Sign in to follow this  
Scott Free

The Great Whore is N.Y.C., Change My Mind

Personally, I take the Book of Daniel and Revelation in context. That is; the who, what, where, when and why's. The purpose of the Book of Revelation is the unveiling of Jesus Christ, the call for national spiritual repentance of the nation of Israel and for the end of Gentile rule. The center and focus is on Israel and the 70th week of Daniel, the time of Jacob's trouble. In other words; its focus is on that Continent; Europe, the Middle East and Israel in particular. 

Does it stand to reason that the Bible was divinely inspired and written so that their generation, and all future generations could read and understand it? Does it stand to reason that the Apostles in general, and the Apostle John in particular would use code words in place of "Rome"? If disparaging or criticizing words or writings of Rome or Roman's were discovered; they would have been imprisoned or put to death. Therefore; it's my belief "Mystery Babylon" is an actual city, Rome in general and the Vatican RCC in particular. As a matter of fact, the Vatican is its own country and has a seat at the U.N.

I could go into the details, but Revelation 17: is a perfect match for the Vatican; their past and current history, their excessive wealth and global holdings, influence over global kings historically to present, even the color of their priestly garments, sitting on seven hills, etc. I believe we could even identify "Mystery Babylon" as a system.

Anyway, right or wrong that's my long held view

17 minutes ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

You cannot make such association but by the lie. 

Why is it that when there's a disagreement, one or the other person is accused of "lying?"  Why can't we just be discussing things how we see them without such accusations?  I don't see any intent to deceive.  Lying speaks to motive so be careful.  You can disagree all you want but speaking to someone's motive takes it to a different level.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

11 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

Then how do you reconcile this?

• And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints and of all who have been slain on the earth.”  Revelation 18:24

If it's not a spiritual entity then how is it possible for the blood of all who have been slain on the earth to be ascribed to NYC? 

• And on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, “BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.”  Revelation 17:5

And how can NYC be considered the mother of harlots and abominations?

It's a historical fact In the history of the RCC, they have martyred and murdered more Saints than Islam has even dreamed about. According to my interpretation of Revelation, I believe in the end-times that's going to repeat.

1 minute ago, Dennis1209 said:

Does it stand to reason that the Bible was divinely inspired and written so that their generation, and all future generations could read and understand it? Does it stand to reason that the Apostles in general, and the Apostle John in particular would use code words in place of "Rome"? If disparaging or criticizing words or writings of Rome or Roman's were discovered; they would have been imprisoned or put to death. Therefore; it's my belief "Mystery Babylon" is an actual city, Rome in general and the Vatican RCC in particular. As a matter of fact, the Vatican is its own country and has a seat at the U.N.

I don't disagree with Rome being the natural manifestation of "Babylon" in the first century.  I'm not so sure that the title still holds true today though.  I guess we'll only know for sure when we see how things play out.

2 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

mother of harlots and abominations

Yes, the US prostitutes herself out to all the nations, this is well established. Also, New York and her sister Hollywood are polluting the world with their lust and sensuality. Thus being an abomination upon the earth. Revelation 18:24 is a very good point. It does not say she was around that long, only she has inherited the focus of this displeasure from God. Remember, the 246 years of cruel slavery New York merchants imposed upon the world so the Colonies could have more luxury goods from Europe. Not to mention genocide of the Native Americans.  

2 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I don't disagree with Rome being the natural manifestation of "Babylon" in the first century.  I'm not so sure that the title still holds true today though.  I guess we'll only know for sure when we see how things play out.

Well, let's look at some facts and influence.

In living memory, whom is one of the fist people a U.S. President, world leader visits shortly after taking office, and what do you suppose they talk about [the Pope]?

Name a couple of countries that doesn't have massive amounts of RCC cathedrals / churches?

Whom did Rome [the Vatican] side with during WW II, and what actions did they take or not take? 

The Vatican has massive holdings and control in Jerusalem few know about. Since the 4th century their wealth, holdings, influence and church-state ideology continues to grow.  They are the worlds largest religious organization closely followed by Islam. 

Just my thoughts anyway.

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Well, let's look at some facts and influence.

In living memory, whom is one of the fist people a U.S. President, world leader visits shortly after taking office, and what do you suppose they talk about [the Pope]?

Name a couple of countries that doesn't have massive amounts of RCC cathedrals / churches?

Whom did Rome [the Vatican] side with during WW II, and what actions did they take or not take? 

The Vatican has massive holdings and control in Jerusalem few know about. Since the 4th century their wealth, holdings, influence and church-state ideology continues to grow.  They are the worlds largest religious organization closely followed by Islam. 

Just my thoughts anyway.

I understand that, Dennis.  I just see the RCC as a portion of what makes up Babylon, and not the whole.

12 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

Yes, the US prostitutes herself out to all the nations, this is well established. Also, New York and her sister Hollywood are polluting the world with their lust and sensuality. Thus being an abomination upon the earth. Revelation 18:24 is a very good point. It does not say she was around that long, only she has inherited the focus of this displeasure from God. Remember, the 246 years of cruel slavery New York merchants imposed upon the world so the Colonies could have more luxury goods from Europe. Not to mention genocide of the Native Americans.  

Where did unfaithfulness begin?  In the garden of Eden.  Who was responsible?  Satan.

14 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

The Vatican has massive holdings

This idea of Vatican City or Rome being the Whore becomes invalid when considering all the prophecies as a whole. Examples: Where is the large harbor between two rivers? Where is the kingdom over all the kings of the earth? Where is the immoral pollution really coming from? Where is their military defeat of the Dragon? Where is their dominance over Europe and the Middle East?

Edited by Scott Free

14 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I tend to agree with this.  I think that NYC is the earthly manifestation of the great whore, the great whore being the influence of spiritual wickedness in high places on the human race.  It's the "seen" volcano that spews the hidden magma.

I think the most telling aspect of the narrative is that it is the city that reigns over the kings of the earth.  With the UN being the fulfillment of the feet of iron and clay world kingdom, and the UN being headquartered in NYC, it all fits.

What OldScot didt write it is exactly what Satan did with Eve to deceive her with the own Word of God - the Word is God. There is not forgiveness for this kind of sin. God cursed Satan because of this.

JESUS warned, saying: Mat.12:36-37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

1 Petter 4:17-18

17 For the time is come that Judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Sign in to follow this