• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

17 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul said if you add to his Gospel you will go to Hell.....how’s that for kindness? Jesus referred to some as vipers,others He called “dogs”.Some people need to be jolted out of their false beliefs.Kindness can then follow.It jolted me to find out there are four types of soil and three of them are bad .God desires all

to be saved, but the truth is Hidden from many.That news is jolting.God doesn’t need me and I can add nothing to Him.That too is jolting to hear. Personally I know from experience that a little jolting can go a long way .It worked in my life and that is why I post in the manner that I do on occasion .

Indeed, Christ used strong language, 

“No, you are imitating your real father.”

They replied, “We aren’t illegitimate children! God himself is our true Father.”

42 Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on my own, but he sent me. 43 Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It’s because you can’t even hear me! 44 For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. 4So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don’t believe me!” (John 8:41-45). 

Jesus told the Pharisees off in “Woe to the Pharisees and religious scholars,” (Matthew 23, whole chapter). He also cleared the temple with a Whip (John 2:1-12). However, Jesus is also gentle and kind (Matthew 11:28-30) and He desires all be saved, “This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth,” (1 Timothy 2:3-4) and, “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9). 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,222
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

However, Jesus is also gentle and kind (Matthew 11:28-30) and He desires all be saved, “This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth,” (1 Timothy 2:3-4) and, “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9). 

Amen!

1 Peter 3:15

14But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their intimidation; do not be shaken.” 15But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to articulate a defense to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But respond with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who slander you will be put to shame by your good behavior in Christ.…

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Amen!

1 Peter 3:15

14But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their intimidation; do not be shaken.” 15But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to articulate a defense to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But respond with gentleness and respect, 16keeping a clear conscience, so that those who slander you will be put to shame by your good behavior in Christ.…

Amen. We must be gentle with our kinsmen and lead them with compassion and mercy: “And What does the Lors require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly before your God.” (Micah 6:8)

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe anyone has touched on the immaculate conception.

Which is, the only reason Jesus was born sinless is because His Mother Mary was sinless, we then get to the situation, how & why was Mary sinless & so on.  

38 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

I don't believe anyone has touched on the immaculate conception.

Which is, the only reason Jesus was born sinless is because His Mother Mary was sinless, we then get to the situation, how & why was Mary sinless & so on.  

Ah yes, Saint Anne (Mary’s mother) and endless line of sinless people back to Adam and Eve in Mary’s geneology. Wait.. Adam and Eve sinned (Genesis 3) and that means we’ve all sinned, “or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” (Romans 3:23), “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth (John 14:6) is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us,” (1 John 1:8-10), “My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous, He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.” (1 John 2:1-2). 

Besides Mary’s line was full of sin, it has King David who murdered Uriah and stole His wife Bathsheba (Luke 3:31, 2 Samuel 11). 

Finally, Mary admits publically her need for Salavation: “Mary said: My soul magnifies the Lord,47     and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,48 for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.” (Luke 1:46-8).  Right here she confessses the need for a Savior. 

It all comes down to understanding the two natures of Christ, His Spirit was God, for God is spirit (John 4:24) and His body was descended from Adam, Abraham, and David: “in the holy Scriptures, concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace and apostleship [e]to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name’s sake, among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ.” (Romans 1:2-6).

Jesus’ body had all sinful tendencies back to Adam so that He could nail them to the cross (1 Peter 3:18). His Spirit was God and is God because only then could the sacrifice of His body be for all time (Hebrews 10:10-17, Hebrews 7:27, Hebrews 9:24-29) because only God lives outside time (2 Peter 3:1-19). Jesus is both God and Man, without His body He could not die or nail the sins of the world to the cross, without being God He couldn’t have paid for sin for all time and satisfied God’s Wrath (Romans 5:9). Make no mistake you can’t split the two natures of of Christ like the heretical Nestorians did; Jesus is God and Man: Spirit and Flesh.  But to understand how God could have sin on His body and still be God is explained in the two district natures of the God Man (Romans 1:2-6). This explains how God who cannot be in presence of sin could bore our sins; His body having the sins but His Spirit being untainted by sin (John 4, Romans 1:2-6). In this way, the God Man could bear our sins without corrupting Himself. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor