• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

18 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hi Again,

OK, now we're getting down to the brass tacks, the direction I was heading. My study and belief coincides with your own, I think there will be another incursion / introduction of some form of hybrid evil angelic being. Signs and wonders: If we are living in the end of the last days before Jesus return, we should be witnessing something indicating what that could be? Are we?

This extraterrestrial phenomenon and UFO stuff has been going on for some time now and has been officially suppressed by most government, save Canada and a couple of other countries. There's just too much evidence, video and testimony from thousands reputable people from presidents to astronauts to government officials to police officers. The Vatican has spent tens of millions searching for ET on Mt. Graham, Arizona, and making statements and claims that raise the hair on the back of my neck raise up. 

Not to mention all the TV, movie and documentaries the last couple of decades that seem to be conditioning us for something coming? Now we have the US Government releasing former top secret videos of our fighter jets chasing UFO craft and many other incidents right now. Why, and why now? No one with reasonable intelligence looking at all the facts can deny something extraordinary is going on. The secular world claims we are being visited by E.T.'s, but they and their craft don't abide by God's laws of our physical universe. Therefore one has to reason by process of elimination, it has to be the dimensional / spiritual realm. 

I won't get into details, but are you familiar with Fatima and all the appearances of Mary around the globe witnessed by tens of thousands, and the RCC involvement? That's bizarre, deceptive and indicative of signs and wonders and the age we live.

One last thing I find interesting in the Bible. Have you ever done a search on "unclean spirits" and "evil spirits?" You'll find a definite dividing line, Noah's flood. Same with idle worship, little god's, Greek / Roman mythology and the so called "hero's of old." 

This probably sounds far fetched, but using secular human reasoning and hungry for an answer. What better believable explanation would there be to explain away tens of millions of people that suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth all at once? And the rise of the antichrist to have all the answers.

Yeah I know, I'm one sandwich short of a picnic.

Hello Dennis,

I don't think that you are 'one sandwich short of a picnic'.  :)

We shy away from discussing these things because we do not want to be perceived as being one of the loony fringe, but that does not mean that we do not give thought to these things, and wonder in our hearts.  

I have not done a search on, 'unclean spirits', and 'evil spirits', but will do so (God willing).  

I have not heard of 'Fatima and all the appearances of Mary around the globe', but when on holiday in Italy several years ago now, visited Assisi, and outside one of the Churches there, got into a conversation with someone who obviously thought I was of the same mind and persuasion as himself: for he brought up the recent visions of Mary that had been experienced by children, and what she had supposedly told them; he obviously thought it was wonderful, and a cause of wonder and spiritual significance.  It left me cold and disturbed at the thought of the deception taking place.  I will look Fatima up online and see what you are referring to Dennis.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified,
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Edited by Christine

Guest shiloh357
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:06 AM, Christine said:

Hello @Michael37

In verses 1 & 2 the article determines that it is 'the man Adam' that is meant, as the first human, as in verse two and three. To make the sweeping assumption that it is the same in every following use of the word 'man' or 'men' would be wrong, but if the article is there in the original then it is 'the man Adam' that is meant.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

So why are the translators wrong, and you are right?

• Group:  Diamond Member

26 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

So why are the translators wrong, and you are right?

'And the LORD said, 
My spirit shall not always strive with man, 
for that he also is flesh: 
yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.’

(Gen 6:3)  

Hello @shiloh 357,

There is nothing wrong with the translation. The notes in the margin of my Bible led me to come to the conclusions I have, so I am not alone in thinking as I do about Genesis 6:3.

The commentaries on this passage are man's interpretation of it, so are open to question.

In Christ Jesus
Chris 

Edited by Christine

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Christine said:

Hello @shiloh 357,

Not all translators agree concerning this: the notes in the margin of my Bible led me to come to the conclusions I have for example. So I am not alone in thinking as I do about Genesis 6:3.

In Christ Jesus

Chris 

The notes in the margin of your Bible were not necessarily put there by the translators.

Which translations agree with your view?

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The notes in the margin of your Bible were not necessarily put there by the translators.

Which translations agree with your view?

Hello @shiloh357,

If you look back at my post, you will see that I have amended it.  

For I have no problem with the translation, only the interpretation that man has put on it.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Christine said:

Hello @Shiloh357,

As you will see, I had amended my post, for I realized that the translation of the Scriptures is not at fault, I have no problem with the translation, only with man's interpretation of it.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The traslations don't agree with your arguments, though.   You say that ha-adam should be understood as "the man Adam,"  but the translations render it as "men"  so you DO have a problem with the translations.   

The fact that you can find some people who agree with you doesn't lend any credibility to argument.   I am just curious why you are arguing against how the translations render it and if you can grammatically explain why YOUR rendering is correct and the mainstream translations are not.

42 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The traslations don't agree with your arguments, though.   You say that ha-adam should be understood as "the man Adam,"  but the translations render it as "men"  so you DO have a problem with the translations.   

The fact that you can find some people who agree with you doesn't lend any credibility to argument.   I am just curious why you are arguing against how the translations render it and if you can grammatically explain why YOUR rendering is correct and the mainstream translations are not.

‘And the LORD said, 
My spirit shall not always strive with man
for that he also is flesh: 
yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.’

(Gen 6:3)  

Hello again, @shiloh357,

You will see that the word used is 'man', and not 'men'. The use of the word, 'also', is significant too, for if 'he' is not Adam himself, but mankind in general, why use the word 'also'? 

I have given grammatical reasons in previous posts.

Surely you do not condemn me for showing a Berean spirit:-

And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.  These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.(Act 17:10-11) 

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,800
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:54 PM, Michael37 said:

It works: there's a bit of jumping around in the narrative, but it all hangs together...

THE FLASHBACK TO EVENTS 120 YEARS BEFORE THE FLOOD 

This is what I see as manipulation of Scripture without permission from Scripture … which become thus saith I...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 hours ago, enoob57 said:

This is what I see as manipulation of Scripture without permission from Scripture … which become thus saith I...

Hey there, enoob57, What about Genesis 1:27 and Genesis 2:7? Do you see that backstitch as a man-ipulation?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,800
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Hey there, enoob57, What about Genesis 1:27 and Genesis 2:7? Do you see that backstitch as a man-ipulation?

I see reiteration due to sin entering into God's creative acts... Gen 1 God's creation of perfection with Gen 2:1-3 God's proclaiming such perfection by activity of God Himself in sanctifying said creation with exclamatory 'Good'... Gen 2:4 - 3 then reiteration of said creation now with lucifer fallen and 1/3 of the angels...  Evil has not existed till satan originated lie that is why there now was a tree of knowledge of good and evil. Now exist prohibition with lie present now with truth... this is the written structure of the historical account. We simply follow the narrative as God wrote it- neither adding or taking away from that structured narrative... The same with the flow in Gen 5 through 6...

Edited by enoob57
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1