• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  959
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,689
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Made a mistake today, I let a representative/installer of a major and well known  residential security alarm company come in and make their assessment of my  "needs". It was like an old time home sales presentation. The stuff selected  by me online and via phone before the in home presentation all changed and the cost went to $6600 to install all the equipment and $60 a month service fee. Wow!!! 

I can pay loss  insurance premiums and deductibles for losses for a long time for that kind of money. Oh well, almost nothing is secure in life is it? With the great  exception of  salvation by our Lord's mercy and grace, eh!

Back to square one; all started when  my cable tv service fees went through the roof and I cancelled their "service" which cancelled my  security system too. Probably better off just reading a good book, make that the Good Book, than watching today's tv programming anyway.  

Unlike the presentations of ( some) men and their company's  about their merchandise and services, God's presentation made known by the Holy Spirit is totally  and profoundly secure. But i must say I hadn't been victim of having to endure one of those old timey  in the home sales jobs in well decades. Augh! 

ps - I have now gotten a new system in.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Goodness,   We have an ADT system that only cost me about $500 to install and every room and doors are covered.   Even a detached garage door..  I did sign a three year contract for $35 a month monitoring.   Between that and 8 security camera's that I put in myself it has worked out well for me....   I've even left my garage door open with the lights on all night without trouble.....     Probably the kiss of death to mention it though.  LoL

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Made a mistake today, I let a representative/installer of a major and well known  residential security alarm company come in and make their assessment of my  "needs". It was like an old time home sales presentation. The stuff selected  by me online and via phone before the in home presentation all changed and the cost went to $6600 to install all the equipment and $60 a month service fee. Wow!!! 

I can pay loss  insurance premiums and deductibles for losses for a long time for that kind of money. Oh well, almost nothing is secure in life is it? With the great  exception of  salvation by our Lord's mercy and grace, eh!

Back to square one; all started when  my cable tv service fees went through the roof and I cancelled their "service" which cancelled my  security system too. Probably better off just reading a good book, make that the Good Book, than watching today's tv programming anyway.  

Unlike the presentations of ( some) men and their company's  about their merchandise and services, God's presentation made known by the Holy Spirit is totally  and profoundly secure. But i must say I hadn't been victim of having to endure one of those old timey  in the home sales jobs in well decades. Augh! 

A good home security system is always a must-have investment. Years ago, some scary-looking people rang our door bell an hour or two past midnight. When my dad answered them, they claimed to be selling magazines. Honestly, who sells magazines that late at night? The standard protocol for burglars is to ring the door bell to see if no one answers, then break in if no one comes to the door. If they do come to the door, the burglars will always have a poor excuse for why they’re there. Mind you, we live in a good neighborhood, but sometimes people from bad areas commute to our suburb to cause crime, thinking we have more money to steal.

As long as you haven’t been burglarized, I wouldn’t worry too much about overpaying for a good home security system. I’ve personally known people who have had their homes broken into late at night—including times when they were at home asleep—and lost their TVs, computers, and other valuables.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

it's fun to answer the door with your AR-15 and ask them what they want...    if they want to use your phone, you can just tell them to set down for a few minutes because your spouse has already called 911

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Just now, other one said:

it's fun to answer the door with your AR-15 and ask them what they want...    if they want to use your phone, you can just tell them to set down for a few minutes because your spouse has already called 911

An acquaintance I knew from a long time ago once ordered pizza and answered the door with a fake SMG. The delivery man promptly handed over the pizza and got himself out of there as fast as he could, thinking it was a real robbery. The police showed up and he was charged with a real crime, lol.

Took a little time today, but I am once again alarmed. LOL.  Been wanting to add cameras anyway so it all worked out. I was just a bit surprised to find in this day and age an old timey home sales presentation the likes of that one. Took me back to the days of the  door to door encyclopedia salesmen.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,713
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

You can buy your own quality security system online, from everything from just basic cameras to all the bells and whistles online for a fraction of the cost. I have cameras that alert me if they detect motion when im out of town on my smart phone, and when im home i got a dog and a .45, which is pretty effective if you ask me. Faster response time then the police anyway.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2018 said:

You can buy your own quality security system online, from everything from just basic cameras to all the bells and whistles online for a fraction of the cost. I have cameras that alert me if they detect motion when im out of town on my smart phone, and when im home i got a dog and a .45, which is pretty effective if you ask me. Faster response time then the police anyway.

That reminds me of some friends in Louisiana that had one of those old sheds out back they used for stashing the lawn mower, etc. in. Someone asked him if he was worried about someone stealing the mower and all during a local crime spree. His wife laughed and said, "The shed's not locked for a reason. First there's the dogs (Pit mixes) in the yard, then if the spiders in there don't get them, the bugs or snakes probably will!"

• Haha 2

Ha, I was just taken aback so to speak, by the presentation and the cost. It was so unreasonable I could hardly believe it. Anyway life goes on, I did make another choice. My original goal of switching cable/internet companies got done too.  And, I didn't have to buy any additional new house "pets" nor upgrade any arsenal.  

At the end of the day  it was just another small event in a day. God is still sovereign, and all is well with my soul.