• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

46 minutes ago, angels4u said:

You're so right,and at the moment there are so many people battling with depression..

And so many taking their lives when they could have gotten help. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

And so many taking their lives when they could have gotten help. 

These last years were very bad,more deaths then covid...

So many people feel so hopeloss and don't know where to turn,really if you're not born again ,how would we feel when see this confused world with corruptes leaders commanding us what we can and cannot do ..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

9 minutes ago, Leonardo Von said:

I agree, 

Yes an no ,most likeley  it's  an umbalance of chemicals in the brain,all cause by the fall,someday we will be free of all sicknesses,we should ask for help if we get to the point where a person might hurt themself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

3 minutes ago, angels4u said:

These last years were very bad,more deaths then covid...

So many people feel so hopeloss and don't know where to turn,really if you're not born again ,how would we feel when see this confused world with corruptes leaders commanding us what we can and cannot do ..

Many who commit suicide have no hope. They do not have Jesus Christ. Perhaps their are Christians who have committed suicide as well but with God's grace and mercy we put these people in His hands. 

• Loved it! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,271
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

If I become depressed it is usually because I have neglected God.  Speaking Gods word out loud, prayer, studying the word, especially who I am in Christ and Gods attributes will pull me out of the pit.  I know that some people have the imbalance of chemicals in the brain but doctors are so quick to prescribe antidepressants.  I had a temporary sleep problem for awhile and a doctor wanted me to take antidepressants which was totally unnecessary.  The doctor got mad at me when I refused and basically told me I was on my own.  For chronic problems there are other options.  Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is one.  I never tried it but I was never given the option and had to read up on it on my own.  Meditation on the word of God, there are lots of Christian meditation on the internet.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Abba-Yah heals all things. Praaaaaaise HIM!

For quite a bit after my retirement from the Army, I was depressed and suffered from untreated PTSD. After I lost my house due to a disaster (and unpaid insurance claim) I was somewhat suicidal. In the midst of being wrongly diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis by the Veterans Administration Hospital, I was just about to end it all. Then as a cherry on top, the best car I ever had was totaled by a woman in a BMW talking on her cell phone.

Many times I spitefully yelled at God and ignorantly told Him that the only way I would worship Him was if something really, really good happened to me.

After a bad morning at work, I got suspended for 2 weeks. Then while sitting at home sulking I got a phone call. News of one of the worst things that could happen...happened. My Mother died. I fell to my knees and the first thing out of my mouth was, "God, you used one of the worst things possible to bring me back to you, didn't you?" I recited the Salvation Prayer.

As sad as it was, my Mother's passing was a blessing in disguise. She suffered a lot. She had both legs amputated due to diabetes. She also dealt with other health problems never disclosed to anyone. My Mom's passing also allowed me to deal with a lot of family issues I could not before due to her health concerns.

After coming back home from burying my Mother, I began to actively seek God. I know He helped me through it all. And next I had to face one of the most painful circumstances of my life. I resolved to deal with an older half brother who molested me and abused me on a daily basis. I got him out of my life for good in no uncertain terms. We no longer have any ties now that our Mother had passed. My Wife helped me along and supported me through it all. A few weeks later, I also found out that I HAD been misdiagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis by the Veterans Administration Hospital. Since then it seemed as if a flood gate of blessings had opened and began to flow over me after that.

With the help of God, I somehow dealt with the anger I had concerning my childhood, my deployment and my last 3 years in the Army. Throughout this time, I refused medications, with faith that God would heal me. And He has. I still have days I am saddened, but now by the things I know are about to happen. I also know the eventual outcome will be God's glory and I think of my commitment to God now. There are things I know He has for me.

And as Paul said, "I press on"

Edited by Bawb
  • Praying! 1
  • Praise God! 1

@Bawb First of all, thank you for your service to a grateful country.  I will pray for you in the coming year that it will be better than 2020-2021.  God be with you in 2022 and perfect His strength through you.  God bless you.

:heart: SObG

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Depression is recognized as a legitimate medical condition by the medical and psychological communities, and it often requires professional medical and mental health interventions for proper diagnosis and treatment. It is important to approach depression with a holistic perspective that considers all aspects of a person's well-being, including their physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health. 

It's important to acknowledge that mental health issues, such as depression, are complex and can have various causes. It's not always easy to determine if what you're experiencing is depression or not. Once depression took control over your life, thoughts, mind, and feelings you should consider talking to a qualified mental health professional from https://www.riviamind.com/, such as a therapist or counselor, who can provide you with support, and guidance, and help you navigate your emotions.

However, for individuals who have a strong spiritual or religious belief system, their faith, and spirituality can play a role in their coping strategies and support system in dealing with depression. Some people may find comfort, solace, and strength in their faith during difficult times, and may choose to incorporate spiritual practices as part of their overall treatment plan for depression.

It's also important to note that while spirituality and faith can be valuable resources for many individuals, it's not a substitute for professional medical or mental health care. It's essential to seek appropriate professional help if you suspect that you or someone you know may be experiencing depression or any other mental health condition.

Edited by Gavra Meads
  • Loved it! 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

medication and praise music