CWJ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks Gary! I think you hit the nail on the head. People who hurt so bad that they feel that they would rather not live , often have alot of turmoil in their life. And the loved ones left behind often suffer for many years afterward's as well. Some for a lifetime. There's often false feelings of guilt, or what if's, and blame. Its easy for someone on the outside to look in and be judgemental, and declare their fate. As for them, I agree with you 100%. :rofl:

God Bless you Bro!

Rick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

I was about 5 seconds away from committing suicide (self-murder).

I know fully well that even though I was saved when I was young, I would not be allowed to enter heaven if I had.

I know fully well that even though I was saved when I was young, I would not be allowed to enter heaven if I had.

" I know fully well that even though I was saved when I was young, I would not be allowed to enter heaven if I had."

I guess if you had, then it would mean that you were not saved when you were young then huh? :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Now Rick.......you know that is one of those

once saved then lost believers :read:

But....I never can get it....what was they saved from in the first place?

:read:

Now Rick.......you know that is one of those

once saved then lost believers :read:

But....I never can get it....what was they saved from in the first place?

:read:

I think their just saved until this or that happens, ...or...or....or.....something like that. :read: Least thats what I gather... :read:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

There is no way God will hold a person accountible for suicide if the person is very depressed and can't even think straight .

You realized you would have been lost if you commited that sin?

I wonder too if you were really born again?

Because you knew very well, you would have to answer the Lord the minute you died.

Angels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Sister T, I really enjoyed your posts, you made excellent points that made me think. I would like to say, though, that Scripture says adulters won't inherit Heaven either, but that doesn't mean that someone has no chance of Heaven if they ever commited adultery. I believe the verses you referenced are talking about the condition of the heart - continual, willful sin - not a one time act. If everyone had to live to the letter and mistakes weren't able to be rectified by atonement, none of us would have any hope of anything other then hell. I agree with Neb that your position seems legalistic. Also, wanted to tell you that I totally agree with your comments about message boards and opinions. Right on!

Personally, I don't believe suicide robs you of your salvation. Once you accept Christ, your sins are paid for and you have the gift of eternal life. That is not a license to go on being in the flesh, but there is nothing you can do to "lose" the gift. Will you account for it in Heaven? I have no idea. I thought there was a time in Heaven that we will be accountable for all of our sins of commission and omission, but maybe I got bad teaching on that one.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

" I know fully well that even though I was saved when I was young, I would not be allowed to enter heaven if I had."

I guess if you had, then it would mean that you were not saved when you were young then huh? :P

You once saved always saved will use any subject to promote your false doctrines.

I have attempted suicide, before I was saved, and because God knew the day and hour That I would meet Him personally he caused it to fail though my vehicle was so destroyed that no one would believe I was in it. The 2nd time I was going to take some one with me, but once again I was unsuccessful. After I got saved, was on my 8th marriage, with a step son with whom I had a very special connection that caused him to prefer me over mom which was the undoing of that marriage. She took Him and moved back east, and I never saw them again. I had failed seven marriages, and 6 of my own children, and had thought that because we were in church and I was saved that God had given me a chance to finally become a father. So when I came home to an empty House and my other vehicle gone, I felt that I was at last a total failure even in my Christianity. I grieved for I don't remember how long, and was so far down that I got out my shot gun put the barrell in my mouth and said I won't fail this time, but once again God intervened this time with a personal appearance, and simply said everything is going to be all right, and I was flooded with the peace that surpasses any attempt at explaination. I sat with the barrell in my mouth for quite awhile and satan almost had me convinced that it wasn't Jesus who had put in an appearance, and I had my toe on the trigger when I remembered the light that came in that room, and couldn't deny that it was Jesus, so the shot gun got put away, and I accepted the fact that it was going to be alright. To make a long story short, The Lord brought my two youngest of the 6 back into my life and I have had the pleasure of introducing them to The Lord. So the idea that a saved person can not committ suicide is totally false. I know that before they draw that last breath they will have a chance to repent because that is Bible doctrine, and if by their own freewill they choose to repent they will be saved.

" You once saved always saved will use any subject to promote your false doctrines. "

No one is promoting a doctrine here! Only Biblical truths! I suppose your post here is not you attempting to use any subject to promote your doctrine of devils??? From the saga you presented of your life, it would do you good to read your Bible more, and pay closer attention to the scriptures concerning marriage as well. What are you trying to do, break Elizabeth Taylor's record? ;) lol When someone comes in and starts up their posts with a personal attack on someone else without any scriptural evidence other than their life history, to substantiate a claim, It's a little hard to take. Especially from someone who is revealing their mental instability through the years as a substantiation that they are correct???. ;)

If you choose to live your life in bondage to a salvation that you can never attain through works, so be it! That is your choice, and a wrong one I might add. But to trample the Grace of God underfoot is a serious matter, and one He will deal with in due time. Not everyone here is a participant in your errant doctrinal theology, nor believes as you do!. And I for one, can do without your pushy, self righteousness, that is in contrast to God's Word, especially when you promote it to make attacks against others. If you have a salvation that requires you to keep it in your own strength, you have no salvation at all! Maybe thats why you struggle to see a Grace that is sufficient to save to the uttermost, ALL, that come to God through Jesus Christ. I personally, will hold to the Spirit of God who bares witness with my spirit that I am His! Not to the claims of someone who professes a self righteousness that brings salvation, against the Word of God.

Rick

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I agree Rick,

We can't belittle Jesus for what He did on the cross. He finished it, He died for us one so He could buy us back into His family.

He will not accept us as His son/daughter and the next minute tell us, I don't want you in my family anymore if you don't live up with my standards.

If your child does something wrong, you punish your child. That is what God will do if we sin without repenting. But He will never disown and own and disown and own us again how often will He drop us because we sin every day?

He died one and for all! :laugh:

And it is by grace we are saved, not buy anything we can do or add......

Angels :o