• Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

President Trump - yes

Pastor Trump - no

unfortunately too many Christians expect the latter of him.

Should a President have less qualification than a Pastor? I believe he or she needs have higher not lesser. The qualifications should include those one will insist on in a Pastor/Elder. If I wouldn't vote for  a person to be pastor, does it make sense that I should vote for their power over my present life as leader under God of the country I live at and am a citizen of by the  lead and sovereignty of God?

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952

I think I should be able to say of a candidate; well He could  easily become  my pastor, but he needs even more qualification than he has, to be my President.

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

The duties of a President is much different than a Pastor and so are the qualifications. Your expectations may be the same...mine aren’t.

(Reread your first sentence, you may want to correct it.)

Hi yes I saw that and did change it. Thanks. The office of President  of the USA is the highest office of leadership under God. With that  I think that office should come with  minimum standards  higher than that for a pastor. 

Edited by Neighbor

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi yes I saw that and did change it. Thanks. The office of President  of the USA is the highest office of leadership under God. With that  I think that office should come with  minimum standards  higher than that for a pastor. 

At a minimum the following should not be too high a standard:

must be above reproach

the husband of one wife

sober-minded

self-controlled

respectable

hospitable

able to teach

not a drunkard

not violent but gentle

not quarrelsome

not a lover of money

He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for a country the US? 

He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.

Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Neighbor said:
17 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

At a minimum the following should not be too high a standard:

must be above reproach

the husband of one wife

sober-minded

self-controlled

respectable

hospitable

able to teach

not a drunkard

not violent but gentle

not quarrelsome

not a lover of money

He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive,for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for a country the US? 

He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil.

Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

That's a neat list, Neighbor.  (I think I've seen it before)
As for myself, and anyone I know, though we may strive, we would not qualify for the presidency,  with that standard.
When I have a leaky faucet, I don't call a pastor, I call a good plumber. (A Christian if possible, mores the better)

11 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

That's a neat list, Neighbor.  (I think I've seen it before)
As for myself, and anyone I know, though we may strive, we would not qualify for the presidency,  with that standard.
When I have a leaky faucet, I don't call a pastor, I call a good plumber. (A Christian if possible, mores the better)

Well as for me I don't want the plumber from hell, I do want one with high qualifications. Not only do I want the leak fixed, I do not want my house cased and then robbed, nor my bank account plundered. (That list is  of course straight out of our mutual Bible.) The plumber need not be Christian, but he need have the same standards of integrity, and have respect for me his client a Christian. Same with  the president of the strongest military force on earth.

Edited by Neighbor

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

But the President is not necessarily a representative of the Gospel nor the Church, rather he is Commander in Chief of the armed forces and Chief Executive of the United States...another Kingdom.

John 18:36 NASB
[36] Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."

Appointed under God. It is very important to me whose authority I must be under, therefore I want th ehighes tof standard appllie dot my own government rulers.

Romans 13:1-7 English Standard Version (ESV)

Submission to the Authorities

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

Hi....Can I ask the ones living in America your thoughts on President Trump. When I listen to him I like his policies like, lower taxes, secure borders, better trade deals for Americans, reduce red tape for business, tough on crime, often brings the Bible and God into his speeches. He often says he wants to give the people back the control of Government.

Now I understand his past is not one to be admired, but what President hasn't had a chequered past. The other thing I like is the left hate him and that tells me he is doing something right.

He wants to M.A.G.A, however without his Maker on his side, the chances of doing so are limited. From what I can see unless America returns to the Bible, the redefinition of marriage is overturned, husbands return to their wives and children honour their parents, little will change, except maybe business and jobs will improve.

I am interested in your thoughts.

Before Trump, there were many discussions about which made a better president, an ex-governor or an ex-senator. People also discussed why attorneys made good or bad presidents.

Trump has been wildly successful if you ignore his rhetoric and forcus on what he has actually accomplished. I think one reason for that is that he was not an elected official in any way before he became president. This makes him, oddly, have more in common with the country's first presidents than any president in recent memory. It may be the secret to his success.

There is an old Vulcan phrase, "Only Nixon could go to china." In a similar way I'm seeing trump as the man for our time. We were in a serious mess and in the middle of a cold civil war. He's done a lot to bring this country back to the course that was originally set by our constitution. And this last supreme court choice is part of that path.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

President Trump - yes

Pastor Trump - no

unfortunately too many Christians expect the latter of him.

When one female trump supporter was asked by NPR why she was still voting for him after the "Grab 'em by the..." remark, her response was, "I'm voting for president, not husband."

I was actually amazed they let that hit the air.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Should a President have less qualification than a Pastor? I believe he or she needs have higher not lesser. The qualifications should include those one will insist on in a Pastor/Elder. If I wouldn't vote for  a person to be pastor, does it make sense that I should vote for their power over my present life as leader under God of the country I live at and am a citizen of by the  lead and sovereignty of God?

Think "Jimmy Carter".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1