• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

I have often thought of the statement;

“you should never compromise with evil”

is this a true and accurate one? Is choosing which is the less of two evils,  compromising  with evil? I don’t think so??

So I’m thinking that the statement “we should never compromise with evil”,  should be a maxim in the believers life. We should by all means, at whatever the cost, never ever compromise with evil. So as scripture says we can “be perfect as He is perfect.” Now, if I can just be a “do’er of the Word”

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Not me said:

I have often thought of the statement;

“you should never compromise with evil”

is this a true and accurate one? Is choosing which is the less of two evils,  compromising  with evil? I don’t think so??

So I’m thinking that the statement “we should never compromise with evil”,  should be a maxim in the believers life. We should by all means, at whatever the cost, never ever compromise with evil. So as scripture says we can “be perfect as He is perfect.” Now, if I can just be a “do’er of the Word”

By compromising with evil, you likewise partake with it.

All sin, is sin. 

Edited by Follower Of Jesus
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member

6 minutes ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

All sin, is sin. 

Short simple and to the point! 

• Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, Cletus said:

evil is compromise.  its good we should not compromise. 

Yes, couldn’t agree with you more. It does seem now-a-day you are called all sorts of names if you are not willing to compromise. But I wonder if this is where we could quote the scripture “he that endures shall be saved”. For it does seem at times  you stand alone, but we’re not really alone, it just seems like that sometimes. Blessings to you, may Christ be enlarged in your innermost being. 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I think to be pure like Jesus is the goal no matter where we are …. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

"Never compromise with evil" makes sense, but that leads me to consider exactly what to consider 'evil'.    Should this include things, practices, and people?  For example, things such as PG-13 and R rated movies, popular music with various topics, and even sermons could all be considered evil by some.  For practices, one could include seeing those movies, listening to music, and perhaps taking part in holiday celebrations this fall.  Can people be evil?  Is it a compromise to associate or talk to people that aren't Christian?  How about those that practice things one considers evil?

One may need to be careful not to descend onto a slippery slope in classifying so many things as 'evil' one is then unable to live and disciple as we're directed.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 hours ago, Cletus said:

evil is compromise.  its good we should not compromise. 

THAT is right brother Cletus .     NO compromise .    For if one compromises even one inch , the devil becomes the ruler .  

Not even a millimeter .  WE FOLLOW JESUS and HIS ROD Keeps us .     

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

21 hours ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

All sin, is sin. 

SUBMIT TO GOD , Resist the Devil and he will flee.         OH ,    james knew .     

11 hours ago, bryan said:

"Never compromise with evil" makes sense, but that leads me to consider exactly what to consider 'evil'.    Should this include things, practices, and people?  For example, things such as PG-13 and R rated movies, popular music with various topics, and even sermons could all be considered evil by some.  For practices, one could include seeing those movies, listening to music, and perhaps taking part in holiday celebrations this fall.  Can people be evil?  Is it a compromise to associate or talk to people that aren't Christian?  How about those that practice things one considers evil?

One may need to be careful not to descend onto a slippery slope in classifying so many things as 'evil' one is then unable to live and disciple as we're directed.

I’m of the mind that as Christians we should classify evil just the way God does. Nothing more or nothing less. Though it is true, we for the most part don’t always know what is good and what is evil. That doesn’t change the fact that Good and evil themselves don’t change. Just our seeing into the mystery of good and evil. This is why as Christians it is vital that we get as close to, or as much as we can have of Christ manifested in our lives, so that we can tell and know “what the good and perfect will of God is.” 

For we are called to be righteous in all things. For of a truth there is only one good and one evil, just like there is only one life and one death. 

Scripture says;

“there is only one that is good”. 

Goodness only exists in God, and where God chooses to manifest Himself. For goodness itself cannot but be manifested by God. Or there could not just be “one that is good”. 

(forgive my ramblings)

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

Everybody compromises every day, because we're not home yet. Are your kids going to a government run school with government curricula, pushing/planting corrupted seeds in their tender minds? Do you vote in all elections, as a good steward of your country? Do you try to get along with your lost neighbors to witness to them? How about your pastor, is he one of the original apostles, or does he have a few areas that need your attention? Do you work somewhere in a company/business that supports planned parenthood or the homosexual agenda? It is a never ending list of compromises, admit it or not. And it is getting harder. What about the internet? Social media, web sights. Forums........... default_cool2.gif.db560329dc2b1ca241dd942afbde3c93.gif