• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Willie T said:

I have told you that you will never change anyone by slamming them.  Yet, you all seem to want to continue to keep on doing that...... almost proud that they don't want to hear you running them down.  I am beginning to think it really might be your secret hope that they will bust Hell wide open.  "Serves them right for not listening to our Holy ranting!!!"

Actually, I don’t desire that anyone would go to Hell. It’s strange that you would think that, especially of believers who are trying to warn others about false and deceiving doctrines and practices. Have you forgotten that we’re in a spiritual battle and that the enemy is very real and seeks to destroy?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

I offer you an opportunity to actually help in this situation, Cobalt.  Open up a dialog with Bill Johnson so that he will feel you are a person he wants to talk with.  Can you do it?

11 minutes ago, Willie T said:

I offer you an opportunity to actually help in this situation, Cobalt.  Open up a dialog with Bill Johnson so that he will feel you are a person he wants to talk with.  Can you do it?

He won't reply. And even if he did once or twice, you have already said it will take "many hours" of conversation to make a difference. Who here is going to get such an opportunity with a celebrity pastor like Bill Johnson? Also, you presume he hasn't heard these Biblical objections to his teachings before; that is most certainly false. He has been doing this for many many years.

Meanwhile, Bethel has influenced thousands, and thanks to their "Supernatural School of Ministry" and their band "Jesus Culture", they are having a profound effect on the youth. (And this impact is spreading) Why should we stay silent? How can we say we truly love people if we don't warn them?

Edited by Acadia
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Acadia said:

He won't reply. And even if he did once or twice, you have already said it will take "many hours" of conversation to make a difference. Who here is going to get such an opportunity with a celebrity pastor like Bill Johnson? Also, you presume he hasn't heard these Biblical objections to his teachings before; that is most certainly false. He has been doing this for many many years.

Meanwhile, Bethel has influenced thousands, and thanks to their "Supernatural School of Ministry" and their band "Jesus Culture", they are having a profound effect on the youth. (And this impact is spreading) Why should we stay silent? How can we say we truly love people if we don't warn them?

But, you aren't warning anyone.  You are sitting on a rather single-minded forum, preaching to the choir.... the members of which are all already singing the same song you're singing.

Edited by Willie T

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 7/17/2018 at 12:43 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

Here is a quote from his book "The Supernatural Power of a Renewed Mind," where he talks about repentance:

“Renewing the mind begins with repentance. That is the gateway to return to our original assignment on earth. Jesus said, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand”. To many Christians, repentance refers to having an altar call where people come forward and weep at the altar and get right with God. That is a legitimate expression of repentance, but it’s not what the word repentance means.. “Re” means to go back. “Pent” is like the penthouse, the top floor of a building. Repent, then, means to go back to God’s perspective on reality. And in that perspective there is a renewal, a reformation that affects our intellect, our emotions, and every part of our lives.”

I vaguely remember Latin from 60 years ago.  Re mean again or back,  Dictionary: from Latin re-, red- ‘again, back’.   .Pendo means to hang or swing like a pendulum or pendant.  Pent is a declination of the verb.

Penthouse :  dictionary=== Middle English pentis (in penthouse (sense 2) ), shortening of Old French apentis, based on late Latin appendicium ‘appendage’, from Latin appendere ‘hang on’. The change of form in the 16th century was by association with French pente ‘slope’ and house.

The penthouse has nothing to do with repent and the guy can't even read a dictionary correctly.

It sound like more of the post modern church garbage that likes to pick and choose what is true out of the Bible as well.  They are part of the crowd that chases religious experiences  apart from the Bible.  The apostate church.

My friend also communicates with her dead parents and prays to them.  She says she talks to God throughout the day and He talks to her.  But a double minded person gets nothing from God, so I don't know who is speaking to her.  When she had nightmares I suggested that she call upon God for help and deliverance from them.  So when she had one she prayed first to her "Mommy", but then she prayed to god!  She is also very upset with me because she says her religion works for her and she wants me to respect it.  She has been a close friend since the 7th grade, but she is so blind.  She even mixes in a little Hindu, believing in reincarnation of some kind, and that even insects have souls and spirits.   She also is very much into Karate religion and puts herself into a trance when preparing for it.  She cannot utter "Jesus is Lord", saying it is too hard!  It all just makes me nauseous.  

1 hour ago, Willie T said:

But, you aren't warning anyone.  You are sitting on a rather single-minded forum, preaching to the choir.... the members of which are all already singing the same song you're singing.

You have no idea who may or may not read this thread or others like it. Bethel’s reach is indeed broad and its growing. And just because you don’t believe it’s loving to warn of deception doesn’t mean it isn’t. Scripture is clear. Actually, massive deception is one of the key characteristics written about in regard to the “last days.”

I for one am immensely encouraged that a significant number of my brothers and sisters in Christ are “earnestly contending for the faith once delivered to the saints.”

Dismiss that all you like. I won’t.

Edited by Acadia
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

When someone starts leading people away from Christ through error, they cease to be nice people or Christians in the biblical sense. New age teachings do NOT lead people to Christ... but away from him. A truly nice person or friend, is one that looks out for the well being of others. Teaching others to engage in such practices of error or belief's is not looking out for the best interest of others. It undermines the work of Jesus and detracts from God's glory through his son. When one puts his/her faith in doctrines of error and teaches others to do the same, they become enemies of the cross.

A true Christian will gladly except correction, chastisement, or criticism when he or she is wrong and then will gladly turn from the wrong. Such person's do NOT need hours of rational talking and coddling and convincing. The one that insists on following error and teaching it, will not except any form of correction, no matter how rational the discussion is for their hearts are not right in this matter. Scripture tells us to test every teaching to see where it is coming from, for not all teachings are from God. Satan knows scripture and twists it to suit his agenda. He also pretends to be a friend or a nice person. Separation from those who teach error as well as pointing out who they are so that others are not led into the same errors is necessary and the Godly thing to do. New age teachings is NOT a minor doctrinal difference but a very serious and deadly error.

When a person engages in trying to obtain supernatural abilities from a dead person that person most certainly is engaging in demon worship. God's word never tells us to seek supernatural power. It dishonors God when we call unrighteousness good (Isaiah 5:20).

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

You know that isn't going to happen; "celebrity pastors" don't talk to regular people.

Well, if you feel that way about this forum, no one is holding the proverbial "gun" to your head, now are we?

As to the matter at hand: all I have seen you do in this topic is chastise folks for wanting to warn others, while refusing to call sin what it is. It is the same tack that you followed in the "shack" topic, where you became rather upset when confronted in the same manner over unbiblical issues.

GOD DOESN'T PLAY GAMES, ESPECIALLY WITH THE OCCULT. THERE ARE REASONS HE WARNS US TO STAY AWAY FROM IT, AND THIS PRACTICE REEKS OF THE OCCULT!!!

If you're not going to speak out against sin and place the Bible above all other human practices and rituals, then what are you doing here?!

Do you speak out against our enemy, sin, or against the people caught in it?

I think this whole thread is what was spoken of in the Bible about rescuing people... even at the risk of getting burned yourself.  And there is no one here who is caught in that Bethel stuff.  No one need fear ever being burned because of "warning" anyone here.

6 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

I speak out against sin and confront those who commit it, praying they will repent.

Speaking of which: I read every post of yours going back to the beginning in this thread. Just like the Shack thread, you ignore biblical advice and twist Scripture in support of false teachers. So yeah; you have a whole truckload of "oy vey's" that just got unloaded, because just about everything  you have said in this thread is so utterly and completely wrong.

All those "Oy Veys", yet not one "Praying for You"?

Edited by Willie T