• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  301
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/11/1979

12 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

In your posts, you were speaking against food banks for wasting land and not growing food for the food banks and homeless. Now you state its for yourself. 

You do not see where I am coming from. The last thing I want is the govt telling me how to grow food for myself. That isnt the topic of the thread or your initial posts here. Realistically if its for others in any organization, there are regulations that have to be met. 

If I am part of the homeless yeah.

And on a personal level you are fighting one fact against me ....

Please think about it...

Think of the amount of land that is being used just to keep you alive in food?

Is it yours?

Also I am not speaking about the foodbanks negatively, if you look I have said the government decisions created the need for the foodbank.

The church sits idle on its own land.

The government will not allow any grass roots food initiative to compete with its tax doners (supermarkets).

I beg you think this through. I have.

I like your critical thinking and the fact you challenge me respectfully.

Edited by Dan_79

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Dan_79 said:

I'm speechless.

I feel that way on here sometimes too. :whoop-dee-doo:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

This is America. Supply and demand. Your advocating rules for the use of land owned by others and restricted by the county/city. Get the rules changed by bringing a good documented plan before the council and they would be happy to have their names in the news for implimenting a 'grow our own food' for the homeless. Most homeless live where they can get free, without working. Fact. Not all. Find someone with land outside city jurisdiction, and gather others who have this concern for the homeless, who know the ropes of truck farming. Start a small trailer park, for workers only.
If your serious, and not just complaining what others don't do, , read below what others have done. On their own. This is just two, of hundreds of others, who aare doing what you advocate. May God bless your efforts.

‘Food for Free’ will farm land to feed the homeless      http://sparechangenews.net/2017/07/food-free-will-farm-land-feed-homeless/

For the past 26 years, Food For Free, the Cambridge-based food-rescue organization, in partnership with Lindentree Farms in Lincoln, has set aside a quarter of an acre of land to grow produce to feed homeless people. Over the past two years alone, the nonprofit grew between 4,800 to 6,000 pounds of produce to help feed people in need in Boston.Farmer Ari Kurtz has given Food For Free the use of a small section of his farm land, commonly referred to as the Field of Greens. Kurtz provides the farm with his tools, seeds and farming knowledge and experience. Kurtz helps the Field of Greens grow thick, nutrient-dense vegetables such as cabbage, kale, collard greens, lettuce and green onions, with volunteers harvesting produce weekly.

Below is from Las Angeles, Ca.

How an Urban Farm is Feeding L.A. County’s Homeless

http://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/urban-farm-feeding-l-countys-homeless/
Eight miles from downtown, amid the warehouses and factories and railroad tracks of Bell, Corinne McAndrews plots out two rows of Purple Queen garlic. “I want to be part of a new way of thinking about urban agriculture,” she says of GrowGood, the farm she manages here. This isn’t a communal plot; it isn’t really a commercial one, either. GrowGood harvests food for people who are in no position to sort through the produce at the Santa Monica Farmers Market. Spread over one-and-a-half acres of U.S. Army land that a few years ago, she says, was “void of biological life,” its dozens of varieties of vegetables and herbs and 50 fruit trees serve as the engine of GrowGood’s mission: sending its harvest to the large homeless shelter across the parking lot.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

Thanks

Edited by Dan_79

14 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

If I am part of the homeless yeah.

And on a personal level you are fighting one fact against me ....

Please think about it...

Think of the amount of land that is being used just to keep you alive in food?

Is it yours?

Also I am not speaking about the foodbanks negatively, if you look I have said the government decisions created the need for the foodbank.

The church sits idle on its own land.

The government will not allow any grass roots food initiative to compete with its tax doners (supermarkets).

I beg you think this through. I have.

I like your critical thinking and the fact you challenge me respectfully.

The church is not idle.The church is planting. Seeds. For spiritual nourishment. For a healthy soul. This is good. At my church, we are not in the business of feedidng the homeless, but feeding the sheep.

6 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

The church is not idle.The church is planting. Seeds. For spiritual nourishment. For a healthy soul. This is good. At my church, we are not in the business of feedidng the homeless, but feeding the sheep.

The specific church I referred to is sitting Idle on its own land (ie the government has no way to interfere or drive anyone off of it for growing food to help the poor).

So are there no homeless sheep among you in your world?

Edited by Dan_79

17 hours ago, Dan_79 said:

I live in the UK.

SEE HISTORY OF USA how it began.

I think you simply like to argue, and not discuss 'feeding the homeless' If king George had listened to the founding fathers and granted 'taxation WITH REPRESENTATION', this would be a different country. Shouldn't get into the bad old USA, or you will hear from those who have relatives  buried  in military cemeteries, in your country. My Brother.

Edited by Gary Lee

3 minutes ago, Dan_79 said:

The specific church I referred to is sitting Idle on its own land (ie the government has no way to interfere or drive anyone off of it for growing food to help the poor).

So are the homeless souls not worthy of saving in your world?

I posted earlier I think you like to argue. The post above proves it. May God grant you that which you need. I cannot. God bless you, Dan.

4 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

I think you simply like to argue, and not discuss 'feeding the homeless' If king George had listened to the founding fathers and granted 'taxation WITH REPRESENTATION', this would be a different country. Shouldn't get into the bad old USA, or you will hear from those who have recitatives  buried  in military cemeteries, in your country. My Brother.

I dont accept your judgement.

I can staye my case perfectly well without people trying to draw attention to me ina negative way like you are asserting.

Do you only like to have a discussion where everyone agrees with you?

Read and reply to what I write and save the judgments please.

Brother.

4 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

I posted earlier I think you like to argue. The post above proves it. May God grant you that which you need. I cannot. God bless you, Dan.

Gods will shall be done.

Edited by Dan_79