IGNORED

Biblical Cinemia

Fidei Defensor

2 hours ago, Behold said:

It just ruins it.

And they just can't keep themselves from reinventing the words in the NT.

Have you ever seen "The Greatest Story Ever Told"?   Story of Jesus.

That's a weird flick, and because its the worst "Gospel Story" movie of all time, its the one they are going to Play whenever Easter comes again.

Ben-Hur is an example of a sort of Miracle, as the main Screenwriters included one unsaved Jew and Gore Vidal who was a devout homosexual and bitter atheist.

YET, all the "Jesus Scenes"  in Ben Hur are among the best ever created...and they stayed very true to the Scriptures.... . which might be explained by the fact that Charlton Heston was a true believer and would not let them twist the bible on the screen.

I love Ben-Hur and Ten Commandments too.

I can't think of a Gospel movie I thought was truly biblically done.  Mel Gibson's Passion was well done, but inserted a lot of non-biblical material especially about Mary.  In spite of the Roman Catholic additions, the movie is quite moving.  However, it's not one I can watch over and over again.  I don't care much for the others.  Max Von Sydow is Jesus in one and Jeff Chandler in another.  Neither one is believable as Jesus to me.  There's another actor who played Jesus who reportedly was drunk much of the time.  I'm not sure who that was.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Anybody who has not done so needs to go to You Tube and check out “ The Chosen”...... it’s as good , if not better than “ Jesus of Nazareth” and that movie was a flat- out Masterpiece.You can also Google “ The Chosen” and get the app for it.....I can promise you that you have never seen anything like it and that is meant in the best possible way.....

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I love Ben-Hur and Ten Commandments too.

I can't think of a Gospel movie I thought was truly biblically done.  Mel Gibson's Passion was well done, but inserted a lot of non-biblical material especially about Mary.  In spite of the Roman Catholic additions, the movie is quite moving.  However, it's not one I can watch over and over again.  I don't care much for the others.  Max Von Sydow is Jesus in one and Jeff Chandler in another.  Neither one is believable as Jesus to me.  There's another actor who played Jesus who reportedly was drunk much of the time.  I'm not sure who that was.

"King of Kings" with Jeffrey Hunter is decent. It has some flaws, but i think the heart of the movie is trying to be pure..

A recent movie . "Young Messiah" is the fictional account of what was going on when Jesus and Mary took Christ on a journey during those hidden years that are not described in the NT.   I thought it was well achieved.

Have you seen ..."RISEN" ?   You'll like that one.....Its good.

Have you seen "The Letters"?  Its a movie based on the actual letters left by Mother Teresa, and its a very good movie.    Im not a Catholic, and i thought this movie was special.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Anybody who has not done so needs to go to You Tube and check out “ The Chosen”...... it’s as good , if not better than “ Jesus of Nazareth” and that movie was a flat- out Masterpiece.You can also Google “ The Chosen” and get the app for it.....I can promise you that you have never seen anything like it and that is meant in the best possible way.....

Thanks.

will do.

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Young Messiah was a genuine blessing. I was moved to tears.

The Passion is powerful....the way they filmed Jesus so anxious to get onto that cross, speaks a great deal to His love for us and the necessity of that suffering.

I don’t like the Max von Syndow movie at all.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, Behold said:

Thanks.

will do.

Tip for watching “ The Chosen”....... This movie starts out very slow....first two episodes barely have Jesus in them......hang in there for the third episode......that’s when it really starts to get good ..... I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Tip for watching “ The Chosen”....... This movie starts out very slow....first two episodes barely have Jesus in them......hang in there for the third episode......that’s when it really starts to get good ..... I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.....

Thank you for suggesting the movie.

Its on my hit list :)

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Behold said:

"King of Kings" with Jeffrey Hunter is decent. It has some flaws, but i think the heart of the movie is trying to be pure..

A recent movie . "Young Messiah" is the fictional account of what was going on when Jesus and Mary took Christ on a journey during those hidden years that are not described in the NT.   I thought it was well achieved.

Have you seen ..."RISEN" ?   You'll like that one.....Its good.

Have you seen "The Letters"?  Its a movie based on the actual letters left by Mother Teresa, and its a very good movie.    Im not a Catholic, and i thought this movie was special.

I haven't seen Risen yet but I have heard good things about it.  I also haven't seen Young Messiah or Letters.  I'll take your word on their worth.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I haven't seen Risen yet but I have heard good things about it.  I also haven't seen Young Messiah or Letters.  I'll take your word on their worth.

I liked them.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I dont believe any main stream Christian films or music for that matter are made by actual Christians. Hollywood is all satanic. It's all about pushing secret and wicked agendas and filthy lucre.