• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

... even choosing to not have feelings hurt could be a choice of pride, which is a sin!...

Could be twisted pride. But just to clarify, I was talking about truth.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/09/1967

14 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Sin should be repented of, but salvation is the work of Christ, not of our repentance, or prayer or humility or works. Please understand this, because, respectfully, to disagree could be to jeopardize salvation. None can boast in Heaven.

How could disagreeing jeopardize salvation?  Actually, telling someone their future sins are already forgiven if they're not would be jeopardizing their salvation, right? They might not repent because they believe they're already forgiven.  I would tell anyone who's sinned to repent and not assume they're already forgiven.

Edited by JohnKing67

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

22 minutes ago, JohnKing67 said:

You're right, Peter did sin. But I don't believe we hear about him sinning again after going to the upper room and receiving the Holy Spirit. If anything I think Peter's sin teaches that it's possible to backslide into sin after being saved and then return again to forgiveness.  Which would go against the belief of "once saved always saved".  

Peter was just a man.He sinned every hour of every day.He needed grace just like you and I .He sinned greatly when he stopped eating with gentiles when the legalists showed up.He knew better.If we make sinning or not to be the criteria the standard is perfection.That ain’t gonna happen.Peter knew the problem and he knew the solution. Faith in the One that GAVE us HIS perfection. Believe in the Gospel of Grace found in 1cor15:1-4 and you will be GIVEN all that stuff people think we have to work for.God bless.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

7 minutes ago, JohnKing67 said:

How could disagreeing jeopardize salvation?  Actually, telling someone their future sins are already forgiven if they're not would be jeopardizing their salvation, right? They might not repent because they believe they're already forgiven.  I would tell anyone who's sinned to repent and not assume they're already forgiven.

Repentance leads to salvation.

Repentance is to change one's mind that one cannot save oneself. Once I made the decision to rely upon Jesus, I was saved.

Daily repentance "just to be sure" shows an incomplete trust in Jesus. One must trust in Jesus to be saved.

• This is Worthy 1

9 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Repentance leads to salvation.

Repentance is to change one's mind that one cannot save oneself. Once I made the decision to rely upon Jesus, I was saved.

Daily repentance "just to be sure" shows an incomplete trust in Jesus. One must trust in Jesus to be saved.

I'm not talking about daily repentance.  Only if you believe you've committed a sin should you repent. Otherwise there's nothing to repent of.  I'm also saying that salvation should keep a person out of sin so they don't have to repent.

Edited by JohnKing67

10 minutes ago, JohnKing67 said:

I'm not talking about daily repentance.  Only if you believe you've committed a sin should you repent. Otherwise there's nothing to repent of.  I'm also saying that salvation should keep a person out of sin so they don't have to repent.

You are a good Christian if you don't sin daily. The Bible teaches that Christians, saved, born again, Heaven-bound Christians, sin. If salvation keeps a person from every sin/all sin, much of the New Testament makes no sense at all. Why would there be hundreds of NT verses admonishing "us", the "church", "we believers", etc. to avoid the "sin that so easily entangles US"?

The problem is you don't understand salvation, a free gift, but feel we MUST repent to "earn" a free gift, which makes salvation a wage, not a gift. See Romans 4 for more.

Succinct and brilliant.....You took the words right out of my mouth.......for that I am envious and angry. Thank God, those sins are covered by God’s Grace. I take God’s Grace as a license—— a license to rest in His finished work.If you ain’t resting , you must be working——you are in jeopardy of living an accursed doctrine.The Bible can be a very dangerous Book if you do not strive to be a rightly dividing student.Faith plus nothing.

1 minute ago, Billiards Ball said:

You are a good Christian if you don't sin daily. The Bible teaches that Christians, saved, born again, Heaven-bound Christians, sin. If salvation keeps a person from every sin/all sin, much of the New Testament makes no sense at all. Why would there be hundreds of NT verses admonishing "us", the "church", "we believers", etc. to avoid the "sin that so easily entangles US"?

The problem is you don't understand salvation, a free gift, but feel we MUST repent to "earn" a free gift, which makes salvation a wage, not a gift. See Romans 4 for more.

Do you really sin daily? Why?  Do you really want to sin that much?  Doesn't that make salvation look weak that it can't even keep you from sinning daily?  If I seem to be judging you then I'm sorry because I'm not perfect either but do you realize how weak that makes salvation look?

1 minute ago, JohnKing67 said:

Do you really sin daily? Why?  Do you really want to sin that much?  Doesn't that make salvation look weak that it can't even keep you from sinning daily?  If I seem to be judging you then I'm sorry because I'm not perfect either but do you realize how weak that makes salvation look?

It doesn't matter whether a born again person sins once daily, thrice daily or once per decade. Salvation comes through JESUS CHRIST, not through our repentance, prayer, works or anything else.

By the way, Christianity looked "weak" when Jesus died on the cross, wasn't that the Pharisees' point?

Please contact me , those out there who think they do not sin anymore .If you think you have conquered the sins of COMMISION, we will be ready to see if we can do the same with James’ sins of OMMISION......I have yet to meet a legalists that wants to discuss those.