• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,569
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/23/2018 at 11:25 AM, Yowm said:

I've never heard of the 'Wordless Book', but out of curiosity, how do you teach (with words?) a book that is 'wordless'? (Forgive my ignorance).

On 10/23/2018 at 11:25 AM, Yowm said:

I've never heard of the 'Wordless Book', but out of curiosity, how do you teach (with words?) a book that is 'wordless'? (Forgive my ignorance).

The three colors are sufficient to train the mind to "see" the words of the Bible as it relates to man's depraved condition, his need for salvation, and his washed condition as a saint  under the Lordship of Jesus.  That is the point of three leaf book of no words, it brings the words of the Bible to the mind for the practice of them as each day goes along. The mind having been trained to  know the word of God, the three pages becomes simply color coded filing folders. The book can be any practical size from matchbook  to table top Bible size. It is especially good for a conversation starter.

Thanks for asking-

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

https://chordify.net/chords/wordless-book-song-k-gillmore  Lyric cords and vocal sound used with th eexpanded list of colors  of the wordless book by CEF and others.

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Ok, so words were involved previously, which begs the question, 'why the need for a wordless book?'

Don't answer, it's just a rhetorical question.

But there is a real practical answer- Those that have difficulty reading especially those that we were working with, fully adult individuals  some of whom could not even articulate well enough to speak sentences could still have the joy of following along and even answering questions about our Lord and savior. Each would have access to the colors  just colored sheet paper and they would decide which color represented what we were talking about. They then could receive praise for their efforts in learning same as more able members of the class. Others could memorize verses and recite them. least in part and associate them with  a segment of the gospel.

For the young, just kids in general it is a fun way for them to start searching the Bible for verses sifting through them for application to their lives and to use them for guidance in their own decision making. AND it is a real Bible Tract too! Try walking along reading  wordless colored sheets of paper reciting Bible verses, and hand out a few extra.  When asked what's this? It is then game on. 

Edited by Neighbor

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/23/2018 at 3:32 PM, Yowm said:

Or if one 'teaches the class', how do you teach without words? Even pictures and signs are meaningless to our minds if there is not a word associated with the sign/picture.

I don't know if your question was ever fully addressed beyond Spurgeon's mention of 3 colors?

Before a Christian were to pass these along, a brief explanation is given first prior to handing a recipient one.

Giving the recipient a reminder "in color" of what the colors represent pertaining to the Gospel for further reflection later.

Prior to a booklet or bracelet being handed out, one briefly walks through the colors as follows, along with a few verses from the Bible.
A Gospel Tract accompanying the "color book" is a great idea too!

Gold: Representing heaven. A beautiful eternal place where God resides.
Revelation 21:18  And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Revelation 21:21  And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

Black: Representing the sinfulness of all people before Almighty God.
Romans 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
  A mention of the eternal darkness of Hell too for any who die without Christ.
Psalms 9:17  The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Red: Representing the precious shed blood of Jesus Christ, that can cleanse anyone who would call upon Him for the forgiveness of their sins.
Matthew 26:28  For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Colossians 1:14  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

White: Representing the cleansing from our sins and being made clean before God.
Acts 26:18  To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
Psalms 51:7  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

Green: Representing the need for the new Christian to grow in Christ, as we prayerfully look to His Bible for all of life's answers.
1 Peter 2:2  As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

I've seen this in a beaded "bracelet" form too with kids, Christian motorcyclist, etc, as they share their faith with other lost.
And on tables in a small clear bags, with an explanation included as they hand them out to folks.
I've used this form of evangelism/teaching on occasion. There are a few ministries that sell these online. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

If I am not mistaken it is taking words to signify the meaning of the colors, no?

Si si Senor' !
I was just mentioning the way in which it is generally done while evangelizing. That did not seem to be covered real well.
But one of many ways in which we can prayerfully reach the lost young and old alike!

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,201
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

This is the song I remember -

`My heart was black as sin, until the Saviour came in,     (black page)

His precious blood I know has washed me white as snow,    (red and white pages)

And in His word I`m told, I`ll walk the streets of gold,    (gold page)

Oh wonderful, wonderful day, when He washed my sins away.`

I agree with most of it except the `walk the streets of gold,` whereas I believe God`s word says the Body of Christ will be in the third heaven with Christ.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Yes Marilyn, in my childhood at sunday school, we used the wordless book in conjunction with the song so that we had both the song and the colours as a "double whammy," It was all a bit of a challenge for us as kids, as we had to synchronise the pages with the right colours as we sang the song, a lot of fun as I remember. As always, I hope this helps for those who hadn't heard of the "Wordless Book" before, blessings.

• Thumbs Up 1