Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,350
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Ovation Eddie who does funny Star Trek parodies on YouTube feels he is being targeted for removal by YouTube.   YouTube de-monetized his channel and is reviewing him.    He feels this is because he is a conservative making fun of liberals in all of his videos.   I just came across his videos recently and posted two of the funniest ones in our comedy video section.   Anyhow, he is hoping for support from other conservatives, even if it is just liking his videos.

YouTube will let him know in a month about their decision.

11 hours ago, Yowm said:

We know who the man behind FB, Amazon, Twitter etc., but who is behind YT?

No idea.   I was looking for another funny video by Ovation Eddie and happened to see his latest video about YouTube reviewing him...he even made that video interesting by using a Star Wars theme!

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,218
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

three guys from Pay Pall created youtube  and Google bought it sometime around 2005-2006.   it is a subsidiary of the Google Corp which restructured in 2015 and became a subsidiary of the newly created "Alphabet Inc." parent company.....   reasons for the restructuring is too complex to get into.    Alphabet has subsidiaries in all kinds of fields.

btw, I am a subscriber of his.....   he's funny.

Edited by other one
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  958
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,646
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

16 hours ago, Debp said:

Ovation Eddie who does funny Star Trek parodies on YouTube feels he is being targeted for removal by YouTube.   YouTube de-monetized his channel and is reviewing him.    He feels this is because he is a conservative making fun of liberals in all of his videos.   I just came across his videos recently and posted two of the funniest ones in our comedy video section.   Anyhow, he is hoping for support from other conservatives, even if it is just liking his videos.

YouTube will let him know in a month about their decision.

The one mocking the weather channel was funny. Parody seems to be allowed in the music industry without it infringing on copyrights, but the taking of whole sequences of video, from tv programs might seriously infinge on the work of the original actors and the production companies that made the program Star Trek, so I can imagine there are many issues for contention that are more serious then just left vs right political leanings being offended. 

If I were one of the actors and my work was being used to profit another I would not be too happy. I would complain and likely bring suit for damages. I would think You Tube doesn't need to be brought into a lawsuit of that kind, could get very expensive for them.

Practical  example- Politicians get sued for using music as their introduction themes without permission.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Brilliant! 1

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The one mocking the weather channel was funny. Parody seems to be allowed in the music industry without it infringing on copyrights, but the taking of whole sequences of video, from tv programs might seriously infinge on the work of the original actors and the production companies that made the program Star Trek, so I can imagine there are many issues for contention that are more serious then just left vs right political leanings being offended. 

If I were one of the actors and my work was being used to profit another I would not be too happy. I would complain and likely bring suit for damages. I would think You Tube doesn't need to be brought into a lawsuit of that kind, could get very expensive for them.

Practical  example- Politicians get sued for using music as their introduction themes without permission.

I see.   Ovation Eddie did point out some things written under his videos that he felt protected hm, I guess.   It's in his latest video on YouTube de-monetizing him.

Btw, did you see the Star Trek parody about Nancy Polosi and Maxine Waters?   I watched it again and it was funnier the second time around!