• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

THE over all meaning of the ten virgins can be summed up in this .  BE YE READY for you know not when His coming IS .    its simply a reminder to not be foolish

to be ready , to be following Him .  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/26/2018 at 5:04 PM, Gideon said:

The gospel did spread like wildfire in the first century. However, from then till now, for the most part, the best we have accomplished was an occasional outbreak of flickering flames rises up in a region where revival occurs, only to die back down to something more resembling smoking wet leaves in the back yard.  But as to a full fledged harvest that the Bible speaks of before the end, we have not yet seen it..... yet. 

Christianity, in any areas where prosperity reigns at least, is on the decline. Why? We cannot compete with the spirit of the world. We lack realness. We have just enough of  Christian truth to convince us we are fine and now have need of nothing, which prevents us from catching the real thing. But going-through-the-motions smoldering is not fire. 

What is it going to take to see a real harvest? The return of a Christianity that makes men exclaim “Behold how they love one another!” Leonard Ravenhill, famed British evangelist who is now with the Lord, said that you never have to advertise a fire. It can be three in the morning, and the streets will be lined with gawkers. 

We need a reality check. The world simply does not want what we are peddling. 90 minute once-a-week church services, with no passion, holding fast to a belief that victory over the world, the flesh or the devil is impossible in this life. We are by and large devoid of real contagious joy, lack passion for souls because “we have ours, so take us home,Lord!” We are Laodecia 2.0. but boy, does hearing  that get our blood boiling.

We are salt that has lost its savor, and until we get sick of our old carnal natures ruling over us, and cry  out to God to set us free indeed as HE Defined it,  we can try all we want to change the world, but in the end, we will settle back down and sigh “Smoke is better.....” because we have rested content with a God who does not have the power to actually change us

A fire IS coming. The church is not going to go out holding on by our finger nails, not by a long shot. Our God did not plant His church in power and victory, only to have to come rescue us as the compromised overcome. We will all, every single one of us who are true sheep, awaken and put on our new natures and testify that we are strangers and pilgrims.... sojourners.... and citizens of Heaven, not this earth.

And when the world sees the church awaken, and actually live what we  preach, they will no longer look at is with disdain or see is as hypocrites, and God sanctifies us right before their eyes, they will see us in a whole new light. Either they will fear and hate us, or they will join us. There will be no middle ground. 

We are entering the valley of decision, and it will start with us  in His church. 

Blessings,

Gideon

David Wilkerson saw an end time revival too.  And i know what the Lord has shown me in the scriptures.....it is something more than a revival, the consummation of the church age.  And it will separate the sheep from the goats and wheat from the chaff......to gather them all to the end time battle of the ages between Satan's army and God's army.  I think  the Lord is giving everyone pieces of the puzzle, with everyone seeing it from a different angle or using different scriptures to show it.....and as well, keeping in mind that we all know in part.  The gates of hell will not prevail against His church.

The parable of the virgins , IS SAYING BE READY ,  Once the LORD comes ITS TOO LATE , either you were ready in HIM or you were not .

THEREFORE , instead of preaching of some END TIME awakening ,   EXHORT NOW ,   be WATCHING NOW and do all NOW , for two things ]

no man knows their last hour and know man knows the day of the LORDs coming .     the only THING JESUS and APOSTLES ever said about the end times

WERE   a falling away .  NOT an awakening .   their are however , many groups today preaching of an great awakening coming to the church ,  NEW AGE IS

so are many well known false men .   Now this is scary stuff Gideon.    Either the people are ready ,  or they wont make it .    We gotta

focus on NOW .  Not FUTURE , not TOMORROW,  BUT TODAY , Get them warned and exhorted today .

Just now, Heleadethme said:

David Wilkerson saw an end time revival too.  And i know what the Lord has shown me in the scriptures.....it is something more than a revival, the consummation of the church age.  And it will separate the sheep from the goats and wheat from the chaff......to gather them all to the end time battle of the ages between Satan's army and God's army.  I think  the Lord is giving everyone pieces of the puzzle, with everyone seeing it from a different angle or using different scriptures to show it.....and as well, keeping in mind that we all know in part.  The gates of hell will not prevail against His church.

Its a great division that is increasing .  and this will cause the lambs to shine forth and the world to hate them ever more and it will lead to the end time battle .

The gates of hell WILL NOT PREVAIL against the church .   Oh many will die ,  but our soul is saved .   and no matter how harsh it gets in time

no matter how many are killed , and MANY will be for its a blood bath coming ,    STILL their will be some still here AT the COMING of our LORD when he comes to wipe

out the false prophet and the beast and lock satan bound for a thousand years .   

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1

I was beginning to feel awfully lonely in having returned to this forum.  It warms my heart to finally see that there are others here who also believe God intended the Gospel to be victorious in this world.

19 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Its a great division that is increasing .  and this will cause the lambs to shine forth and the world to hate them ever more and it will lead to the end time battle .

The gates of hell WILL NOT PREVAIL against the church .   Oh many will die ,  but our soul is saved .   and no matter how harsh it gets in time

no matter how many are killed , and MANY will be for its a blood bath coming ,    STILL their will be some still here AT the COMING of our LORD when he comes to wipe

out the false prophet and the beast and lock satan bound for a thousand years .   

We should expect and understand that it will come with terrible persecutions....tribulation such as the world has never seen yet....but power and victory in the midst of it in greater measure than we have seen yet.  As well as the greater works that we have not seen yet.  The new wine of the wedding feast poured out on the Bride.....I believe this is what Jesus meant:

Mat 26:29

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

He has saved the best wine for last.

Edited by Heleadethme

1 minute ago, Heleadethme said:

We should expect and understand that it will come with terrible persecutions....tribulation such as the world has never seen yet....but power and victory in the midst of it in greater measure than we have seen yet.  As well as the greater works that we have not seen yet.  The new wine of the wedding feast poured out on the Bride.....I believe this is what Jesus meant:

Mat 26:29

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

And how a world wide persecution will soon strike the lands .    But persecution does not harm the church ,   Its only strengthens it .

None of us here have even yet had our faith tried , LIKE ITS about to be.   BUT LOOK what it did to men long ago,    THEY abounded , it worked a work n them.

it did .    We should fear nothing that comes against us .    We should simply understand that God simply allows things and its for OUR OWN GOOD .

better to be corrected now ,  to be chastened and sharpened, than to be left to our own demise .    And those who do live Godly will suffer persecution .

ITS BUILDS THEM UP .     And then they too can comfort those who are in any tribualation by the same COMFORT GOD gives those persecuted .

And we can bodly say,  I shall not fear what man can do to me .    We seen people SINGINING sister .   and where were they singing

we seen people rejoicing and why were they rejoicing .      FOR BEING PERSECUTED , counted worthy FOR JESUS sake .    Perseuctions don't harm the people .

Whatever GOD allows to come against us ,   GOD KNOWS and will work it out for good to those who LOVE HIM .    SING IT SISTER

and fear nothing ,   fear only He who we ought to fear and fear no man , no threat , no persecution or even death .  FOR those who are HIS , have the victory

because they have the ONE WHO DONE WON , WHO DONE OVERCAME IT ALL .      ARISE peoples and praise the LORD .  WAKE to righteousness  and sin not .

IT is true that the hour of our betrayal is at the door .    For the world is being led as one TO the wrong door , to the wrong head , to the one who can never OPEN THE TRUE DOOR.

Its going to be a very bloody betrayal .    And as Christ was betrayed from one within ,  SO TOO our betrayer and betrayers have come from within our own relgion .

ANd they are fast fleecing the flocks with lies under a dark mindset .    and in time this will lead them to the One who will offer the ultimate SOLUTOIN for all the worlds ills.

ONLY thing is ,   we will be considered ONE OF THOSE ILLS .      YEAH , out all out betrayal is coming . 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So essentially, you are basing your theory on a couple of parables. I believe Jesus and Paul clearly state otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I also believe as Christendom comes under persecution, the few true believers will shine brighter and as Tertullian famously said, "The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church"

The thing is , IF we examine that parable ,  it has nothing to do with an end time awakening .  its simply a reminder TO BE READY IN CHRIST and not be as the foolish.

WHO is the one who understood prophecy BETTER than anyone .    JESUS .     DID JESUS ever say to his desciples when they asked him

LORD , LORD what will be the signs of thy coming and of the end of the age ,    Did JESUS ever say TAKE HEART for you will see an great awakening .

NO.   and not only that .  HE ACTUALLY said the OPPOSITE .   so do the apostels .    WE have TO TAKE that WORD and anything which contradicts it , we must not fall for .

It is all over the place about how it would be near the end .    ALL I see were WARNINGS about deceptions , false prophets ,   STRONG delusion

A great falling away , the love of many waxing cold .    I don't see anywhere that ANYONE in the new testament EVER SPOKE of some big end time awakening .

BUT I do see where they speak the OPPOSITE .  but I do agree,   the believers under persecution will shine brighter and Correction is needed big time .

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The thing is , IF we examine that parable ,  it has nothing to do with an end time awakening .  its simply a reminder TO BE READY IN CHRIST and not be as the foolish.

WHO is the one who understood prophecy BETTER than anyone .    JESUS .     DID JESUS ever say to his desciples when they asked him

LORD , LORD what will be the signs of thy coming and of the end of the age ,    Did JESUS ever say TAKE HEART for you will see an great awakening .

NO.   and not only that .  HE ACTUALLY said the OPPOSITE .   so do the apostels .    WE have TO TAKE that WORD and anything which contradicts it , we must not fall for .

It is all over the place about how it would be near the end .    ALL I see were WARNINGS about deceptions , false prophets ,   STRONG delusion

A great falling away , the love of many waxing cold .    I don't see anywhere that ANYONE in the new testament EVER SPOKE of some big end time awakening .

BUT I do see where they speak the OPPOSITE .  but I do agree,   the believers under persecution will shine brighter and Correction is needed big time .

Yes...Jesus was not addressing the blessed hope at that time, but wanted to prepare them/us for the price that would have to be paid.  Yes, certainly a falling away....and those whose love is cold or lukewarm are not the ones with extra oil who will go into the wedding feast, as the parable shows.

Just a question or two to think about brother.....do you believe you know in part?  And that if we think we know, we do not yet know as we ought?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Gideon.  this is the thing .   That parable of the ten virgins is simply a parable saying HOW we must keep the oil so the lamps DONT GO OUT .

Five were wise , FIVE FOOLISH.    and it shows us the Day of the LORD comes at a time known ONLY to GOD and thus BE READY , HAVE THE OIL

so the lamps don't go out .     Does anyone ever read the end of the parable .  the FIVE don't  make it ,  even after going out to those who sell it in the streets

They come back,  AND THAT DOOR NEVER OPENED.    THIS has nothing to do with an end time awakening .

Bring some other scrips that have you believe this ,   so they too can be tested .

You are overlooking two very critical elements of rhe parable. 

1) All the virgins were sleeping, even those with oil. 

2) The lamps of the sleeping virgins with oil were not lit.... right before the master returns. 

Shall we change the narrative to fit our beliefs, or, shall we change our beliefs to fit the narrative. 

The five virgins with oil were not prepared. They too were sleeping. Their lamps were not burning brightly. 

What is  your explanation as to  why rhese things would be included in a parable about immediately before the return of the master? 

This fits exactly with the parable of the servants of the master not prepared to meet the Lord for their hearts were here... in this life. That is what still walking in rhe old nature does. It makes being eternally minded almost impossible. 

But praise God, when a man admits his great need to be truly new natured, realizing that we are trying to teach our old dog new tricks, which will never succeed, he can at last do the one thing God does ask of us.... believe our God that He has already made us new. 

The pattern that I have seen is that desperation often preceeds this faith breakthrough. We have all lived like Paul trapped in Romans 7, but without his heart.

Paul hated his sins. We make excuses for rheir hanging around.

Paul hated his old nature. He saw the old him as wretched. We admit our nature may need work, but are convinced that if we really are serious, we can whip us into shape, because after all, no one is perfect. 

Paul longed to be delivered from his prison, knowing there was nothing he could do to get free. We, on the other hand, have tried to make the best of things, and decorated our prison cells, consoling one another with the fact that despite what Jesus promised, that He would set us free indeed, free from committing sins, we choose to remain in unbelief, simply because we cannot farhom that we can ever truly be made free as He has clearly promised us.

And why do we choke on the promise? Because we think it is something WE have to accomplish! Glory to God, it is not. He accomplishes it IN us... through us. You see, when we actually put on our new natures, we are putting on rhe Lord Jesus Christ. He... Jesus... IS our new nature. That is why we bwcome one with Him. 

This is why God tells us in Ezekiel 36 that He will actually ‘cause us’ to walk as obedient children. Do we not see our unbelief? We choke on this, assuming it must be a mistake. Brother, it is no mistake. 

So, back to the need for brokenness...desperation. When we finally realize that the standard is again being raised in these last days....holiness unto the Lord..... our natural inclination will be to try, and  try hard. We will fail. But what a glorious day it is when we  finally see we were never expected to do it. With man it is impossible. But with God, it is more than possible. It is assured! 

I am praying for all who read these words that hunger for more of Christ inside them overpowers their contentment with status quo Christianity, where we are healed, but only slightly. God has an amazing walk for each one of us, but first, we have to wake up and admit we need it. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• This is Worthy 1