IGNORED

Beware of false teachers .

Wayne222

Guest Butero
11 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Lets be careful and watchout for any false teachers on Worthy. Compare what anyone says with the bible. Myself included. Because there have been much false doctrine on this board.

We can be led astray by this. The only thing to trust is the bible itself. Christ is the center of all things. We need to be rooted in Jesus alone and not any man.

Remember what John said we have need of no one to teach us. Because the annoting teaches us ALL THINGS. Let no man spoil you. The Apostles teachings are inspired by the holy spirit. And is full source of knowlege.

I will agree wholeheartedly with this.  Know your Bible.  Compare everything that is being said with scripture, no matter who is saying it.  Everything must be measured by the inerrant Word of God, and what is found in the KJV Bible.  

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

I will agree wholeheartedly with this.  Know your Bible.  Compare everything that is being said with scripture, no matter who is saying it.  Everything must be measured by the inerrant Word of God, and what is found in the KJV Bible.  

Why specifically the KJV?

Scripture doesnt mention KJV.

Guest Butero
8 hours ago, Davida said:

I think Wayne has concern about others reading on this forum and not for himself as Wayne is well anchored in the Word of GOD & in his walk with the Lord Jesus. 

One thing we need to beware of is those who lift up the Pope.  If we know the Bible, we should be able to clearly see that the Pope is not speaking the truth.

Guest Butero
1 minute ago, Dan_79 said:

Why would scripture mention it specifically?  That is like asking, why the original manuscripts, when the scripture doesn't say that only the originals are pure?  I can give a lot of reasons, but I will go with the main ones now.

1.  It has as it's foundation the T.R., which is what was in use by the church, as opposed to incomplete manuscripts found in Egypt and Alexandria, like most modern English versions use.

2.  Only three translations I know of are 100 percent complete.  Most leave out portions of the original text, that is established canon.  Those three are the Geneva Bible, the Authorized KJV Bible, and the NKJV Bible.  

3.  The translations do not agree with each other.  They do not say the same thing.  You can read the same verse in two translations and get an entirely different meaning.  

4.  In order to get a copywrite on a new translation, it must differ from what is out there, so changes are made that will make the most modern translations worse than those that were before in order to differ enough so they can make money off of them.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

The New American study is quite good along with the 1611 and earlier KJV.

The reason I like this is that modern scholars will include in their footnotes differing translations and often enlarge on the difference in their notes. These are honest scholars that have no particular axes to grind. I find it refreshing when a translator also includes other sources, like Aramaic, that often have humorous connotations. If you can see that the translators are in search of the Truth rather than some denominational bias, then it makes for a more beneficial overall understanding.

Ok, Thank you Butero. 

And yes thank you Justin Adams

I have never owned a KJV so thought it best to ask.

It proves to me one thing, scripture can be twisted, added to and have content removed etc etc

Which is partly whu you may or may not notice I am critical in comparing the books contained in the bible with its "overall" flow or consistency.

I also ask to be shown whu some books are judged canon and others rejected as apocraphy.

I have a goodnews and read mainly online sourced compared, biblehub etc to compare or quote here or elsewhere online. We have been given a brain to discern but it would be much easier if we all were able to agree on what is or should be authentic. I wouldn't like to undertake that task on my own. 

Someone did explain to me of certain ones to avoid and am learning and seeing why as they are very distant in meaning from others, just like you mentioned.

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I think you are correct. 

Hey! I got something right ! LOL !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Dan_79 said:

Yep! Here we go. Again.......:th_frusty:

• Praying! 1

13 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Yep! Here we go. Again.......:th_frusty:

Have I commited a sin by asking.

If so show us all.... which.

Im not feeling much love here. Maybe I should leave it here and go and ask the Prostitutes and Tax collectors at the gates of the forum.

I will pray for you.

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Dan_79 said:

Some of the worst teachers of the book I have noticed are those who are "closed" in mind and cannot (for human pride) humble themselves or say why they believe something to be true or false when questioned. They recoil in fear that they might of got it completely wrong and in the same time ignore the gift of recieving or giving more of the biblical message.

People don't always recoil because they're afraid of being wrong. Sometimes they just think "why bother?" when they suspect the other person will find a way to disagree.

Also, some positions are too complex to articulate in a forum. For example, I might make a passing comment that I have a different view of some parable. The effort to explain my view would derail a thread for three pages, and in the end there will be a slim chance that I change any minds. 

• Thumbs Up 1