• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

And so the brutal caesars were appointed under God (true), but I wouldn't want any of them as my pastor... that's my point.

And I don't think most pastors would make very good presidents. ;)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,573
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

51 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

Think "Jimmy Carter".

President Jimmy Carter the only Demoncrat I ever voted for save having voted for Alan Cranston instead of George Murphy at California so many decades ago. Hey a peanut farmer nuclear scientist seemed better than Nixon's appointed V.P.  Gerald Ford did at the time. It is always a matter of choices available. Can't vote for who isn't there running.

Can't hardly fault ol' Jimmy's publicizing Habitant For Humanity where the poor get involved themselves in helping to build their own place to live rather than just having a total handout given them. And hey, Rosland is a looker. Sorry about that sometimes my humor is, - well it is what it is.

Just now, Neighbor said:

President Jimmy Carter the only Demoncrat I ever voted for save having voted for Alan Cranston instead of George Murphy at California so many decades ago. Hey a peanut farmer nuclear scientist seemed better than Nixon's appointed V.P.  Gerald Ford did at the time. It is always a matter of choices available. Can't vote for who isn't there running.

Can't hardly fault ol' Jimmy's publicizing Habitant For Humanity where the poor get involved themselves in helping to build their own place to live rather than just having a total handout given them. And hey, Rosland is a looker. Sorry about that sometimes my humor is, - well it is what it is.

I've always voted republican except in 1972 I voted for Dixie Lee Ray for Gov of Washington state. The reason is simple: The party platforms. I can never vote for a democrat. That said, I left the republican party a little over ten years ago, but I still find myself voting Republican. Thing is, I've only voted FOR a presidential candidate once in my life. That was 1980. Every other time (including 1984) I voted against a candidate.

I was not a Christian when Carter ran, and I was shocked when I was at a church social event after I became a Christian and found out a lot of people there had voted for Carter. It was because even back then I considered Christians to be politically conservative and the Republicans to be the conservative party.

Then I remembered that Carter was the "Christian" candidate. ;)

47 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

And I don't think most pastors would make very good presidents. ;)

It is not that they be interchangeable anymore than a plumber and an electrician are. It is instead that they each have certain high standards that they must meet, just like licensed plumbers and electricians must.

While my plumber may indeed be foreknown to God I don't know that He is appointed as are the rulers of governments under God.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

Hi....Can I ask the ones living in America your thoughts on President Trump. When I listen to him I like his policies like, lower taxes, secure borders, better trade deals for Americans, reduce red tape for business, tough on crime, often brings the Bible and God into his speeches. He often says he wants to give the people back the control of Government.

Now I understand his past is not one to be admired, but what President hasn't had a chequered past. The other thing I like is the left hate him and that tells me he is doing something right.

He wants to M.A.G.A, however without his Maker on his side, the chances of doing so are limited. From what I can see unless America returns to the Bible, the redefinition of marriage is overturned, husbands return to their wives and children honour their parents, little will change, except maybe business and jobs will improve.

I am interested in your thoughts.

President Trump is not a saint, by any stretch of the imagination.   But neither have been many of the great people that many admire.   Martin Luther King Jr. was an adulterer.   Winston Churchill was a foul-mouthed, ill-tempered drunk/alcoholic.   

But Trump has a  lot going for him.  Trump isn't like his peers up there in the 1%.   Trump is actually very down to earth and appreciates the average working man.   He is unique.   Trump likes to rub shoulders with average people.   The elite, especially those in the Washington DC political beltway, don't really care for average Americans.   They  pretend to care about us during election season, but then treat  us like we are too stupid to run our own lives.   Trump is hated among the political and media elite precisely because he likes the average American and has a heart for the people of this country.   The voters love him and respond to that, even many of those on the Democrat side who still have their sanity and are not caught up in the far leftwing out-of-control rage machine, appreciate Trump wanting to help regular people and make the country better.  And they voted for him in 2016. 

And Trump's results are real and they are benefiting the average American and that really does run the elite the wrong way.   Trump has made the country stronger, safer, wealthier and more respected.   Trump is willing to talk tough to our allies and tell them to start pulling their own weight in NATO.   He sticks up for our country and our interests and doesn't stand on foreign soil and apologize for America being the great country that it is.   He is proud of America and wants to turn things around and bring us back to where we used to be before the Left decided to take leave of their senses.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

59 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

And hey, Rosland is a looker. Sorry about that sometimes my humor is, - well it is what it is.

Guess you won't be running for president, huh........................default_cool.png.86ca81bc1a6eb6dc009e112de7f1eb4e.png

2 hours ago, Still Alive said:

I've always voted republican except in 1972 I voted for Dixie Lee Ray for Gov of Washington state. The reason is simple: The party platforms. I can never vote for a democrat. That said, I left the republican party a little over ten years ago, but I still find myself voting Republican. Thing is, I've only voted FOR a presidential candidate once in my life. That was 1980. Every other time (including 1984) I voted against a candidate.

I was not a Christian when Carter ran, and I was shocked when I was at a church social event after I became a Christian and found out a lot of people there had voted for Carter. It was because even back then I considered Christians to be politically conservative and the Republicans to be the conservative party.

Then I remembered that Carter was the "Christian" candidate. ;)

I was not saved nor had any religious affiliation back when I voted for Carter. I just listened to his very early on speeches before his party's primaries and  found them to be  worth considering. Gerald Ford was everyone's quiet choice for appointment  as VP after the Agnew scandal and then president at Nixon's departure. I just never found that the successor to  the polices of wage and price control to be appealing at all. I had been betrayed by the Nixon era Republicans and especially by Nixon with his "secret plan" for peace at Vietnam. Regardless of it all God has  led me to my own salvation, the country it is still here, and God's plan for salvation is intact. How about that!

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Regardless of it all God has  led me to my own salvation, the country it is still here, and God's plan for salvation is intact. How about that!

Makes you wonder why Christians get wound around the axle over politics, don't it? :)

I don't believe Jesus or the apostles discussed politics from a "who should you vote for" perspective. It was just a brute force they put up with.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Gary Lee said:

Guess you won't be running for president, huh........................default_cool.png.86ca81bc1a6eb6dc009e112de7f1eb4e.png

If drafted I will not run. If elected I will not serve. If pronounced King, well I'll sure consider it.I tis just that I find all women to be beautiful. God did it up fine for man, didn't He? !!!

2 hours ago, Still Alive said:

Makes you wonder why Christians get wound around the axle over politics, don't it? :)

I don't believe Jesus or the apostles discussed politics from a "who should you vote for" perspective. It was just a brute force they put up with.

Well, ... one being God, They kinda had the inside tack on what was up. They were windward of even that creature of rebellion making that evil filled creature's sails luff.  Jesus won victory over even the final enemy death. 

Like salvation and witnessing, it pleases God that  I participate in a manner that brings Glory not to any man but to Him only. And so I do get  involved with the politics that He sets before me, doing so without fear of the outcome, for whatever it is He is sovereign over it all. Praise God He is merciful.

Edited by Neighbor
spelling change
  • Thumbs Up 2