• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I hope it is not new. At least the message ALL OF US have been given in Scripture is not new. 

You say it is not your message, so why are you continuing to pawn it off as if it is? We all have Scripture and hopefully have been born again. I always thought this forum is for dialoguing, not standing on a soapbox pedagogying. 

pedagogying/       On this note ,  I do gotta ask,  is that a combo or words or a real word and if so ,   look at how many syllables it has and try and remember ,

frienduff is reading this ,   shorter words , less syllables .    

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I hope it is not new. At least the message ALL OF US have been given in Scripture is not new. 

You say it is not your message, so why are you continuing to pawn it off as if it is? We all have Scripture and hopefully have been born again. I always thought this forum is for dialoguing, not standing on a soapbox pedagogying. 

This forum is for Christians to share as they feel led. I am sorry you feel my sharings  as ‘pedagogying’. I am not sure what that is but I have a sneaking hunch is is not good. :)

Beother, if you find my posts irritating, why not simply ignore them? But if you choose to continue as you have been, I will do my best to answer your honest concerns. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

49 minutes ago, Gideon said:

If you are ready, and tired of failure and fully realizing that no matter how hard you try to be holy and to resist sin’s power, NOW! :)

Gids

Are we talking about Christian s who already received a new Spirit from God?When will they reach what you are talking about?What more can God do then what He did already?

Please give me an example,what should I do to walk closer with God and to live holier?

I'm thankful for who I am in Christ,a sinner saved by grace!

41 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Reckon him as DEAD

The old man is to be dead .     But why don't you explain what you mean by RECKON him DEAD . 

Sure, Frienduff. The word “Reckon” is a banking term. It is a sort of setting the books right. Here is a fictitious situation that will hopefully help illustrate. 

Suppose I gave you a check for $1,000.00. You knew me to not only be a man of my word but also a man of means (told you it was fictitious). You rejoiced greatly, for you knew the check was backed by funds and that you were a thousand dollars richer. 

Do you go out and start spending it? Better not, not until you deposit it in your account.But once you do, even though you do not physically possess the bank notes, you “know” the money is indeed yours. You have reckoned it so. 

In the same way, although we are told we can KNOW that the old us died when Christ died, and when Christ rose from the dead, so DID we, we still have no confidence to resist the devil with those truths until they become OUR truths. 

Reckoning that we are dead to sin and self-rule is appropriating by faith those truths and personalizing them. They are no longer just theoretical, nor are they simply how God now sees us,  nor are they generally true for all believers. They are totally, in this life true fro us right now. 

When we finally step out of the boat and believe our God and accept the new nature He has given us, a nature that will take the way of escape in every temptation, the nature that can and will be caused to obey our Heavenly Father in all things, the scales come off our eyes and we finally begin to see with eyes of eternity. His will for us becomes not something we fear, but something we rejoice in! 

But until we step out and believe it is ours, now, today, this very minute, we will remain in the wilderness of unbelief.

Blessings,

Gideon 

15 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Are we talking about Christian s who already received a new Spirit from God?When will they reach what you are talking about?What more can God do then what He did already?

Please give me an example,what should I do to walk closer with God and to live holier?

I'm thankful for who I am in Christ,a sinner saved by grace!

Would you like to be a former sinner, who has been both saved by grace and delivered by grace to walk in the victory over the world, the flesh and the devil? Being filled with the Spirit is awesome, but..... we leak. LOL.

What I am sharing is closing the door behind us, so to speak, so that Satan cannot steal our victory away. If our testimony about ourselves does not match His about us, it may seem humble to refer to ourselves as just sinners saved by grace, but trust me, it is far, far MORE humbling to believe that God promises to actually keep me from falling, even though I have a fleshly body that needs to be kept under. 

Our testimony, once it aligns with God’s words about us, allows us to finally abide in Him, for how can two walk together, unless they be agreed?  It is our unbelief in His delivering and keeping power that has caused us to leak. When Satan comes tempting, we agree with him. “Yes, I am crummy, as you accuse.” And I will be.  Yes, lust still causes me to fall” And I do. 

But what happens when Satan comes calling and we resist him steadfast in the faith as to who we now are? We come back at his accusations or temptations with “Yes, that WAS me, but that is me no longer. I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ now liveth in me”. God’s amazing promises now become our weapons of war, a war we are destined to WIN.  Our shield of faith does what it was designed to do, to keep us safe. Our sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, keeps Stan on the ropes with our “It is written”. 

My words are inadequate to convey the power locked in this truth. I need you Lord to reveal it. Open ears, Lord. Open eyes. Waken your beloved, Lord, to who You are  in them

blessings, 

Gids

18 hours ago, naominash said:

I understand. 

You can be free but still act as if you are enslaved.

It's using our faith to believe that we are free from the law of sin and death that gives us increasing victory over sin and the fruit of righteousness.

Specifically because our sinful nature's were crucified with Christ on the cross. (I've been praying through Romans 7-9).

Now, I see a lot of churches doing a lot of good things. They want to be gospel-centered, have biblically sound preaching, and be in community with one another. That's the kind of church I attend now. 

But you, and only a few others I've heard and listened to emphasize what I will call the 'in-Christ' identity. 

Another pastor said if we are in Christ, we must believe that the real us are the ones that do not sin, not the ones that do sin. (If that makes sense).

However, I think as Christians grow in the desire to please the Lord, they will get confronted for the need for an in-Christ identity mindset and grow into maturity.

Edit: in other words, we believers are saints, not simply sinners saved by grace.

Amen to that. More and more pastors and lay people will awaken to who we truly are and the great advantage we have given Satan by not believing. Paul said it Best when he said “Nothing profits but a new creature”. When we finally get that, everything changes. Everything. Talk about holiness is no longer srpcary or unattainable. If Christ is  now our life, and He is holy, and it is no more us that live but Him IN US, which is the new man, walking holy before Him all the days of our lives is now not just a nice saying, nor unattainable, and not just a goal to shoot for. It is real and it is our birthright, and it is God’s responsibility to bring that about IN US.

My job is to believe Him as I arm myself with the truth of what Jesus actually accomplished on the cross.... AND with His resurrection.. Yes, He brought me forgiveness and praise God or that. But He also brought me so much more..... a brand new nature, an obedient one.

Blessings, sister.

Gids

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It means teaching by lecturing instead of discussion. You may prefer a blog.

It seems I discuss plenty, lol. Blogging is a good idea however. I may try that out as well. Thanks. 

Me

Guest Butero
15 hours ago, Gideon said:

This is a fair question, and I have no problem answering it. There are two things that must happen. Hearts must be softened and if needed, broken, before victory can be put on. Think of it as the plow breaking up the fallow ground, ready for the precious seed to be planted and to sprout to new life. I can certainly point out the great need for this breaking, but it will be the Spirit Himself who brings each one of us to the point we see our great need. 

But what else needs to happen? Sleeping saints need to understand the HOW of holiness.... the putting off of the old nature and the putting on of the new. How can they believe unless they hear the truth and how will they hear the truth unless someone shares it with them? 

Please do not mosunderstand me here. I have no illusions of grandeur here. Yes, I have been given a message and I have and will continue to share it, in hopes that some seed will hit ground properly prepared ground. But I have shared this exact message with no ‘evolving’ for over eleven years now, and it was only on the last four months that the Lord has made fit to meet others with pretty much the same message I share. They did not learn it from me. They did not learn it from another man, God opened their eyes just as He did mine.

Brother, what I see happening is a wildfire type scenario. Once the message is embraced, and the old man reckoned to be dead, for indeed he is, everything changes. The doctrines stay the same, but they are like the skeleton holding up our body. They themselves are not life. It will be like a forest fire stoked by the wind. Hundreds... thousands of small burning embers will be cast out into the world and each one will set others ablaze, which in turn will set others. I am just one burning ember, there is a whole church to awaken . I will simply try to do my part the best I can, whatever God may have for me.

I may be wrong but I do not see the church.... and here I speak of the organized Church..... meeting this with much enthusiasm. I pray I am wrong. But I do see multitudes of strugglers, some in church, some having left church, and some far outside the bounds of church, those who know they need a miracle to walk in the freedom that God promises us, finding, and walking in that freedom. That may be what it takes to convince the naysayers. That is my prayer. 

I hope this helps in some way. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

Let me see if I can get this straight.  What you are trying to get us to do is believe that God gives us the power to live right, and that we no longer have a sin nature once we are born again.  Once we get that in our spirit, it will become a reality.  Is that correct?  

If it is, then the confusion comes from looking ahead to some future move of God.  That is why I am still confused by your message.  If your message is to believe and receive, I can understand that, and I can understand the urgency.  If it is just to wait on God to move, we are doing that already.  Do you understand my confusion?  

2 minutes ago, Butero said:

Let me see if I can get this straight.  What you are trying to get us to do is believe that God gives us the power to live right, and that we no longer have a sin nature once we are born again.  Once we get that in our spirit, it will become a reality.  Is that correct?  

If it is, then the confusion comes from looking ahead to some future move of God.  That is why I am still confused by your message.  If your message is to believe and receive, I can understand that, and I can understand the urgency.  If it is just to wait on God to move, we are doing that already.  Do you understand my confusion?  

You are spot on. As to the future event, it is only future for those who have not yet seen the truth and embraced it. For those who have heard the good news, and put on the Lord as their armor, it is not a future event at all, but a present one, for faith is ALWAYS now faith. :)

blessings, 

me

Guest Butero
5 minutes ago, Gideon said:

You are spot on. As to the future event, it is only future for those who have not yet seen the truth and embraced it. For those who have heard the good news, and put on the Lord as their armor, it is not a future event at all, but a present one, for faith is ALWAYS now faith. :)

blessings, 

me

Thanks for clearing that up.  When I said we are waiting, that was poorly stated.  I meant we are going about our day to day lives doing what we know to do.