• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

That is a good point Gideon, I think there are obstacles in the way sometimes, why it is difficult to lay one's life completely on the altar....there can be fears of various kinds, which is really the enemy lying to us, but I believe the Lord is able to help with things like that, as we continue to seek Him.

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

That is a good point Gideon, I think there are obstacles in the way sometimes, why it is difficult to lay one's life completely on the altar....there can be fears of various kinds, which is really the enemy lying to us, but I believe the Lord is able to help with things like that, as we continue to seek Him.

The wonderful thing here is that He will never ask us to do something we are not willing to do. Now, He also says that He will cause us both to will (want to) and to do of His good pleasure. Can God make even a mud hut in Africa appealing to us? Oh, yes, yes He can! 

I remember reading a story of two Moravian young men who learned of a hard hearted man who owned an island and many slaves and swore he would never allow the gospel to be heard on his island. These two young souls, on fire for God, and moved by Him, sold themselves into slavery to this man and used the money to purchase one way tickets to that island, so the slaves there would have a chance to hear the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved. They sailed away from their family and friends, never to be heard from again on this earth. But God heard them, and their entrance into Heaven, I bet, was glorious! 

Blessings, HLM

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Gideon said:

The wonderful thing here is that He will never ask us to do something we are not willing to do. Now, He also says that He will cause us both to will (want to) and to do of His good pleasure. Can God make even a mud hut in Africa appealing to us? Oh, yes, yes He can! 

I remember reading a story of two Moravian young men who learned of a hard hearted man who owned an island and many slaves and swore he would never allow the gospel to be heard on his island. These two young souls, on fire for God, and moved by Him, sold themselves into slavery to this man and used the money to purchase one way tickets to that island, so the slaves there would have a chance to hear the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ and be saved. They sailed away from their family and friends, never to be heard from again on this earth. But God heard them, and their entrance into Heaven, I bet, was glorious! 

Blessings, HLM

Gideon

How about Jonah? Did he want to go to Neneveh?

How did God react when he went the other way?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/5/2018 at 12:06 PM, angels4u said:

God has promised us, though the Lord Jesus indwelling us, to cause us both to will (want to) and to do (actually follow through and perform it) of His good pleasure. Jonah was not privy to that promise. 

We are told that His will for us is “that good and perfect and acceptable will of God”. Why do we choose to doubt Him? The prodigal learned a hard lesson. When he chose to follow his own will, finding the Father’s will for him too restrictive, his path, at least for a while, seemed ‘fun’. But as the seeds he planted began to sprout and bring forth fruit, and the full consequences of those choices became apparent,  he finally understood that when you sow to the wind, you will reap the whirlwind. And when he was finally broken of his rebellion and self rule, and he finally became willing to simply serve his father no matter what it was he was asked to do, the full enjoyment of his sonship opened up to him. 

Now the question simply becomes..... will we believe it? The longer we do not, and listen to the lies Satan feeds us about giving our all to Him and that losing our life for His sake is too radical and cultish, we rob ourselves of abiding in Him. If we are Christians but want to remain socially acceptable, the next few years are going to demand a choice be made. Jesus said that if we walk as we are supposed to, those that hated Jesus will hate us too. There is simply no way around it. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1