• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

21 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Untrue.  Here are a couple of quotes from you:

You indict the entire country in the above quotes and there is no distancing yourself from that.  You state very clearly that you hate the U.S.  Not the administration.  Not the President.  Not the Liberal dogma that drives hatred of Israel.  You hate the whole country, therefore, you blame the whole country for it's perceived atrocities.  In some cases, you are correct in the rational you describe, in others, not so much, because you don't seen to understand the internal workings of the country itself.

I am sympathetic to your cause, up to a point, but your methodology needs a good deal of work.

America the country not its people, by country I mean government, that's why I don't say Americans. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member

29 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

And yet you defend Catholicism at ever turn, even resorting to the same tactics the RCC uses itself to minimize the horrors they perpetrated in the Crusades and the Inquisition.  If you hate killing by an organized religious group, you should hate all of it equally and not formulate excuses for it in one case, because you are sympathetic to that denomination, but abhor it, in another case, because you don't like that religion.  Whether it is Catholicism, or Islam killing wide swaths of people, the result is still the same:  The people are dead.  And in both instances, those pogroms should be condemned with equal vigor.  In the case of the Albigenses, the Waldenses, and the Huguenots, the RCC didn't just persecute these groups, they massacred them, in a couple of cases, pretty much wiping them out as a group.  Where is your outrage for them?  Are you against all religious persecution?  Or just the kind that Islam farms out around the world.

As an aside, it's kind of hypocritical to accuse someone of hate when you have this quote hanging out there:

Crusades were a defensive war and a direct response to Islamic conquests,  the inquisition was also in a way an attempt at defending the state, there were no massacres during the inquisition that's a myth. Protestants killed way more then the Roman Catholic Church. The Catholic Church has done bad things I never declared it perfect, it however believes in the same Bible as you and I, far different from a religious group whose lifetime and founding has been bad. 

1 minute ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Then perhaps you need to re-think how you express your ire with the US government.  Because the country is not it's government.  The country is its people.  When you say you hate the country, you are saying you hate it's people as well, whether you intend to or not.  I don't know what country you live in, but if I wrote out a post where I said I hated that country, I would be saying that I hated it's people as well.  No getting around that.

Wells that's just how I say country, I make distinction from saying Americans.

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

And the defense goes on.  I realize that the Crusades were a defensive war.  I didn't just parachute in.  That does not change the fact that the RCC was killing people left and right under the guise of killing them in the name of Christ.  Plenty of innocent Jews got killed by the RCC in the Crusades.  Your view of the Inquisition is hopelessly flawed.  No Catholic, or Catholic sympathizer ever wants to confront the horror of the Inquisition realistically.  And they always use the "Protestants killed more people than the RCC" response in an almost knee-jerk response and yet they can never give examples.  Give us some examples of a Protestant denomination massacring people.

The bolded statement is where you run off the tracks and where you reveal that Catholicism is your go-to denomination even though you keep claiming it is not.  They may use the same Bible, but they do not believe it the way that actual orthodox Christianity does.  Such things as a works-based salvation, purgatory, indulgences, Mary being a co-redeemer, the Papacy, confessing to a Priest, saint worship, iconoclasm ect. are doctrines that have absolutely no biblical support beyond proof-texts taken out of context by the RCC.  The Bible is secondary to official RCC doctrine and church tradition.  The concept of Sola Scriptura is abhorrent the the RCC.  I find that odd for a church that claims to love the Bible so much.

Sola Scriptura is not a Biblical doctrine nor was a doctrine like it or similar to it ever in existence within Christian history before the reformation, the only doctrines that I share with the Catholic Church is prayer to Saints, Mary, and icons. Other then that I can't defend them on anything else. Rogue Crusaders killed Jews true, but the Crusade itself was meant to stop Islamic expansionism, random soldiers taking the opportunity to go pillage people during the war doesnt mean the war itself is unjust.

Some facts on the Inquisition for you:

Inquisitors were not fanatical priests as they are often portrayed. In fact, many of them were not priests at all but legal experts trained in Spanish schools.

Contrary to popular belief, torture was rarely used. It was used less by the Inquisition than it was in the tribunals of other countries throughout Europe at the time.

Stories about cruel torture methods used by the Inquisitors and the terrible conditions in which prisoners were kept were completely falsified. The Inquisition actually had the best jails in Spain.

Prisoners of secular courts would actually blaspheme so that they could be transferred to Inquisition prisons and escape the maltreatment of the secular prisons.

Persecuting witchcraft was a craze in Europe at the time, and secular courts were not tolerant of these kinds of offenses. The accused were often burned at the stake. The Inquisition, on the other hand, declared witchcraft a delusion. No one could be tried for it or burned at the stake.

The Inquisition was virtually powerless in rural areas.

In the entire sixteenth century, the Inquisition in Spain executed only about 50 people, which is contrary to the "Black Legend," which numbers the executions in the hundreds of thousands.

Of all the Inquisitions together throughout Europe, scholars estimate that the number of people executed ranged somewhere between 3,000 and 5,000. That averages, at most, about fourteen people per year throughout the entire continent over a period of 350 years.

I don't know why people here always turn threads into Catholic Protestant fights.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

that's a deep question....     not for me to get into in any thread discussing the dangers of Islam.....     one would think the pope was more dangerous than the Mahdi.   

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

On 25/04/2018 at 12:54 PM, Mishael said:

I'm not Muslim I'm Christian from the Middle East  and I'm talking about Middle Eastern Christians who suffer from Muslims and no one bothers to help us Christians of the Middle East. 

Sincerest apologies.

Was totally wrong of me to  make that assuming comment. Please forgive me?

Edited by Dan_79
  • Loved it! 2

1 minute ago, Dan_79 said:

Sincerest apologies.

Was totally wrong of me to  make that assuming comment. Please forgive me?

No need for an apology, we just want help from the west down here.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

1 minute ago, Mishael said:

No need for an apology, we just want help from the west down here.

Can you not seek refuge to somewhere safer?

• Loved it! 1