• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.38
  • Days Won:  7

Hi guys 

I am sure this is something we all have to deal with on a regular,  if not daily basis.  

If this is the case for you, what comes to mind when you have to extend or receive forgiveness. 

Sometimes just reading what someone takes the time to share, helps look at something in a totally new way. 

Look forward to reading what you share.  

God bless. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

I like what Billy Graham said to Queen Elizabeth II in The Crown: “If you cannot yet forgive, pray for the person you can’t forgive.” Often there is this pressure to automatically forgive, without feeling the pain, anger, wound, broken trust, and so what happens is the person says “I forgive,” but the feelings having been repressed end up festering to create bitterness. 

We most certainly should forgive, because Jesus Christ our Lord and Hod has forgiven us,  but that does not mean we should be pressured into forgiveness before we are ready or else it becomes lip service rather than authentic. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,311
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Although most try to forgive because they want to please God … true forgiveness is the ability to remember no more. I'm still working on this  :red_smile: 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Usually forgiveness is not automatic...revenge is.

But after a few moments of considering the scoundrel I am and the great forgiveness Jesus has given me, I have no other option than to do likewise and forgive.

Hi Yowm,

Good to hear your thoughts,  thank you. 

It is so true. Our initial reaction is usually to try and solve the problem ourselves and we can come up with many ways that can to achieve this goal. 

It does help when we stop and think about ourselves.  And see that we have failed too. 

Have you ever been so hurt when something has happened. But when the other person has a chance to explain themselves,  we see the initial situation with new eyes. 

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I like what Billy Graham said to Queen Elizabeth II in The Crown: “If you cannot yet forgive, pray for the person you can’t forgive.” Often there is this pressure to automatically forgive, without feeling the pain, anger, wound, broken trust, and so what happens is the person says “I forgive,” but the feelings having been repressed end up festering to create bitterness. 

We most certainly should forgive, because Jesus Christ our Lord and Hod has forgiven us,  but that does not mean we should be pressured into forgiveness before we are ready or else it becomes lip service rather than authentic. 

That is great advice given to the Queen. And something easy enough to remember and apply.  When we cannot find it in ourselves to forgive,  we can pray for them. Perhaps even begin to see the other person with the same love that God has for them. 

Great thoughts.  Thanks for sharing FD.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Although most try to forgive because they want to please God … true forgiveness is the ability to remember no more. I'm still working on this  :red_smile: 

So true Steven, I often wonder how we forgive without remembering. For many years my dad did marriage counseling.  It was amazing how time again, past hurts were brought up. 

I am glad that I am not the only one working on forgiving and forgetting. 

Appreciate you sharing Steven. God bless.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Fidei Defensor said:

“If you cannot yet forgive, pray for the person you can’t forgive.”

If you want revenge, here's a good way to do it, but I would still pray for the person.

Proverbs chapter 25 verse 21

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

and verse 22

In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.

It wouldn't say this in Proverbs if we shouldn't do it, it bothers me when I do it, but what else am I to do it says the lord will reward you.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, john1 said:

If you want revenge, here's a good way to do it, but I would still pray for the person.

Proverbs chapter 25 verse 21

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.

and verse 22

In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you.

It wouldn't say this in Proverbs if we shouldn't do it, it bothers me when I do it, but what else am I to do it says the lord will reward you.

I understood the quote fo mean “if you cannot forgive, pray for who you cannot forgive until you can forgive.” By focusing on the person you have ought with, Hos in prayer may reveal to you that a) you overreacted, b) they are guilty but all humans are frail and fall short of the glory of Hod, c) you need to release it or the bitternesss will give you disease or d) holding on to the offense is turning you into the person who you haven’t forgiven: 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.31
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Usually forgiveness is not automatic...revenge is.

But after a few moments of considering the scoundrel I am and the great forgiveness Jesus has given me, I have no other option than to do likewise and forgive.

THIS right HERE was the response I was a looking for .    See   ,    WHEN we realize what we were , when we realize that without GOD what we would be ,

and when we realize we were simply forgiven for what JESUS DID ,     KABAM its so simple .  One who cannot forgive another ,  DOES NOT TRULY APPRECIATE

that they were even forgiven .     

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

THIS right HERE was the response I was a looking for .    See   ,    WHEN we realize what we were , when we realize that without GOD what we would be ,

and when we realize we were simply forgiven for what JESUS DID ,     KABAM its so simple .  One who cannot forgive another ,  DOES NOT TRULY APPRECIATE

that they were even forgiven .     

“I know that I am a great sinner and Jesus is a Great Savior.” (Man who wrote Amazing Grace) 

• Thumbs Up 1