• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, JohnKing67 said:

Umm, sorry, when did I say this because I don't remember it.  Are you saying I said I sin and repent repeatedly, because I'm pretty sure I didn't say this.

John, you mentioned repentance to reacquire righteousness a number of times. I have been saved about 28 years, I have sinned during that time.

Say you have been saved for five years, are you saying you've never sinned, once, in five years? Do you understand that Jesus wasn't "pretty good" but sinless, meaning perfection?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/09/1967

29 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

1john 1:8-9 If we say we have no sin,we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If w

E confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

They do have the righteousness Of Christ imputed upon them if they are reborn again in Christ. They are justified in Christ and in sanctification mode till death of their flesh which is when they will be glorified in Christ. Righteousness does not indicate perfection in we mere mortals. We are not deity. God is sinless and perfect and HOLY. Refer back to 1john1:8-9

Awhile back I posted this link.  I'll post it again if you want to read it because it says better than I can what I think is meant by 1 john 1:8.

https://www.thethirdangelsmessage.com/if-we-say-we-have-no-sin-the-misinterpretation

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Just now, Billiards Ball said:

John, you mentioned repentance to reacquire righteousness a number of times. I have been saved about 28 years, I have sinned during that time.

Say you have been saved for five years, are you saying you've never sinned, once, in five years? Do you understand that Jesus wasn't "pretty good" but sinless, meaning perfection?

Perhaps this will help. Jesus told us to forgive people 490 times if they sin 490 times. Why is God's standard for forgiveness for born again Christians, less, not more, than our standard to forgive others? You seem to say that if a Christians sins once, they are lost, until they repent. So you have (I hope this sounds ridiculous to you also) some believer who has been saved for 40 years, commits one sin, and is hit by a car before repenting and goes to Hell.

We are not saved because WE repent, WE pray, WE try, WE have works. We are saved by Jesus's free gift. It literally says in Romans 4, to the one with zero works who trusts Christ, his trust IS righteousness!

8 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

For me it's been more like a few months, and I honestly can't think of a sin I've committed in that time.  Or if I have I'm not aware of it.  But then again I don't see why it's that hard not to sin if you really don't want to.  Of course it takes Jesus to do it.  I just try not to pray every day for God to forgive me of sin.  I'd rather pray every day that I don't sin in the first place.

Edited by JohnKing67

12 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

John, you mentioned repentance to reacquire righteousness a number of times. 

Yes I did, that's IF you sin.  I didn't say it was inevitable that you would.  And I don't remember saying I was doing this repeatedly.  But whatever, I don't want to make a big deal out of this.

Just now, maryjayne said:

I still would like to know what 'first works' are please. It sounds important.

It means starting over with salvation.  Salvation being your first work.  Maybe work isn't the proper term.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

Ya ever have an unclean thought? Those count also.And,predictively,no answer to the sins of OMMISION

”We ALL have secret thoughts that would shame Hell”.   dear Abbey

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Ya ever have an unclean thought? Those count also.And,predictively,no answer to the sins of OMMISION

”We ALL have secret thoughts that would shame Hell”.   dear Abbey

I don't believe thoughts are sinful unless they cause you to do something sinful.  If the thought itself was a sin we'd all be in trouble.

I thought I answered that sin of Omission question awhile back??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, JohnKing67 said:

I don't believe thoughts are sinful unless they cause you to do something sinful.  If the thought itself was a sin we'd all be in trouble.

I thought I answered that sin of Omission question awhile back??

Jesus would disagree with the thought thing.He taught that having lustful thoughts were equal to adultery and hating was as bad as murder.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

so when you sin, you are no longer saved?

but once you are saved, you no longer sin?

and salvation is a human work/activity? Is that personal salvation (as in a person being saved) or saving others?

I'm confused. Salvation and a correct understanding of it is very important isnt it.

I hesitate to answer this, but since you asked I'll answer with what I believe.

I believe that when you sin, you're no longer saved.

Once you're saved, you are expected not to sin.  Is it still possible to sin?  Yes.  Is it impossible not to sin? No

No sure exactly what you meant be the last question.