LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry. I get in such moods sometimes. Perhaps I should chill for a bit. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Sorry. I get in such moods sometimes. Perhaps I should chill for a bit. 

Glad to "see" you!

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,589
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Justin Adams said:

And then there was this group. We all tiptoed around them since they were the self-styled-remnant, the ones that knew it all and who were the glorious defenders of the faith. (God Yawned). 

On meeting us at the Pearly Gates, St. Peter bade us to be quiet.
He beckoned to us to follow silently pointing at one particular room.
He said, "Shhh!! They think they are the only ones here!"

Oh those Baptists, they know there are others, really they do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Butero
16 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I don't know? Been thinking about it. This sit just dose not seem to be a good fit for me anymore. It seems I am on the opposite side of most topics here. Yes I know you all say "everyone has a right to speak their view". But It just gets hard when you feel like no one else sees things your way. So.....I will be thinking about this. Yep.  

If WCF is causing you nothing but anxiety, perhaps that would be best.  At the same time, you do have a right to your opinion, so you shouldn't let others run you out.  You need to do what is best for you either way.  

In some ways, you are taking conservative positions and at other times very liberal positions.  A person like that will have trouble finding any place they completely fit in.  If you go to the ultra liberal places, you won't be fully comfortable, and at the conservative place, you won't fit in.  Is there a place for moderates where there is no strife?  I honestly don't know.  

15 hours ago, Not me said:

Which is very strange, for Christ should be all believers “common ground”. 

It is self or humanity getting in the way, that causes division. 

Much love in Christ, Not me  

Hmm, are not divisions caused by God?

Seems to me there has been division  from even before God's just wrath upon His fallen creation, starting with  Lucifer and many angels with Him leading to the first Adam, and Cain and many to follow. There has been division among the old testament saints as they were awarded territories and cattle. There was division among the Apostles and first disciples of Christ Jesus.  Even the early church  had differing issues that brought about divisions and distinctions between the regions where saints gathered. Paul had differences with churches and wrote to address them, and sent out elders to  correct, and even dismiss some other elders.

Jesus at his incarnation and two year ministry did not come to unite, but to divide brother against brother father against son. He will come again obviously and will gather up His own that have been foreknown, predestined, and given to Him by God the Father, His Father. And He will not lose a one given to Him. Now will all the sheep be olderly in file single file equally sanctified and then equally blessed even at the Bema judgement? If not if some will finish the race but without merit might it be that all will not have agreed, and all will not have served equally well as saints in Christ though equally saved to reside eternally in a perfected spiritual body?

Personally I cannot hope that all be a kind of deCafe coffee with but one flavor. I think there will always be expresso, a robust energy and enthusiasm, that will make for unique character among the saints of my Lord Jesus.

Even in singing a new song I bet there will be altos, bass, and even sapranos. Perhaps there will  even greater ranges on new scales so that eternity forward may have some grand spice and excitement even in song. Otherwise oh my, quaker meetng has begun no more laughing, no more fun, zombie meditation till when? When the quaking begins?

I do have personal hope that eternity forward with saints under my Lord will too have it's spice and excitement, and that there will be recognizable personality features among us that get expressed. 

In the meantime a few enthusiastic and lively conversations that evoke some emoton are to me good practice, an encouragement to dig into the word of God, and more encouragement to live the word, as best or at least better than yesterday,  today.

Might I add that for my own consideration at least that I find all of the Bible, all of the reveal, to be the reveal of Christ, and the awesome just power and mercy of God reconciled as known from before the beginning, that plays out that many may be saved to be with Christ Jesus  the Holy Spirit and God the Father for eternity forward. It is a bit of a strong mystery to me how from my perspective that allows me to have  a sense of choice, but is in fact predestined- but I accept it as best I can.

For it seems to me God is fully in charge,  fully sovereign, over all matters, and has total control over what seems chaotic in the mixing and the making of eternity to come. In the end result is what I trust, for my trust is in Jesus who has made it all.

Edited by Neighbor
made punctuation changes
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,192
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hmm, are not divisions caused by God?

Seems to me there has been division  from even before God's just wrath upon His fallen creation, starting with  Lucifer and many angels with Him leading to the first Adam, and Cain and many to follow. There has been division among the old testament saints as they were awarded territories and cattle. There was division among the Apostles and first disciples of Christ Jesus.  Even the early church  had differing issues that brought about divisions and distinctions between the regions where saints gathered. Paul had differences with churches and wrote to address them, and sent out elders to  correct, and even dismiss some other elders.

Jesus at his incarnation and two year ministry did not come to unite, but to divide brother against brother father against son. He will come again obviously and will gather up His own that have been foreknown, predestined, and given to Him by God the Father, His Father. And He will not lose a one given to Him. Now will all the sheep be olderly in file single file equally sanctified and then equally blessed even at the Bema judgement? If not if some will finish the race but without merit might it be that all will not have agreed, and all will not have served equally well as saints in Christ though equally saved to reside eternally in a perfected spiritual body?

Personally I cannot hope that all be a kind of deCafe coffee with but one flavor. I think there will always be expresso, a robust energy and enthusiasm, that will make for unique character among the saints of my Lord Jesus.

Even in singing a new song I bet there will be altos, bass, and even sapranos. Perhaps there will  even greater ranges on new scales so that eternity forward may have some grand spice and excitement even in song. Otherwise oh my, quaker meetng has begun no more laughing, no more fun, zombie meditation till when? When the quaking begins?

I do have personal hope that eternity forward with saints under my Lord will too have it's spice and excitement, and that there will be recognizable personality features among us that get expressed. 

In the meantime a few enthusiastic and lively conversations that evoke some emoton are to me good practice, an encouragement to dig into the word of God, and more encouragement to live the word, as best or at least better than yesterday,  today.

Might I add that for my own consideration at least that I find all of the Bible, all of the reveal, to be the reveal of Christ, and the awesome just power and mercy of God reconciled as known from before the beginning, that plays out that many may be saved to be with Christ Jesus  the Holy Spirit and God the Father for eternity forward. It is a bit of a strong mystery to me how from my perspective that allows me to have  a sense of choice, but is in fact predestined- but I accept it as best I can.

For it seems to me God is fully in charge,  fully sovereign, over all matters, and has total control over what seems chaotic in the mixing and the making of eternity to come. In the end result is what I trust, for my trust is in Jesus who has made it all.

You are blaming God for the divisions that sin has caused in the creation as your first point. 

Than because there has always been divisions and still are  in this fallen world, that they are good and that they are of God 

Scripture says we are exhorted to unity and not to divisions. But you insist divisions are what you enjoy and what works for you. It is this that the scripture;

Jude 1:19 (NASB)
These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit.

calls being “devoid of the Spirit and are worldly minded ” and that which does push people away from Christ.  For the Spirit of Christ in  the believers can sense a divisive spirit and will run from it as something not from God. 

1 Corinthians 1:10 (NASB)
Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.

And again; 

1 Corinthians 11:18 (NASB)
For, in the first place, when you come together as a church, I hear that divisions exist among you; and in part I believe it.

So it would be, we are not called to divisions.

But  you are welcome to maintain your divisions and your divisive attitude (self or human or worldly)  if you so choose, and push people away from Christ.

Than you conflate differences with divisions. Still looking and trying to justify your thinking and cause more divisions. 

But than once again; 

“you will know them by their fruits.”

2 hours ago, Not me said:

You are blaming God for the divisions that sin has caused in the creation as your first point. 

Than because there has always been divisions and still are  in this fallen world, that they are good and that they are of God 

Scripture says we are exhorted to unity and not to divisions. But you insist divisions are what you enjoy and what works for you. It is this that scripture;

Jude 1:19 (NASB)
These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit.

calls being “devoid of the Spirit and are worldly minded ” and that which does push people away from Christ.  For the Spirit of Christ in  the believers can sense a divisive spirit and will run from it as something not from God. 

1 Corinthians 1:10 (NASB)
Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.

And again; 

1 Corinthians 11:18 (NASB)
For, in the first place, when you come together as a church, I hear that divisions exist among you; and in part I believe it.

So it would be, we are not called to divisions.

But  you are welcome to maintain your divisions and your divisive attitude (self or human or worldly)  if you so choose, and push people away from Christ.

Than you conflate differences with divisions. Still looking and trying to justify your thinking and cause more divisions. 

But than once again; 

“you will know them by their fruits.”

May I offer for consideration the following? Thanks, I will: " 

Not Peace, but Division

“I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled!  I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished!  Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.  For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three.  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Interpreting the Time

He also said to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, you say at once, ‘A shower is coming.’ And so it happens. And when you see the south wind blowing, you say, ‘There will be scorching heat,’ and it happens.  You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of earth and sky, but why do you not know how to interpret the present time?

Settle with Your Accuser

“And why do you not judge for yourselves what is right?  As you go with your accuser before the magistrate, make an effort to settle with him on the way, lest he drag you to the judge, and the judge hand you over to the officer, and the officer put you in prison.  I tell you, you will never get out until you have paid the very last penny.”

-------

May I repeat for emphasis?

Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.  For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three.  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

4 hours ago, Butero said:

If WCF is causing you nothing but anxiety, perhaps that would be best.  At the same time, you do have a right to your opinion, so you shouldn't let others run you out.  You need to do what is best for you either way.  

In some ways, you are taking conservative positions and at other times very liberal positions.  A person like that will have trouble finding any place they completely fit in.  If you go to the ultra liberal places, you won't be fully comfortable, and at the conservative place, you won't fit in.  Is there a place for moderates where there is no strife?  I honestly don't know.  

Interesting, trying to be a “peacemaker” blessed are you Butero for the effort. May God richly reward your effort. 

Much love in Christ, Not me. 

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

May I offer for consideration the following? Thanks, I will: " 

Not Peace, but Division

“I came to cast fire on the earth, and would that it were already kindled!  I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished!  Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.  For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three.  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Interpreting the Time

He also said to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, you say at once, ‘A shower is coming.’ And so it happens. And when you see the south wind blowing, you say, ‘There will be scorching heat,’ and it happens.  You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of earth and sky, but why do you not know how to interpret the present time?

Settle with Your Accuser

“And why do you not judge for yourselves what is right?  As you go with your accuser before the magistrate, make an effort to settle with him on the way, lest he drag you to the judge, and the judge hand you over to the officer, and the officer put you in prison.  I tell you, you will never get out until you have paid the very last penny.”

-------

May I repeat for emphasis?

Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.  For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three.  They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

The divisions you have presented are between the world and Christ. In the body of Christ there are not suppose to be any divisions. It is most curious you do not see this. 

much love in Christ, Not me

38 minutes ago, Not me said:

The divisions you have presented are between the world and Christ. In the body of Christ there are not suppose to be any divisions. It’s most curious you do not see this. 

much love in Christ, Not me

Perhaps Paul was just as blinded as I ( pun for free) for he eventually sent many including Timothy into division, he made division,  reconciled with at least two that were in great  division against him at one point. To my lmited knowledge that was real division among the saints. See a nice essay on the subject of Paul and Barnabus at https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/813-separation-of-paul-and-barnabas-the

But in the meantime please pardon me if I fail to understand, for I am still having great chuckling fits at an initial railing against me in the name of unity. Seems to me railing posts against me personally are the proof in the pudding so to speak. But that is okay, I find it profound evidence that perhaps I was more right than I ever had reason to believe until now. I have been thus given  new perspective on a signature that says; "much love in Christ, not me". LOL, chuckles still coming, and so much appreciation is given from here. Thanks for the encouragement to read some exposition and the Bible accounts of Paul and his administive problems with others in the fold of our Lord Jesus.

Iron sharpens iron, discourse and even discord are well known to God and used of God , even that which is intended for evil is turned to good use for those that believe on Jesus as Lord, God, and personal savior.  Maranatha, and amen.