IGNORED

Are we destined to sit on the throne of God?

IserveIam

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

The one who wins the victory, I will grant him to sit with Me on My throne just as I also have won the victory and have taken My seat with My Father on His throne.
Revelation 3:21

When Jesus ascended into heaven, the Word says he sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. The above verse declares that Jesus is currently sitting on the throne of God. Jesus says that to those who overcome, He will give to sit on His throne just as He has taken His seat on the Father's throne. Is Jesus inviting us to sit on the throne of God with Him and in Him?

All through the New Testament I find evidence that God's ultimate goal of salavation is to bring many sons to glory, be partakers of the divine nature, sit with Jesus on His throne, be one with the Father and with Jesus as they are one with each other; we're called the Body of Christ with Christ as the head, rulers and reigners in Christ and on and on and on. To sum it up in one sentence, God is calling His born again children into His Godhead. 

This is not something I learned in sitting in church but was revealed through the Scriptures. Why is this doctrine not being taught in western churches. Eastern churches teach this doctrine faithfully (theosis, divinization, glorification) but over here it would be blasphemous to say what I just wrote above. Why? Does the Church seriously think Christ died JUST to forgive our sins. No. Peter said we are partakers in the divine nature, that same divine nature Christ possesses in addition to His human nature. So if Jesus is possessor of a human and divine nature, why wouldn't His flesh and blood born-again brethren be as well?

Think what that would do for the Church if they had that revelation.

• Brilliant! 1

As the Book of Hebrews says though, we do not yet see all things subjected to us. Yes, spiritually we are seated in heavenly places, but physically we have yet to take out seat with Him on His t throne.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I’m always trying to picture myself seated in heavenly places. I end up imagining an airport-like waiting room. It’s hard for me to grasp that concept. 

• Haha 1

Same. It's unthinkable to me but it's truth

I firmly believe it is true because that’s what the Word says. It’s wonderful and baffling. In response to IserveIam

Edited by Kristin

15 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Ok, so we will never be physically seated on the same Throne as His.

Why do you say that when Scripture says so? "Whoever ovrrcomes will sit with me on my throne". Don't you understand that being In Christ means we share every single blessing Christ enjoys just as when we were in Adam we shared in the curse.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, IserveIam said:

The one who wins the victory, I will grant him to sit with Me on My throne just as I also have won the victory and have taken My seat with My Father on His throne.
Revelation 3:21

When Jesus ascended into heaven, the Word says he sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. The above verse declares that Jesus is currently sitting on the throne of God. Jesus says that to those who overcome, He will give to sit on His throne just as He has taken His seat on the Father's throne. Is Jesus inviting us to sit on the throne of God with Him and in Him?

All through the New Testament I find evidence that God's ultimate goal of salavation is to bring many sons to glory, be partakers of the divine nature, sit with Jesus on His throne, be one with the Father and with Jesus as they are one with each other; we're called the Body of Christ with Christ as the head, rulers and reigners in Christ and on and on and on. To sum it up in one sentence, God is calling His born again children into His Godhead. 

This is not something I learned in sitting in church but was revealed through the Scriptures. Why is this doctrine not being taught in western churches. Eastern churches teach this doctrine faithfully (theosis, divinization, glorification) but over here it would be blasphemous to say what I just wrote above. Why? Does the Church seriously think Christ died JUST to forgive our sins. No. Peter said we are partakers in the divine nature, that same divine nature Christ possesses in addition to His human nature. So if Jesus is possessor of a human and divine nature, why wouldn't His flesh and blood born-again brethren be as well?

Think what that would do for the Church if they had that revelation.

Hi and welcome, Interesting presentation and good subject to study thanks It led me to go back into archives of sermons this day and for that I give thanks to God for your post

I do question the idea presented that churches in the west do not teach Bible. Specifically I offer a link to  sermons that do teach, and teaches on Revelation including revelation 3:21  http://lakesidechapel.com/sermons?book=Revelation&by=book .  You will have to seek out  Rev. 3:21 within the many hours of recorded sermon on the book of Revelation, once you do that you will find Rev 3:21 is discussed.

I do think it is a serious error to make a statement that declares "the church" or in this case "the western church" does or does not do this or that. Many individual elders and pastors do teach and teach well out of all of the Bible.

I am in awe of what God  provides in the manner of teachers, those that do have capacity and are led by the Holy Spirit having been given special high spiritual gift to teach and have accepted the responsibility that comes with the privilege, then  makes time to study to even, becoming scholars aware of original languages and are able to make transliteration a serious part of their teaching of others.

I do not find a deficiency in teaching nor in teachers. I find an abundance so vast, so full, so deep, that I cannot take in all that is taught with the leading of the Holy Spirit. I praise God for the thrill of being exposed to the many teachers so gifted of the Holy Spirit.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

5 minutes ago, Yowm said:

We share the same blessings, not physically the same body. How would you fall on your face and worship Him?

We're called the Body (not bodies) of Christ, filled with the Spirit of God (completely, not like how now we have only received a down payment of the Spirit). Why would Christ call us His body and we not receive His blessings. It makes absolutely no sense.

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

We share the same blessings, not physically the same body. How would you fall on your face and worship Him?

Paul tells us all throughout his epistles that we are the body of Christ. In a mysterious way, we literally are the body of Christ. Wow!

3 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Paul tells us all throughout his epistles that we are the body of Christ. In a mysterious way, we literally are the body of Christ. Wow!

Jesus Himself prayed in John 17 and asked of the Father that we may partake in His (Jesus) glory, the glory He had before the foundation of the world, the eternal glory, God's glory. Why would Jesus confer God's glory on us if we are not included in His Godhead? God Himself even stated in the Old Testament that His glory he will not share with anyone. Does this mean God is a liar if Jesus prayed that God would share His glory with us. Heaven forbid it. God is sharing His glory with us through virtue of being united organically to Christ, bone of His bone, flesh of His flesh. It's Christ in us, the hope of glory, the mystery hidden for all time until this current Church Age. Those are the words of the Apostle Paul