUS ever said ,  not one .    that is how we must be .   Unity IN CHRIST and that means HIS pattern and the apostels

pattern.    JESUS never taught the SILENT witness just let the light shine approach .   that don't work , it caused and is causing only more and more

to fall away and sell out more and more doctrine for unity sake .     WE got mouths that need to be sayning JESUS ONLY saves .

their is a Charlton at work ,   I cant remember the guys name , but he too speaks of this coming time where they can into our chuches

and that the love and light of Christ will shine so bright we wont need to say any doctrine , any gospel , they will just flow with us .  ITS DUNG my friend

its a set up for only a worse fallng away than ever .    Jesus said GO ye into the world and PROCLAIM the gospel ,   early times men shook with fear at some of those messages

and asked what must we do to be saved .    I aint saying you are like this .   I am just saying that approach is all wrong and is all leading right into a big unity

bear hug that will seem as love , seem as Christ , ONLY we wont be hearing THE NAME OF JESUS or his doctrine .   its a sham we all need to be on guard against .

This is why I am asking you to be specific in your answers .   You don't know me , I don't know you .   we don't know each others backgrounds at all.

we don't know if one has an agenda or not .   Be specific when people ask questions and this will be cleared up .  that is all I am asking from us all.

So if I specifically asked you if you personally were walking in the free indeed Jesus promised (according to how He defined it) what would you say? Again, as you said, not accusing, just asking.....

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 minutes ago, Gideon said:

So if I specifically asked you if you personally were walking in the free indeed Jesus promised (according to how He defined it) what would you say? Again, as you said, not accusing, just asking.....

Gideon

I would say YES I am by HIS Grace , HIS SPIRIT within me .    and I would say his own are getting matured up .

And that He is working in me that which is well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .   We don't need to look for an end time enlightenment

WE GOT JESUS NOW , IF we are HIS ,    And the TRUTH does set us free.    

I would not say , jus cause one has erred before that this means its just the way it is TILL THIS BIG end time enlightemen shows up .

NOW we the church , we got to deal with the problems and we got to correct them now.     Souls are at stake

The time is not in the future , and its not yesterday .........ITS TODAY ,  we got all things JESUS said we would and we wont and don't lack ANYTHING IF so we are HIS .

I don't need some end time enlightenemtnt to fulfill promises to me .  JESUS DONE DID THAT when he come to us . 

And its why its dire we preach and teach the truth now .     The pattern from the day of pentcost till the end , same spirit , same rain , same gifts , same

Has been with his own always .     ITS TIME to not point people to a future event of some filling

its not time to point and hang low for yesterdays .   ITS TIME TODAY to get up , cause we already GOT what you think is coming , IF WE HAVE JESUS NOW .

People do this , always pointing to some kind of coming rain.....................And all the while its always future , future , future .

YET his own have had these promises SiNCE the day of Pentecost .    SO armour up its warning time and encouraging time NOW .   many will die even tonight

natural causes ,   so why worry on the morrow , why point to something THAT IS ALREADY HERE .  ITS HERE .  ITS ALREADY HERE , it has been.

NOW Lets get busy LIVING FOR JESUS NOW .   

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I would say YES I am by HIS Grace , HIS SPIRIT within me .    and I would say his own are getting matured up .

And that He is working in me that which is well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .   We don't need to look for an end time enlightenment

WE GOT JESUS NOW , IF we are HIS ,    And the TRUTH does set us free.    

I would not say , jus cause one has erred before that this means its just the way it is TILL THIS BIG end time enlightemen shows up .

NOW we the church , we got to deal with the problems and we got to correct them now.     Souls are at stake

The time is not in the future , and its not yesterday .........ITS TODAY ,  we got all things JESUS said we would and we wont and don't lack ANYTHING IF so we are HIS .

I don't need some end time enlightenemtnt to fulfill promises to me .  JESUS DONE DID THAT when he come to us . 

And its why its dire we preach and teach the truth now .     The pattern from the day of pentcost till the end , same spirit , same rain , same gifts , same

Has been with his own always .     ITS TIME to not point people to a future event of some filling

its not time to point and hang low for yesterdays .   ITS TIME TODAY to get up , cause we already GOT what you think is coming , IF WE HAVE JESUS NOW .

People do this , always pointing to some kind of coming rain.....................And all the while its always future , future , future .

YET his own have had these promises SiNCE the day of Pentecost .    SO armour up its warning time and encouraging time NOW .   many will die even tonight

natural causes ,   so why worry on the morrow , why point to something THAT IS ALREADY HERE .  ITS HERE .  ITS ALREADY HERE , it has been.

NOW Lets get busy LIVING FOR JESUS NOW .   

I appreciate your perspective.  

Gids

• Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, Davida said:

Latter rain  movement fanatical heretical beliefs - are not biblical and has roots in William Branham not the Bible. Praise each other all you want, just don't lead others astray. 

Actually it has its roots in the word of God. Some have simply misused  or misrepresented it. Careful that we do not toss the baby out with the bath water.

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Well history agrees with what gotquestions says about the latter day movement  and  also that William Branham was /is  is very influential in the latter rain movement . 

https://www.gotquestions.org/latter-rain-movement.html

Men have tried to make movements out of all kinds of things that are legitimately in the bible.  And there is coming also a counterfeit move I believe, along with a genuine move of God, so we need to be alert and test all things........false prophets of Baal in a showdown with genuine Elijah fire.  But when the Lord moves, and performs His strange work, it is genuine....of course....when it is HIM and not a man-made movement.  But it is hard talking to those who don't believe half the new testament is for today anyhow, because they just assume anything of a spiritual (miraculous) nature can't be of God.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

10 hours ago, Gideon said:

Brother, I am not sure what denomination you are a part of. Different ones see the Holy Spirit differently. Of course He has come. And He resides in the wheat, not the tares.

Great!  I'm glad to hear you recognize the Holy Spirit has come.  I don't subscribe to any denomination, so that really isn't relevant to the discussion, but in regards to your comment about people seeing the Holy Spirit differently, I'm not sure what you mean.  There is only one Spirit, and He speaks the same truth to all, which is why we are instructed to test the spirits and make sure they align with the truth.  If you need to put me in a category, then think Berean, I compare what is said to what scripture says.

Unfortunately, our oil, even if we possess it, had not been lit. Thus, our lights are not shining. They are about to.

Here is a perfect example of you saying something that does not align with scripture.

Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.

John 8:12  [ I Am the Light of the World ] Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

If one has the Holy Spirit, their light is shining already.  The problem with what you are implying here, and you may not even realize it, is this.  If what you propose was true, then everyone from the early church until this enlightening, was walking in darkness and lost.  Nearly 2000 years of futility by your theory.

As to Ezekiel 36, it is a dual prophecy. And yes, it applies to us.

If it were a dual prophecy, then it shouldn't be so hard for you to explain when Christians were given the land, disobedient to God, then removed from the land given to "their fathers", and scattered among the nations.  The truth of the matter is they were not, this is about the nation of Israel and the nation of Israel only.  There are two groups that still need to be joined together as one, this will not occur until Israel is restored spiritually, which is what Ezekiel is addressing, Israel's restoration.

If what you say is true, then the new covenant that is promised here is not for us either, and if that were the case, we would all be wasting our time and need to convert to Judaism

I think you may be making the same mistake they are, and confusing what the actual promised inheritance is with earthly Jerusalem.

Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the things promised, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having acknowledged that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. 14 For people who speak thus make it clear that they are seeking a homeland.15 If they had been thinking of that land from which they had gone out, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

The same place Jesus told us about.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

The promise is the New Jerusalem, and that does not come down until it is done!

If there is no wall of separation between Jews and Gentiles now, and the new covenant is for all, would not the benefit promised here to the Jews be a benefit for us as well?

The wall of separation between the two was brought down by Jesus, but what benefit is that to those who don't yet believe in Him?  Here is the problem with your position, Peter already pointed to this prophecy being fulfilled for those born again at Pentecost, when the Holy Spirit was poured out.

Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, lifted up his voice and addressed them: “Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and give ear to my words. 15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:

17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
    and your young men shall see visions,
    and your old men shall dream dreams;
18 even on my male servants and female servants
    in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
    and signs on the earth below,
    blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
20 the sun shall be turned to darkness
    and the moon to blood,
    before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.
21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

It is not future for those filled with the Holy Spirit, it is past, and the lights are already burning.  For unbelieving Jews this is not so, yet, that is what will occur in the future, and the when of it is not a mystery.

Zechariah 12:10  [ Him Whom They Have Pierced ] “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and pleas for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.

Because God very clearly promises them that He will CAUSE them to obey, does He not?

What God is doing, is removing the blinders that have been on Israel as a result of their disobedience and idolatry.  God put the veil there to open the way for the Gentiles to come to salvation, so He will remove it at the proper time, in accordance with what is written.

Luke 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! 35 Behold, your house is forsaken. And I tell you, you will not see me until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!’”

John 12:38 so that the word spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:

“Lord, who has believed what he heard from us,
    and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”

39 Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said,

40 “He has blinded their eyes
    and hardened their heart,
lest they see with their eyes,
    and understand with their heart, and turn,
    and I would heal them.”

41 Isaiah said these things because he saw his glory and spoke of him.

Romans 11:7 What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, 8 as it is written,

“God gave them a spirit of stupor,
    eyes that would not see
    and ears that would not hear,
down to this very day.”

9 And David says,

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
    a stumbling block and a retribution for them;
10 let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see,
    and bend their backs forever.”

Gentiles Grafted In

11 So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather, through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. 12 Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!

Romans 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
    he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
27 “and this will be my covenant with them
    when I take away their sins.”

28 As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy.32 For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

God has a different plan in dealing with Israel, to bring them to Jesus at the proper time.  Two distinct groups, with different futures, all must be met to fulfill prophecy and bring the entire flock into one sheepfold, under one Shepherd, Jesus Christ.

If so, is that something we want? Do e think we need it? 

We already have the Holy Spirit when we are born again.  You are not addressing the issues with Ezekiel 36, for example the verse where it states they are given a new heart and a new spirit.  Since when does the circumcised heart of someone born again need to be replaced?  And since when does the Holy Spirit need to be replaced with a new spirit?  What you propose as a dual prophecy is in error, which is why you cannot reconcile these things.

The vast majority of Christians are living inRomans 7. Some are quite content there, and argue that since the apostle Paul resided there, who are we to think we can ever escape? So they settle in, make the best of their time in the world, and decorate their prison cells to their liking.

You are making sweeping statements, and all I can conclude is that you live in an area and are surrounded by people who are not Christians, and are not born again, whether they claim so or not.  No one born again should be content to live in sin, and if that is the case, then they are under a delusion.  The world is getting darker, and lawlessness is increasing, there is no doubt about that, but the wheat is still present.

I run across complete strangers all the time, and instantly feel a kinship to them.  Then at some point I will notice a bracelet claiming Jesus, or some trinket on their key chain praising the Lord.  The kinship I felt before noticing this, is the light of the Holy Spirit shining, and they are known as a brother or sister before the words ever need be spoken.  Praise God!

Do you realize love burned so brightly in Paul that no matter the cost personally, he laid down his own goals and dreams to save men from a judgment he  knew they were unprepared for? He ran his race as if there was only one prize and he was determined to win it. Do we? He told us that we should know how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor. Do we?  

I will leave you with a question. It was first asked by Leonard Ravenhill. Here it is:

Can you explain to me how 120 men filled with the Holy Spirit could turn the whole world upside down in one generation, and today, in large cities, we can have 120 churches claiming the same experience and the city not know, or care, that they are there? 

Blessings, 

Gideon

P.S. Brother, I have no problem sharing back and forth as long as it is with gentleness, patience and love. Amen?

Brother, let me put it like this.  I understand that because I am blunt and/or direct, I may come across as rigid.  But to address your questions, if I didn't care about others being unprepared, I would not have bothered to correct you.  You are misapplying scripture, whether you realize it or not.  God has His plan for Israel, and has already laid out His purpose for the church, and these callings are irrevocable as Paul states in Romans 11.

I am not pointing out your errors, or your improper paraphrases to be unkind or argumentative, but because what matters is the truth, and the truth is found in scripture.  Truth is not flowery words and eloquent speech, which as a writer I could certainly incorporate if pleasing men was my goal, but it isn't.  I am more concerned about serving God than whether or not what I have to say is pleasing to the eye, I simply prefer to get to the point.

When someone needs encouragement, I encourage.  When someone needs comfort, I comfort them.  And when someone says something that opposes scripture, I correct them.  Not out of spite or anger, but out of love, in all things.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Trust me, or you can ask Ananias and Saphira. The explosion of purity and righteousness will keep men and women like these two far, far away. 

The problem I see with what you say is that you can only see unity by having everyone lay down the truth to get along. What you do not see.... yet... is the revelation of truth as to who we actually are bringing everyone into unity! There are millions of backslidden saints who simply have been led astray. Sheep need to be led, and God is not going to come back with the rod before He pulls back His own to Him out of pastures that cannot support real victorious life with His staff. 

Please forgive me if I do not agree, but in all your words, I do not sense patience, or kindness or joy. This is no accusation. You may be all the above in person. It is just that I do not sense a soft heart or tears for those mis-led and for the multitide living  in error. Brokenness and humility are just as important.... no, actually MORE important, than zeal.... especially without compassion to accompany it.

I pray this does not upset you. That is not my point at all. However, if we do not agree, it is most likely best to avoid ighting over what is truth. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Gideon said:

In the past, when we talk about revivals, they are generally location specific. Generally one charismatic man who is a good speaker is the center, so to speak. He has fire, and everyone comes to warm themselves at that fire. That is all wonderful. But in all revivals, they simply peter out after a time. They were passing rain clouds who gave us mercy drops to keep the church alove until the final latter rain at the harvest. 

But as the latter rain begins, and it is, individuals will begin to “pop”. And these, filled with new found joy and excitement and victory, will share with others, who will do likewise. This will not be a man centered event. It will not be a location specific event. It will be a worldwide event. Like popcorn in a microwave, the church will start out individual small flames but grow into an out of control grass roots fire of glory.

There will be no pride here. There will be no leaders sharing the glory with God. There will just be God’s glorious church arising fr M the ashes of 500 bickering denominations. Will the current system we think of as church be able to hold it. Perhaps, but I sincerely doubt it. I have a feeling it will be millions of house church’s, helping one another survive the hard times, praying for the other churches. 

There will be no free lancing. God will reveal Gimself the same to everyone. No one is going to have to instruct another and tell them “This is how you can know the Lord”.No. ALL will know Him, from the lest to the greatest. And the monsters will stop being CEO’s admired by men, and become servants, laying down their lives for their flock. 

Does this sound too good to be true?  Nevertheless, this is what God is beginning to do. We can wait until the world is aflmaecto join in, or, if we are hungey enough, we can light our lamp today, and before we go to bed be walking in total peace and rest. But know this, every single sheep WaiLL hear Hos voice, and if needed, God will chase down the one who has strayed far from God, and bring him back, carrying him on Hos broad shoulders, with all the angels rejoicing.

Blessings, 

Gideon

This seems to be touching on the return of the Lord.......when every eye will see Him....and yes, all will know Him from the least to the greatest.  Upon His return He will be revealed to all who are left alive on the earth.

Rev 1:7

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

And He will be glorified in His saints.

2Th 1:10

....on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. 

Brother are you aware of the strong delusion and what that entails.......do you have any thoughts on that, or any wisdom as to how we can test a counterfeit move as opposed to a genuine move of God?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1