IGNORED

The Fear of the Lord, The Beginning of Wisdom

tsth

Guest shiloh357
The fear of God is the greatest deterrent for sin (Exod. 20:20; Prov. 16:6). Those who perceive God as a benevolent and gentle grandfather will treat their sin superficially. They will worship halfheartedly. They will live life on their own terms rather than God's. But a reverent fear of holy God will dramatically affect the way a person lives. Even though Paul was an apostle of Jesus Christ, he feared God and knew that one day he would stand in judgment to give an account for everything he had done (2 Cor. 5:10). Our world does not applaud fearfulness. We teach our children to love God, but not to fear Him. We want to present a loving and non-threatening image of God to nonbelievers in the hope that Christianity will be more appealing to them. One of the great condemnations of our day may be that we have lost the fear of God. We promote Him as a "best friend" who saves us and "lives in our hearts," but we do not fear Him. It is true that we are God's adopted children and that we are fellow heirs, even friends, with Jesus (Rom. 8:16-17; John 15:14-15), but we are not His equals. He has forgiven us, but we are still His creatures. He is God, and we are not! If you find that you have become complacent with God's commands and have become comfortable in your sin, you are completely isolated from God's holiness. Take time to meditate upon the awesome holiness of God and allow the Holy Spirit to instill into your life a proper reverence for almighty God (Isa. 40:12-26). A deep sense of awe is essential to knowing God.

This needs to be preached in every Church in America!! :noidea:

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Praise God this is a wonderful post and has just ministered so to my heart.

Holy Spirit of Truth please be gracious to teach me the fear of the Lord all the days of my life.

Suzanne you are indeed an encouragement and blessing to me.

God bless

Estie

:24:

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1951

Doe's God love me and accept me just the way iam.Yes! :whistling:

But if i disrespect God by contineually disobeying Him will i suffer the consequences.Yes!

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I am glad this was a blessing. If only the reverance of God was to return to this nation as a whole. All will someday revere Him, as His Majesty cannot be ignored, when He reveals Himself as The Awesome God that He Is! Every knee will bend and all will bow down before Him. He is indeed a Great and Mighty God!

Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!" 4 And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts." 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, And your sin purged." 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  77

I am glad this was a blessing. If only the reverance of God was to return to this nation as a whole. All will someday revere Him, as His Majesty cannot be ignored, when He reveals Himself as The Awesome God that He Is! Every knee will bend and all will bow down before Him. He is indeed a Great and Mighty God!

Isaiah 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!" 4 And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The Lord of hosts." 6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. 7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; Your iniquity is taken away, And your sin purged." 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."

In His Love,

Suzanne

Amen and Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

thank you for this study i had to have a good read and a good think on what i can add to this as each one of us sees this differently and have personal experiences were we are able to see were god has moved in our lives once we see it the way its pointed out hear as a good father only wants the best for his child and when god disciplines us it is for our own good and not to punish us

i go by these two chapters that i am going to put down as they mean a lot to me and i can see wear i have grown in the lord as a human and wear my personal life experiences wear able to also speak in to some one Else's life and build them up in there own walk

2 chronicles 7 13 15

if i shut up heaven that their be no rain or if i command the locust to devour the land or if i send pestilance among my people

if my people which are called by my name shall humble them selves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then will i hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land

now mine eyes shall be open mine ears attend unto the prayer that is made in this place

the reason i am going to place this in this post is what i was dealing with and what i was trying to work out in my own head and it was a Battle to were i was trying to be more like Christ but i could not let go of what i had experienced as a youth and i even had to ask god to forgive me as i let go off my first love and did not want to seek an interment relation ship with my father in heaven due to the concept i had in my own head of what a father figure meant to me and i had no father figure at all in my life as a young youth i had to grow up fast

LACK OF INTIMACY WITH GOD

unbelief

disunity

Luke warmness compromise

self centerdness

i had to deal in repentance on each of thees points that i placed hear as to be honest my relationship with god was not good i allowed to much rubbish into my life

and when i began to see it this way and openly cry out to god and say i want your help i want to draw close to you i want to be more depending on you and i can not do this on my own lord i see that their is a lot of sin in me and this needs to be dealt with and know i walk accordingly hand in hand with god as he has not once let me down but has been there wear no one else was there for me or if i tried to explainer how i was feeling he heard me as god new me from the day i was born and knows when others find it hard to hear what i am trying to say he understands

this is my other verse i often draw to and its highlighted in yellow Elisha i love this man off god and often come back to 2 kings

2 kings 6 17

And Elisha prayed and said lord i pray thee open his eyes that he may see And the lord opened the eyes of the young man and he saw and behold the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha

as when i was seeing things in the natural realm of my world i was not able to see things in the spiritual realm the way these guys moved and so i had no moral issues on this concept the fear of the lord the beginning off wisdom

until know and i fully under stand what it means to fear the lord as its like not allowing your self to repeat the same mistakes you were so use to repeating and i am great full for god shaking me the way he shook me in 2001 as the way i see this study and to what you are trying to say their is wisdom in gods word and that wisdom is what will help us in our own walk as Christians living in a harsh world the bible has rules that are in clear view for us and these guide lines that are in gods living word are to guide and to guard us from going off the path the lord has us on like with my son when i say no i mean no and he knows i only do this for his benefit and his safety as i do not want him to hurt him self

yet i also like what it says in acts on this as well when peter learned an important lesson

acts 10 34 35

then peter began to speak i now realize how true it is that god does not show favoritism

but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right

i hope i have not gone of track hear and i hope you can hear what i tried to post hear to what i have had to deal with in my own life

from damo1

until know and i fully under stand what it means to fear the lord as its like not allowing your self to repeat the same mistakes you were so use to repeating and i am great full for god shaking me the way he shook me in 2001 as the way i see this study and to what you are trying to say their is wisdom in gods word and that wisdom is what will help us in our own walk as Christians living in a harsh world the bible has rules that are in clear view for us and these guide lines that are in gods living word are to guide and to guard us from going off the path the lord has us on like with my son when i say no i mean no and he knows i only do this for his benefit and his safety as i do not want him to hurt him self

yet i also like what it says in acts on this as well when peter learned an important lesson

acts 10 34 35

then peter began to speak i now realize how true it is that god does not show favoritism

but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right

i hope i have not gone of track hear and i hope you can hear what i tried to post hear to what i have had to deal with in my own life

Dear damo,

I understand what you are talking about. My husband had to also get a new understanding of the term "father". It can be difficult to have a correct view of God as the Father, when our earthly fathers were severely lacking in the role. I am glad that you have new eyes now and new understanding.

I also believe that many times, we must endure great affliction to come to terms with the authority and sovereignty of God the Father. For me, to come to a point of surrender, I am thankful to say that the Lord gave me a great affliction so that I might cry out to Him, finally! I did, He heard, I believe! Affliction is a grand blessing for those of us who are hard-headed/hearted! I rejoice in my afflictions that I was saved out of them.

Thank you for your post on this thread, it was a good testimony.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

from damo1

to tsth

thank you very much for what you left for me i do really appreciate this study and i hope you do not mind i have been also jotting down some things by what you have shared in your posts and some others as i did not know if i was allowed to do this as this is also helping me to understand this a little bit more better i wish our church did this hear i miss my old church in canberra as we constantly did studies like this in our cell group coming from a big church to a small church that is only know starting to cry out to god honestly it has been hard as i have to do my own studies and i have to keep my faith strong and these posts in worthy have been helping me as this is one reason i joined worthy to grow and to see what god is doing all over the world your posts have encouraged me as all i do is read my bible in the church i am in know you have to be strong in your own personal walk to survive i have seen so many fall due to no cell group or no studies being set up to teach and to guide and to talk on issues like the one you have posted in your post

though at the end of this year i will be moving back to canberra and going back to my old church as i have missed out on so much i will be applying to live in the philippines with my partner who is a pastor and they have just planted a 5th church and i have been asked to help pastor and grow this church and also work in with my new brother in law who is second acting youth pastor and they are now doing studys like this among the young youth so your study hear alone that you set has been very help full to me and i just want to say thank you i wil still be appart of worthy and i will come back to this study to see what others are sharing

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  50

truly we must not keeep doing the sins and repeating the bad things we do , even tho GOD loves us HE will not tolerate forever our sins over and over when we know better but will chastise us ( if we are christians ) i praise HIM for the many many mnay tines HE has forgiven me this is a good study and i like what each has written

Psalm 25

1 To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; 2 in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. 3 No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. 4 Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; 5 guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. 6 Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. 7 Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O Lord.

8 Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways. 9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way. 10 All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of his covenant. 11 For the sake of your name, O Lord, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. 12 Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. 13 He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land. 14 The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.

In His Love,

Suzanne