IGNORED

Are we destined to sit on the throne of God?

IserveIam

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, IserveIam said:

Jesus Himself prayed in John 17 and asked of the Father that we may partake in His (Jesus) glory, the glory He had before the foundation of the world, the eternal glory, God's glory. Why would Jesus confer God's glory on us if we are not included in His Godhead? God Himself even stated in the Old Testament that His glory he will not share with anyone. Does this mean God is a liar if Jesus prayed that God would share His glory with us. Heaven forbid it. God is sharing His glory with us through virtue of being united organically to Christ, bone of His bone, flesh of His flesh. It's Christ in us, the hope of glory, the mystery hidden for all time until this current Church Age. Those are the words of the Apostle Paul

To be the mysterious Body of Christ is to be truly a part of Christ Himself. What a glorious place to be!

Edited by Kristin

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

God is Light. In Him is no darkness. His word is true.  Our understanding of it is often incorrect. 
God is Holy. I personally believe (at this moment/time) I will meet Him on my face, in the dirt, trembling, with no thoughts of sitting anywhere near the throne, yet safe in my eternal abode. That's because I realize, God knows me, as I know me. The least of the least. God is Holy......

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

34 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Answer the same question. Who was John seeing, Jesus or himself?

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last,
(Rev 1:12-17)

28 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Peter said we PARTAKE of His Divine nature. He never said that is our essence.

Jesus was the 2nd Person of the Trinity who took (assumed) humanity upon Himself.

We are humanity partaking of His Divine nature...big difference. 

John saw Christ, and in that same book he states that we will be just like Him when He appears because we shall see Him as He is. Not similiar, but just like Him.

The author of Hebrews quoted David and asked what is man that God is mindful of us? All things were put under our feet but as of yet we do not see everything subjected to us. Then He proceeds to say that even though we don't see all things subject to ourselves yet, we do see Jesus. What is he implying? Jesus is our example. He was made lower than the angels and suffered death and crowned with glory and honor as the example that we will follow. 

If Jesus is God and Jesus said out of His own mouth that we will sit with Him on His throne-what throne? the throne of God-why are you hesistant to accept it. Do you not trust the words of Christ? We're His body. 

Adam was the first man and Jesus is the last. How can Jesus be the last man when billions have been born since His death. Because God only sees two men, Adam and Jesus. Either you are in Adam or you're in Christ. There is no middle ground. Study Romans 5. We didn't commit Adam's sin yet we shared in the curse put on him. In the exact same way, we didn't fulfill the law, Jesus did, and as such we share in His blessings. All of them. Every last one of them.

The Greek word for partakers as used in 2 Peter 1:4 is koinōnós (a masculine noun/substantival adjective) – properly, a participant who mutually belongs and shares fellowship; a "joint-participant."

We mutually partake in the divine nature. Why? Because we will be filled with all the fullness of deity bodily through the Holy Spirit, which Scripture says we have only received a down payment. There's a fuller filling of the Spirit of Christ to come. 

In the same way, we are co-heirs of Christ, co-partakers in His inheritance. What did Jesus inherit? All things. As partakers we also inherit all things. That's Godhead talk.

28 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

God is Light. In Him is no darkness. His word is true.  Our understanding of it is often incorrect. 
God is Holy. I personally believe (at this moment/time) I will meet Him on my face, in the dirt, trembling, with no thoughts of sitting anywhere near the throne, yet safe in my eternal abode. That's because I realize, God knows me, as I know me. The least of the least. God is Holy......

God says approach His throne with confidence so you being afraid to approach the throne is going contrary to what Scripture says. It's not a pride thing, because we are nothing without Christ, but being that we have Christ, He says come confidently. That's why the veil was ripped in half when Jesus died.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Yowm said:

..John saw Jesus in the Book of Revelation, he said 'we shall be like Him in the Epistle of John (1Jn 3:2).  Besides it still doesn't answer the question, "Who did Jesus see, Jesus or himself?".

There's nothing in Hebrews that states all things will be subjected to ourselves...

For it was not to angels that God subjected the world to come, of which we are speaking. It has been testified somewhere, “What is man, that you are mindful of him, or the son of man, that you care for him? You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you have crowned him with glory and honor, putting everything in subjection under his feet.” Now in putting everything in subjection to him, he left nothing outside his control. At present, we do not yet see everything in subjection to him. But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.
(Heb 2:5-10)

..Your human reasoning hs already gotten you into biblical contradictions. The Bible describes in one part as God having wings, so does Jesus also have wings? Perhaps you should study up on Hebraic metaphors?

..Adam's sin was imputed to us just as the righteousness of Jesus Christ is imputed to us. We share in His blessings totally by His grace, not by theosis or some process of divinization. Are you Eastern Orthodox?

..Right. A partaker of an object is not the object he partakes of. Are you an apple each time you partake of one?

..Yes our new bodies will be filled with the fulness of Christ...but nowhere do we read we are Christ.

For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority.
(Col 2:9-10)
I think you need to learn the distinction between the eternal Creator and His creation.

No that is the talk of the coveteous ones who only can think and talk about how rich and powerful they will be in heaven.

Before I go any further with this, do you even believe that Jesus is God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

God says approach His throne with confidence so you being afraid to approach the throne is going contrary to what Scripture says. It's not a pride thing, because we are nothing without Christ, but being that we have Christ, He says come confidently. That's why the veil was ripped in half when Jesus died.

At this time in my life, pondering upon the Holiness of our Creator, the majesty, the great "I Am", I find it difficult to have the confidence I should have, according to that scripture. This is not false humility. I'm just being honest with myself. Thinking about the   'what I could have, what I would have, what I should have'  for/in Christ. I have always felt unworthy to raise 'holy hands' to heaven, and never have

The Bible describes in one part as God having wings, so does Jesus also have wings?

I never once questioned your salvation. I asked a question based on the absurd response you gave. You say I'm pontificating when I'm merely asking a theological question. I was under the assumption you did believe Jesus was God until you asked that unneccesary question. And btw, pontificating is what you did when you said I need to know who is who I this forum. I'm sorry, I thought I was among my brothers and sisters in Christ asking a question. The apostle Paul said he was less than the least saint in a mind of humility. You can have your forum. I'll go back to the Word. To everyone else, the truth is in the Word. The Church is unique, a mystery according to Paul, Christ IN us, the hope of glory. 

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

The Bible says that those that overcome will be seated with Him in the heavenly places, but we do not become GOD and we do not sit on HIS throne. 

Are you Eastern Othodox by chance?  because your beliefs seem to follow their teachings which I do not see in the Bible., or they seem to be a misinterpretation of scripture.  

Peter says  we are "Partakers of the divine nature"  this means , when we are saved we become born again from above & are indwelt by the Holy  Spirit.  We do not become deified or a deity, that is a false teaching. 

We do not sit on the Throne of God , but Jesus says we will rule with Him.  We will sit along side Christ Jesus',  who is the King of Heaven and earth , & the Bible says  we will reign with Him upon the earth. 

The saying is trustworthy, for: If we have died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him” (vv. 11–12a).

2 Timothy 2:11–13

The Indwelling Holy Spirit does not make us God. 

https://www.gotquestions.org/indwelling-of-the-Holy-Spirit.html

"What is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?

Question: "What is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?"

Answer: The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the action by which God takes up permanent residence in the body of a believer in Jesus Christ. In the Old Testament, the Spirit would come and go from the saints, empowering them for service but not necessarily remaining with them (see Judges 15:14; 1 Chronicles 12:18; Psalm 51:11; Ezekiel 11:5). Jesus revealed to His disciples the new role the Spirit of Truth would play in their lives: “He lives with you and will be in you” (John 14:17). The apostle Paul wrote, “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you are bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body” (1 Corinthians 6:19–20).

These verses are telling us that the believer in Jesus Christ has the third Person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, living in him. When an individual accepts Christ as personal Savior, the Holy Spirit gives the believer the life of God, eternal life, which is really His very nature (Titus 3:5; 2 Peter 1:4), and the Holy Spirit comes to live within him spiritually. The fact that the believer’s body is likened to a temple where the Holy Spirit lives helps us understand what the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is all about. The word temple is used to describe the Holy of Holies, the inner sanctum in the Old Testament tabernacle structure. There, God’s presence would appear in a cloud and meet the high priest, who came once a year into the Holy of Holies. On the Day of Atonement, the high priest brought the blood of a slain animal and sprinkled it on the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant. On this special day, God granted forgiveness to the priest and His people.

Today, there is no Jewish temple in Jerusalem, and the animal sacrifices have ceased. The believer in Christ has become the inner sanctum of God the Holy Spirit, as the believer has been sanctified and forgiven by the blood of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:7). The believer in Christ becomes the habitation of the Holy Spirit of God. In fact, Scripture also says that the believer is indwelt spiritually by Christ (Colossians 1:27) and by God the Father (1 John 4:15)—the Trinity is involved.

As the Holy Spirit lives in the believer, He brings about some life-changing results:

1) The indwelling Spirit comes to a soul dead in sin and creates new life (Titus 3:5). This is the new birth Jesus spoke of in John 3:1–8.

2) The indwelling Spirit confirms to the believer that he belongs to the Lord and is an heir of God and fellow-heir with Christ (Romans 8:15–17).

3) The indwelling Spirit installs the new believer as a member of Christ’s universal church. This is the baptism of the Spirit, according to 1 Corinthians 12:13.

4) The indwelling Spirit gives spiritual gifts (God-given abilities for service) to the believer to edify the church and serve the Lord effectively for His glory (1 Corinthians 12:11).

5) The indwelling Spirit helps the believer understand and apply the Scripture to his daily life (1 Corinthians 2:12).

6) The indwelling Spirit enriches the believer’s prayer life and intercedes for him in prayer (Romans 8:26–27).

7) The indwelling Holy Spirit empowers the yielded believer to live for Christ to do His will (Galatians 5:16). The Spirit leads the believer in paths of righteousness (Romans 8:14).

? The indwelling Spirit gives evidence of new life by producing the fruit of the Spirit in the believer’s life (Galatians 5:22–23).

9) The indwelling Spirit is grieved when the believer sins (Ephesians 4:30), and He convicts the believer to confess his sin to the Lord so that fellowship is restored (1 John 1:9).

10) The indwelling Spirit seals the believer unto the day of redemption so that the believer’s arrival in the Lord’s presence is guaranteed after this life (Ephesians 1:13–14).

When you accept Christ as your Savior (Romans 10:9–13), the Holy Spirit takes up residence in your heart, bringing with Him an entirely new life of love, relationship, and service to the Lord."

Recommended Resource: The Holy Spirit by Charles Ryrie

I'm not Eastern Orthodox. I grew up in the Apostolic faith but I don't like to ascribe to denominations. We are one body in Christ.

Why would Jesus say that we would sit on His throne? Can anyone answer that for me. If we're His church, His bride, we are one with Him. Why do you think God said that the husband will cleave to the wife and the two shall become one flesh. 

5 hours ago, Yowm said:

Yes and He is the Head in that relationship.

When John saw Jesus in the Book of Revelation, was he seeing himself?

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength. When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last,
(Rev 1:12-17)

I don’t think John is part of the body of Christ. He is a foundation and is part of Israel. 

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

John is not a part of the body of Christ?? Paul was. Why the difference?

BTW, what Church affiliation are you? Eastern Orthodox? Hyper Dispensational? Or??

I’m not any of those. I ride in a big rig. I do believe that the promises for Israel are different than the promises for the church, who is the body of Christ. 

Edited by Kristin