• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

As a side note, the thing about the beat of the music is that it appeals to the desires of the flesh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:24: How does a beat "appeal to the desires of the flesh"?

Got a Scripture to go with that?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1975

I'm sorry dear friends, but as a trained classical musician, a "beat" in and of itself is in no way sinful, nor is there anything in the Bible that states this...The reason maybe some persons feel it's "evil" is that it they subconciously connect it with maybe a song they have heard previously, or a band, that produces questionable material.

Have you ever really sat and listened to classical? Appealing to the desires of the flesh? Hmmm... It's some of the most romantic music available if you ask me, so if we use this theory stated above, then classical music is sinful as well because it gets some people "in the mood"...

I find nothing wrong with any "beat" or "genre" that glorifies the Lord with the lyrics. I have also said before, Christian Rock can reach a whole flock of unbelievers that maybe other things wouldn't have. Christian Rock can be a blessing for new converts that previously played secular music, who still enjoy making music, but not the previous with questionable messages...

Guest Bro Davidâ„¢
I'm sorry dear friends, but as a trained classical musician, a "beat" in and of itself is in no way sinful, nor is there anything in the Bible that states this...The reason maybe some persons feel it's "evil" is that it they subconciously connect it with maybe a song they have heard previously, or a band, that produces questionable material.

Have you ever really sat and listened to classical? Appealing to the desires of the flesh? Hmmm... It's some of the most romantic music available if you ask me, so if we use this theory stated above, then classical music is sinful as well because it gets some people "in the mood"...

I find nothing wrong with any "beat" or "genre" that glorifies the Lord with the lyrics. I have also said before, Christian Rock can reach a whole flock of unbelievers that maybe other things wouldn't have. Christian Rock can be a blessing for new converts that previously played secular music, who still enjoy making music, but not the previous with questionable messages...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Truesunn,

It is great to have ya back !.

Yeah Like what you say, there is no "beat" that cannot be used to worship God.

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Not sure what to think about music.... why is this such a major topic? and why do people argue over it so? Doesn't all this arguing over it just show that many Christians are divided over what the bible says or does not say up front?

I wanna say that this topic doesn't matter, but it does because every way we worship God is important... why didn't God just say what was right and wrong about this? (is now in a state of confusion)

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

He did Kitty. I highly suggest you read the article I linked you to. God intended all things to glorify Him so long as they are not used for evil. By evil I mean for personal glory or sinful reasons.

A person playing the guitar simply to play, even with no words, is not doing anything evil. A person playing the guitar in order to get a woman into bed is obviously playing it with evil intentions. It is a case by case thing, not a blanket sin.

It's a puritan idea that music is evil...and ironically enough it goes all the way back to the gnostics. Again, I suggest you read the article.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This is one of my favorites right now. It's from Mercy Me's most recent cd called Undone. I love this song!! It makes me feel so humbled inside for what Yeshua did for me. He freed me!

No apologies

For who I'm meant to be

The only thing that matters is

I am free

When I am overwhelmed

Holding pieces of my heart

When I feel my world

Start to fall apart

To the cross I run

Holding high my chains undone

Now I am finally free

Free to be what I've become

Undone

Even in defeat

The face of tragedy

Still you'd have to say that

I found victory

In brokenness comes beauty

Divine fragility

Reminding me of nail scarred hands

Reaching out for me

To the cross I run

Now I am finally free

To the cross I run

Now I am finally free

Undone

Hallelujah I'm undone!

To the cross I run

Now I am finally free

To the cross I run

Now I am finally free

Undone

To the cross I run

To be what I've become

And I'm undone

Edited by bukeye2745

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

All instrumrnts are good. Just don't do the Karaoke thing. That is sinful. A sin against God and Humanity!

Dan

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

People can listen to whatever music they want to. It's their choice, not yours.

Guest rsm66

I am new to worthyboards and have just finished reading this topic and all the comments. I have been a christian a little over 2 years and too have wondered about this question of music. After reading all the opinions/comments I too have now made up my mind. There is nothing wrong with christian rock or a certain beat of music as long as it is used to glorify God.

Thank you all who did comment on this topic all opinions were very helpful even the ones I did not agree with.

rsm66

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

I actually had a minister tell me that electric guitars were created only to give glory to Satan. I wonder what King David would say about that. He liked stringed instruments.I bet he would have gone electric.  Electric guitars were created so guys like Les Paul and Dejango Reinhardt could be heardover the rest of the band.

There will be a band in heaven. A good one!

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D

You can't beat a good bit of guitar!!