• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/09/1967

Just now, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Fair enough.....I would not care  ,but I think your position puts you in jeopardy of living under a “ gospel” that is accursed.The Bible can be a very dangerous thing if not properly taught. “ Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman who need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth”.Check out “get God’s Gift”. Take the time to study your beliefs and check out what others think.Good luck and God bless

I feel like I could say the same thing about the gospel you're living under, but I won't.

Thanks for your concern and I appreciate it.

• Group:  Junior Member

3 hours ago, 1sheep said:

What denomination?

I don't know what demonination.  If anything I consider myself nondenominational.  I don't put that much importance on what the label is.  I know I'm not Catholic if that helps.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, maryjayne said:

so we are purified (sanctified) and that leads straight to justification? is that right?

and what about salvation, where does that fit into the process? It that the bit before purification ad justification when we are born again?

I try not to get overly concerned about the religious terminology. Here is my take that I believe is Biblical.Jesus said anybody could come for Salvation, but NO ONE comes lest the Holy Spirit draw him.The initiative belongs to God. The Holy Spirit softens the heart of the unrepentant sinner so that they see that they are a lost, wretched sinner that needs a Savior.Only the Holy Spirit  can unshackle one from Satan’s lie  —— the self-righteous delusion that you are “ good enough” and will make it to Heaven on your terms.Once the heart has been softened and you change your mind( repentance) to the fact that you ain’t as good as you think you are and you are in dire need of grace and forgiveness, then you are ready to receive the Gospel that Jesus revealed to Paul so he could tell it to the world.That Saving Gospel thAt Jesus promises will save us if only believed by the one that hears it is found in 1Cor15:1-4. It consist of two parts.Believe Jesus died for your sins and believe He rose from the dead.FAITH in that promise saves you.Abraham BELIEVED God’s promise and it was counted to him for Righteousness ( justification) The same Spirit that enabled you to believe the Gospel will now indwell you and you will FIND yourself doing the things that please God. That walk with the Holy Spirit guiding your steps is Sanctification.God will transform you into the image of His Son as you submit to His desires for you .Now that you have become His Child,There will be Times thAt you will have to be chastised when you sin.We chastise our children for their own good If we love them . God is no different.As far as salvation goes, it is not revoked because of the sin that remains in our life.Grace covers it all as far as Salvation goes and we will need that grace from the day we were first saved until the day we die.Perfection is on the other side when we meet God face-to- face. Grace , indeed will take us home

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

11 hours ago, JohnKing67 said:

Yes I did, that's IF you sin.  I didn't say it was inevitable that you would.  And I don't remember saying I was doing this repeatedly.  But whatever, I don't want to make a big deal out of this.

John, the standard is never, not "rarely".

11 hours ago, JohnKing67 said:

For me it's been more like a few months, and I honestly can't think of a sin I've committed in that time.  Or if I have I'm not aware of it.  But then again I don't see why it's that hard not to sin if you really don't want to.  Of course it takes Jesus to do it.  I just try not to pray every day for God to forgive me of sin.  I'd rather pray every day that I don't sin in the first place.

"I don't see why it's that hard not to sin if you really don't want to."

Have you never heard testimonies of people who were saved but struggled with addictions, abuse, compulsions, disorders?

That’s why the New Testament authors write things like, “by a single offering [Jesus] has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified” (Hebrews 10:14). But your doctrine forces it to read differently, as "by a single offering [Jesus] has perfected for all time those who are NOW ALREADY sanctified."

Santification is the process of gradual Christlikeness. I think you have gotten confused reading 1 John, which says, "If ANYONE sins, we have an advocate," ANYONE meaning Christian or non-Christian.

John, no offense, because I appreciate that you're a righteous brother, but I don't care if you haven't committed a sin in several months, or if you committed 10 sins last month, because God's standard is perfection.

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Only the Holy Spirit  can unshackle one from Satan’s lie  —— the self-righteous delusion that you are “ good enough” and will make it to Heaven on your terms.

If a person is relying on self righteousness then they will never be "good enough" and you're right it will be a delusion.  It's why I've said it's not self righteousness but the righteousness of Christ that should be relied on.  

1 hour ago, Billiards Ball said:

because God's standard is perfection.

That is the standard when you're saved.  

7 minutes ago, JohnKing67 said:

That is the standard when you're saved.  

If that's so, are you saved? Do you not understand? 

I'm curious what kind of church you go to, how they teach. Because at most churches I've been to, repentance, confession and altar calls are held for Christians frequently.

If everyone in your church is you, "Honestly, can't remember sinning for months" why do you attend church weekly? I'm being serious, not sarcastic. You're "done", only people who never sin are saved, so why are you on this forum where 99+% of people are believers who sin and rely on grace in an ongoing fashion? According to this doctrine, almost every single person posting and praying here is going to Hell if they died today. Shouldn't you fellowship with "real" sinless believers?

20 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

If that's so, are you saved? Do you not understand? 

I'm curious what kind of church you go to, how they teach. Because at most churches I've been to, repentance, confession and altar calls are held for Christians frequently.

If everyone in your church is you, "Honestly, can't remember sinning for months" why do you attend church weekly? I'm being serious, not sarcastic. You're "done", only people who never sin are saved, so why are you on this forum where 99+% of people are believers who sin and rely on grace in an ongoing fashion? According to this doctrine, almost every single person posting and praying here is going to Hell if they died today. Shouldn't you fellowship with "real" sinless believers?

You're right most churches do hold altar calls frequently.  It's so people who need to repent can go to the altar.  If you're saved then why go to an altar call for salvation?  It's not a requirement that you go to an altar call.  Why go if you don't need to?

I don't look at a church as being only for getting saved.  A person can get saved without a church if they want.  It's also about learning and fellowshipping with other Christians.  Spiritual growth is not over at salvation.  There's still a lot to learn after you're saved.

Edited by JohnKing67

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

do you take communion? how often?

I've taken communion once in my life.