• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/03/1990

Did you ever asked yourself how much You love Jesus?

We know Jesus loves us and what He did for us, but what do YOU do for Him?

I think its important to ask that question to ourself� because you never hear any sermons about this topic, how much do we love Jesus???

How much do we really Trust Him??

Angels

Love..........a very used or sometimes abused word.....The Love of Jesus is beyond our finite understanding...yes the love of God for me,you,the lost humanity...wow...

we say I love you,we sing about it.....we write about it...love,lovely,loveable,lovong,beloved ,....but we tend to love someone or something that we like,that satisfies us,our love is not unconditional,actually really is conditional and conditioned.....His love for us is unconditional....I mean can you love a criminal that slaughtered millions of people like Hitler did? if you say yes I don't believe you.....but Hitler was included in the lost humanity for which Jesus died..on that horrible cross.....wow..it blows me...

Yes,I love Jesus cause He loved me first..but do I love Him enough? like He loved me and loves me?

I wish I could say yes...but it would be an outright lie...my love for Him is so imperfect..tainted by my flesh...my sinful human nature...the new man in me loves Him with the perfect love of His Spirit ....but I have to yield to the Spirit everyday,moment by moment....it is tough Angels....tough stuff....well,you know what? I leave to Him to judge if I love Him truly and I know that if I am lacking ( for sure I am,I know) He will help me,while we wlk together hand in hand ,His hand holding mine,He will increase my love for Him,

so I trust wub.gif

JC49, this is SO true. I am struggling right now..................I feel pretty empty most of the time. The faith of my youth, how I long for it now. I feel like life has beaten it out of me. I keep praying and praying but right now, I struggle. The things you just said...................maybe I'm going about this wrong or something, I don't know.

I know I love Jesus too, very much. Of course, because he loved me first. But, I want to love him more and more and more. Because it is the right place for me. As he said if I love HIM I have to obey HIM. I always want to but many times I couldn't. May GOD help us all to love HIM each and ever day.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

LK 7:36 Now one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, so he went to the Pharisee's house and reclined at the table. 37 When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, 38 and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

LK 7:39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is--that she is a sinner."

LK 7:40 Jesus answered him, "Simon, I have something to tell you."

"Tell me, teacher," he said.

LK 7:41 "Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he canceled the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?"

LK 7:43 Simon replied, "I suppose the one who had the bigger debt canceled."

"You have judged correctly," Jesus said.

LK 7:44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little."

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I like this quote from C.S Lewis: Aim for heaven and you get earth thrown in, aim for earth, and you get neither.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

l have to agree wth Peter. l phileo God. He agapes me. My love is so imperfect and incomplete when compared to His. My love fails but His never fails.

l can only be thankful for His incomprehensible Love which continue to love this sinner saved purely by grace.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Did you ever asked yourself how much You love Jesus?

We know Jesus loves us and what He did for us, but what do YOU do for Him?

I think its important to ask that question to ourself� because you never hear any sermons about this topic, how much do we love Jesus???

How much do we really Trust Him??

Angels

Love..........a very used or sometimes abused word.....The Love of Jesus is beyond our finite understanding...yes the love of God for me,you,the lost humanity...wow...

we say I love you,we sing about it.....we write about it...love,lovely,loveable,lovong,beloved ,....but we tend to love someone or something that we like,that satisfies us,our love is not unconditional,actually really is conditional and conditioned.....His love for us is unconditional....I mean can you love a criminal that slaughtered millions of people like Hitler did? if you say yes I don't believe you.....but Hitler was included in the lost humanity for which Jesus died..on that horrible cross.....wow..it blows me...

Yes,I love Jesus cause He loved me first..but do I love Him enough? like He loved me and loves me?

I wish I could say yes...but it would be an outright lie...my love for Him is so imperfect..tainted by my flesh...my sinful human nature...the new man in me loves Him with the perfect love of His Spirit ....but I have to yield to the Spirit everyday,moment by moment....it is tough Angels....tough stuff....well,you know what? I leave to Him to judge if I love Him truly and I know that if I am lacking ( for sure I am,I know) He will help me,while we wlk together hand in hand ,His hand holding mine,He will increase my love for Him,

so I trust wub.gif

JC49, this is SO true. I am struggling right now..................I feel pretty empty most of the time. The faith of my youth, how I long for it now. I feel like life has beaten it out of me. I keep praying and praying but right now, I struggle. The things you just said...................maybe I'm going about this wrong or something, I don't know.

I know I love Jesus too, very much. Of course, because he loved me first. But, I want to love him more and more and more. Because it is the right place for me. As he said if I love HIM I have to obey HIM. I always want to but many times I couldn't. May GOD help us all to love HIM each and ever day.

A good 1st post start :thumbsup: Welcome to Worthy!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

I believe the question borders on the silly. It's a little like "I'm more spiritual that you because I love Jesus more." There are no degrees of Biblical love. Biblical love is not romantic love. Either we love Jesus or we don't. Either we obey Jesus or we don't. We may feel more joy at times in our relationship with Jesus because of circumstances around us and what we believe He is doing in our lives. Biblical love is what you do not what you feel.

I believe the question borders on the silly. It's a little like "I'm more spiritual that you because I love Jesus more." There are no degrees of Biblical love. Biblical love is not romantic love. Either we love Jesus or we don't. Either we obey Jesus or we don't. We may feel more joy at times in our relationship with Jesus because of circumstances around us and what we believe He is doing in our lives. Biblical love is what you do not what you feel.

Step

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

By Step

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

He Grows A Little Closer

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  295
  • Birthday:  04/26/1932

Step

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3

By Step

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. Romans 1:17

He Grows A Little Closer

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. Psalms 42:1

Ahhh, how does your post relate to mine?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  195
  • Birthday:  03/25/1993

There are no degrees of Biblical love.

This statement is not true at all. Jesus himself teaches contrary to it:

Luke 7:42 And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?

43 Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.

44 And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.

45 Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

46 My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.

47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.