• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Those wandering around lamenting the state of the church instead of attending one working to serve God in it and being part of it will never know. 

And those who refuse to name the names of the false ones ,  WILL be held accountable .    Again  ,  what on earth is awana.

PS ,  rejoice neighbor ,    I FINALLY FOUND A WONDERFUL CHURCH.     SO ,  what is AWANA.  

• Group:  Mars Hill

4 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Those wandering around lamenting the state of the church instead of attending one working to serve God in it and being part of it will never know. 

IF those churches are teaching dung ,    I count this as a blessing to have been identified as one who don't gather with them.  WE don't gather just for the sake of gathering .

WE gather with those who preach sound BIBLCAL doctrine for the sake of being built up and edified .      Unity for the sake of unity IS VAIN as VANTIY can be .

BUT UNITY with those who TRULY FOLLOW and TEACH CHRIST iS GAIN .    

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Yowm said:

Many Churches with 'programs for youth' also lose their kids to the world. Even good OT Kings had wayward sons. God is sovereign and we still as parents have the obligation to teach them.

Did they use scripture alone?......sorry not trying to entrap you.....my point is that many people quote scripture and never see the manifestation of it.....reasons can be numerous....but scripture alone doesn't guarantee it will manifest in our youth just because we speak it.....their free will is involved. 

I don't know what AWANA means ,  but I this I do know ,   half the junk I heard preached ,  I was like I WANNA out of this place .    go and learn what that means .

A HINT .  put the face IN THE BIBLE and it wont take too long to figure it out .

4 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

Did they use scripture alone?......sorry not trying to entrap you.....my point is that many people quote scripture and never see the manifestation of it.....reasons can be numerous....but scripture alone doesn't guarantee it will manifest in our youth just because we speak it.....their free will is involved. 

That is on them .      Scripture alone is what must be fed to the people ,  BY the POWER of the SPIRIT and true SPIRIT FILLED MEN .

that is my story and I am a sticking to it .    the only pattern that works , IS the pattern the early church taught ,  all else whether it adds too or takes from IS FAILURE .

the wonderful perfect example of pure sound doctrine by SPRIIT filled men is all that a church does need to grow .   we don't feed weeds  , we feed wheat .

We don't feed wolves , we feed lambs .   and in both cases , ONLY ONE FOOD does work .  HOLY SCRIPTURES .  

8 minutes ago, Heart2Soul said:

PS ,    I get the feeling you already know this .   just keeping it  simple is all.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

AWANA is a blessing to many families here and elsewhere.

To explain AWANA to  any individual with a mindset determined to disparage my Lord's local bodies of Christ Jesus would be for me  to engage in a vain debate.

But; for anyone that may wish to learn something of AWANA here is a link  https://www.awana.org

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

What happens, I believe, is the Church Molly-coddles the youth. They ask what music and styles are they into and then mimicks the world to attract the youth. They need some good 'ol fashion preaching from Scripture. Then the youth will see there is a difference, a heaven and a hell, truth and relativism, immorality and righteousness, God's love and the world's games etc.

Evolve? No, get back to God's Word.

:thumbsup:  Exactly. 

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

AWANA is a blessing to many families here and elsewhere.

To explain AWANA to  any individual with a mindset determined to disparage my Lord's local bodies of Christ Jesus would be for me  to engage in a vain debate.

But; for anyone that may wish to learn something of AWANA here is a link  https://www.awana.org

Awana is showing signs that it is becoming a full-blown contemplative organization. First of all, through Awana’s prison project, the organization is incorporating New Age sympathizer Ken Blanchard’s Lead Like Jesus Encounter program. On July 13th, we spoke with Lyndon Azcuna, Awana Cross Cultural Ministries director, who told us he was a Lead Like Jesus facilitator. Azcuna works in the main headquarters office of Awana. He said that the project was using Ken Blanchard’s materials. When we explained to him that Blanchard promoted the New Age and mystical meditation, he said that the program did not have these elements.

However, the Lead Like Jesus Encounter is largely based on Blanchard’s book, Lead Like Jesus, and that book does include contemplative elements. For instance, in the chapter called “The Habits of a Servant Leader” a palms-up, palms-down exercise is described (something Richard Foster has encouraged)(p. 158). The book gives a typical instruction on contemplative:

“Before we send people off for their period of solitude, we have them recite with us Psalm 46:10 in this way: Be still and know that I am God. Be still and know. Be still. Be…. When people return from their time of solitude, they have big smiles on their faces. While many of them found it difficult to quiet their mind, they say it was a powerful experience. The reality is most of us spend little if any time in solitude. Yet if we don’t, how can God have a chance to talk with us?”

For Awana to include Ken Blanchard’s teachings into its organization, shows that the situation is quite serious.

YOU MEAN THIS AWANA NEIGHBOR .     One of the main ones  sat under RICK WARREN .  RICK WARREN .

WHEN I asked you for help in finding a church ,  YOU offered JOHN PIPER .       Neighbor you better learn how to discern and fast .

FAST .    Thankfully I have FOUND a church .    and it wont be a supporting THIS .     I found this in no time flat .   

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

29 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

And those who refuse to name the names of the false ones ,  WILL be held accountable .    Again  ,  what on earth is awana.

PS ,  rejoice neighbor ,    I FINALLY FOUND A WONDERFUL CHURCH.     SO ,  what is AWANA.  

Here ya go. I first heard about AWANA while going to a Baptist church years and years ago. It used to be a good program from everything I heard back then, but have no personal experience with it in recent years.

Google is your friend (well, DuckDuckGo in this case): https://www.awana.org/about/

Edited by walla299