• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I agree yesult.

Thanks for posting and keeping this topic alive. I believe it is of great value to consider this facet in regard to our Great God.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Great scriptures. When we start losing our reverent awe for God and the things of God it's a good barometer of where we are as christians. Also where christian leadership is. Because without that, or if it's compromised, it'll trickle down into all sorts of other areas.

And a new believer is obviously not necessarily going to be really strong in this because they're usually finding out about Gods goodness and gentleness at that point which is great. But if a believer stays in that place then there's a real problem.

When christians stay on the milk level of christianity they stay immature, because without deep reverence (respect/healthy fear) of God and his mercy and justice, they arn't led by wisdom. Because without a (healthy) fear of God, true wisom is impossible.

I hate seeing preachers only preach milk christianity because it makes people feel good and keeps them in their seats. You see too much of it in pentecostal churchs. (I have anyway.) Particularly mega-churchs. But then if you arn't going to disciple people you don't really have a lot of choice. However the result is a lot of christians walking around thinking that God is all about them.

It's really unhealthy.

• Content Count:  15

amen amen amen..... I couldnt agree more. this day and age it seems as if there is no more respect for God ,... and i wouldnt even call it milk it like a fake gospel... another gospel as the word says it. and discpleship? I havent heard of that since i was a teen and now I am in my thirties. we need to be praying for the church because judgement starts at the house of God before it starts in the world and its already started.

God bless and stay prayerful and in awe of God,

kemetbeauty

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  6

I would agree that the fear of the Lord is the beginning, however some never stop fearing. Once we know the Lord and have made him our Lord, should we still fear or do you think as we become one with Him the fear goes away.

I do no longer fear the Lord for he is not only my Lord but also my friend, is this not a good thing??? I know that He can do as He wishes with me, but my trust has grown to the point that fear is no longer possible because of our relationship.

sam

You have an excellent point Sam. Hi, I'm new to this forum. But your right, many Christians stop fearing God and to me, that is not a good thing because when that happens, some people tend to get reckless and that is bad. I remember my Pastor used to tell us, "Give no place to the devil". I truly learned what that ment as I got older. When we stop fearing God, we are giving place to the devil and he comes right on in wrecking havoc in our lives. I still fear God and will continue to because God can destroy both my body and my soul and I don't and won't risk that happening.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

I would agree that the fear of the Lord is the beginning, however some never stop fearing. Once we know the Lord and have made him our Lord, should we still fear or do you think as we become one with Him the fear goes away.

I do no longer fear the Lord for he is not only my Lord but also my friend, is this not a good thing??? I know that He can do as He wishes with me, but my trust has grown to the point that fear is no longer possible because of our relationship.

sam

You have an excellent point Sam. Hi, I'm new to this forum. But your right, many Christians stop fearing God and to me, that is not a good thing because when that happens, some people tend to get reckless and that is bad. I remember my Pastor used to tell us, "Give no place to the devil". I truly learned what that ment as I got older. When we stop fearing God, we are giving place to the devil and he comes right on in wrecking havoc in our lives. I still fear God and will continue to because God can destroy both my body and my soul and I don't and won't risk that happening.

2Co 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I don't know if these have been given before since this thread is so old, but how about:

Psalm 2:11 "Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling."

2 Corinthians 7:15 "And his affections are greater for you as he remembers the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling you received him."

Philippians 2:12 "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;"

Fear of God is a good thing.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

For your consideration

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

I was compelled to post this, as I have heard much opposition to the teaching and expounding on the fear of the Lord. It is SO necessary to our relationship with Him and our well-being.

Proverbs 1

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 15

33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.

Wisdom was once explained to me as the ability to make decisions based on the Word of God. I am finding how it is much like the pearl described in Matthew.

Understanding is to see God at work around you and to be in agreement with Him.

Proverbs 3

13 Happy is the man who finds wisdom, And the man who gains understanding; 14 For her proceeds are better than the profits of silver, And her gain than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies, And all the things you may desire cannot compare with her. 16 Length of days is in her right hand, In her left hand riches and honor. 17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, And all her paths are peace. 18 She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, And happy are all who retain her. 19 The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; By understanding He established the heavens;

What is Wisdom and Understanding?

Proverbs 4

4 He also taught me, and said to me: "Let your heart retain my words; Keep my commands, and live. 5 Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth. 6 Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; Love her, and she will keep you. 7 Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.

The Beginning of Wisdom

Proverbs 1

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

The fear of the Lord is as this:

8:13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil;

Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate. 14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom; I am understanding, I have strength.

3:7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. 8 It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.

23:17 Do not let your heart envy sinners, But be zealous for the fear of the Lord all the day; 18 For surely there is a hereafter, And your hope will not be cut off.

19 Hear, my son, and be wise; And guide your heart in the way. 20 Do not mix with winebibbers, Or with gluttonous eaters of meat; 21 For the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, And drowsiness will clothe a man with rags.

The Beginning of Wisdom

Proverbs 1

It is so very valuable!

Proverbs 3:13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. 14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

Proverbs 4

4 He also taught me, and said to me: "Let your heart retain my words; Keep my commands, and live. 5 Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth. 6 Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; Love her, and she will keep you. 7 Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.

Matthew 13

44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. 45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

It is of great worth to hear and love and obey the Word of the Lord. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of this.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Humility is the highest level attainable.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Dear shiloh,

Is there something you are trying to imply?

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

the bible says "worship Me with fear and trembeling"

the purpose of fearing the Lord is he can and will throw you in hell. read matt 6 and 7. its clear that not all who are saved will "make it"

the standard is above everyone of us and He hates sin so much he wont allow it in his presence. in heaven there IS NOT EVEN ONE IMPURE THOUGHT!!!

this is why "doctorine" is "dangerous" calvanism is a lie.

dont get it twisted, you dont earn salvation, its a gift. the word says be holy as I am holy. if your not a doer of the word and you ask for the will of God and do it not... your going to hell.

read matt 6 and 7 if you think im the one telling a lie.