• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

you have shared things with us, and asked our advice and for help. We are giving that advice and help, which may include things you dont want to hear. Details are not needed. prayerful consideration of His ways is needed.

I appreciate the advice. I just have to use my own judgement at this point. 

13 minutes ago, Debp said:

Was he claiming to be a Christian when you started dating him?    That is the first thing to be careful of when you are a Christian....date only Christians.  Even then watch a person for their "fruit" to see if they are truly following Christ.   If they aren't, break it off with them as dating leads to marriage usually.

Yes. He's wasn't an atheist.but the rest of what you're saying is true. I don't see much fruit.

• Loved it! 1

27 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Feelings are temporary and change with the slightest provocation. I sense you're setting yourself up for great hardship. I don't believe you can be objective in this matter. Baggage goes with you, so if you're having issues at home, you'll take it to your next home. Work on your issues at home before moving on.

But my mom is kinda the issue. Her neediness anyway

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,311
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yes. He's wasn't an atheist.but the rest of what you're saying is true. I don't see much fruit.

Why don't you ask him to come to church with you?   If he turns to the Lord sincerely, you both will be happier.   Right now it seems he has dragged you downwards.   You said you feel like you are in limbo.    Perhaps he doesn't realize what he is missing spiritually.... forgiveness, peace with God, joy in walking in fellowship with God and other Christians.  Instead of letting him pull you downwards more, seek to be a help in raising him upwards.

Guest shiloh357
11 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I appreciate the advice. I just have to use my own judgement at this point. 

No, you should not use your own judgement.   It appears that you are looking less for advice and looking more for someone to affirm what you have already decided to do.  

The Bible says:  "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." 
(Pro 3:5-7)

You have already admitted that you will be sexually active when you move in with this guy.  Sex  has consequences. What happens if/ when you get pregnant?   Does he want children at this point?   Do you want children at this point.  What will you do?   What happens when he decides to bolt and leave you with a child to raise that neither one of you planned for?   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I know that I am late to this discussion, figure of eighty, but I have to agree with others that this moving in with your boyfriend - no matter what the reason - is a very bad idea.  It's a very sinful idea.  Why?  Because Jesus made a distinction between being married and living together.  He declared it wrong just as he declared going from spouse to spouse is wrong.

And the reason that you give - in part, that your mother is to blame - and you want away from her is a terrible reason to move in with him.

I know that's not what you want to hear.  

I've read the majority of your posts here on this site.  You seem to be very unhappy about a lot of things.  Moving in with this man will not fix any of those pains.

It will only add one more pain to the mix.

• Loved it! 1

9 hours ago, Debp said:

Why don't you ask him to come to church with you?   If he turns to the Lord sincerely, you both will be happier.   Right now it seems he has dragged you downwards.   You said you feel like you are in limbo.    Perhaps he doesn't realize what he is missing spiritually.... forgiveness, peace with God, joy in walking in fellowship with God and other Christians.  Instead of letting him pull you downwards more, seek to be a help in raising him upwards.

Yeah I want him to come to church with me. Hopefully God will touch him lol

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

I know that I am late to this discussion, figure of eighty, but I have to agree with others that this moving in with your boyfriend - no matter what the reason - is a very bad idea.  It's a very sinful idea.  Why?  Because Jesus made a distinction between being married and living together.  He declared it wrong just as he declared going from spouse to spouse is wrong.

And the reason that you give - in part, that your mother is to blame - and you want away from her is a terrible reason to move in with him.

I've read the majority of your posts here on this site.  You seem to be very unhappy about a lot of things.  Moving in with this man will not fix any of those pains.

I didn't clarify with my mom. I can't do it this second but I will soon. But it isn't a terrible reason. I have to explain in depth.

3 hours ago, Jayne said:

My boyfriend is the only thing right now thats like a solace to me. 

Also it's not wrong to want to leave the nest. I'm in my late 20's wanting to branch out isn't wrong. 

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, you should not use your own judgement.   It appears that you are looking less for advice and looking more for someone to affirm what you have already decided to do.  

The Bible says:  "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." 
(Pro 3:5-7)

You have already admitted that you will be sexually active when you move in with this guy.  Sex  has consequences. What happens if/ when you get pregnant?   Does he want children at this point?   Do you want children at this point.  What will you do?   What happens when he decides to bolt and leave you with a child to raise that neither one of you planned for?   

No I'm not looking for confirmation. Everyone has their opinions and that's fine. I'm still deciding on what to do. The whole reason I made this thread is because I'm kind of stuck between the choices of whether to go and whether it's really bad to do so.