• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/17/1958

2 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

It seems like the contents of our grey matter perishes with the rest of the body. Only our naked spirit will remain, save the nonpunishable garments we acquired. 

Well Scott. I believe that all will be there. Our born again soul, the spirit God gave us, and the glorified body. God's creation restored to what it was intended to be in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

2 minutes ago, S.C.1 said:

born again soul, the spirit God gave us, and the glorified body

Sorry, none of these entities have permanent ties with the flesh.

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. - Ecclesiastes 9:5

For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind. - Isaiah 65:17

for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust. The life of mortals is like grass, they flourish like a flower of the field;
the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. Psalms 103:14-16

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. - Revelation 21:4

When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day his plans perish - Psalm 146:4

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. - Romans 8:18

• Group:  Members

1 minute ago, Scott Free said:

Sorry, none of these entities have permanent ties with the flesh.

Your response boggles me. You don't believe that at the rapture, we receive our glorified body? Of course they have no ties to this sinful flesh. What did you think I meant?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

5 minutes ago, S.C.1 said:

What did you think I meant?

I thought we were discussing our ties to family members and the effect they will have on us in the afterlife.

• Group:  Members

1 minute ago, Scott Free said:

I thought we were discussing our ties to family members and the effect they will have on us in the afterlife.

Well, the OP was about joy in heaven even though a bunch of our loved one chose not to be there. Our understanding will be perfect at that time. We'll understand that "it is what it is" and be comforted by the Lord until the tears are wiped away by God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God says

Ezek 33:11

11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
KJV

there will be no pleasure for all of us and the sorrow will not be gone from this till God wipes the memory completely away presented in the begin of the eternal state...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

God says

Ezek 33:11

11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
KJV

there will be no pleasure for all of us and the sorrow will not be gone from this till God wipes the memory completely away presented in the begin of the eternal state...

I agree with your timing. The way I'm understanding, we will have those memories of our unsaved lost ones until after the millennium if I'm understanding correctly. However, as I brought up previously, does that seem logical that the Lord will erase part of our memory (wiping away our tears)? 

God didn't create His angels or humanity as robots or yes beings, His family was given free will and choice. I may be wrong, but I don't see our Lord taking away any part of our essence, true selves and being to accomplish it. Naturally I can't prove it or quote scripture to support my thoughts, but a more reasonable explanation might be we will be made aware of the plan of Salvation fully, and God's plans from before the beginning of creation and His perfect will. So much so that it more than satisfies our thoughts of our lost loved ones and their separation and punishment. 

It still hurts so very deeply and we don't fully understand yet, but we have to remember "our loved ones" made a personal decision and "choice" to eternally reject Jesus as their own personal Lord and Savior. Acceptance or rejection is an eternal decision each of us must make. 

In addition to my above assumptions, I suspect we will be kept busy with our assigned duties and responsibilities, we will not be idle. Ever had a job or project you were so involved with that your mind didn't drift to thinking about something else? Perhaps Heaven and our eventual eternal home in the New Jerusalem will be so comforting, joyful and seeing and talking to Jesus, the faithful throughout all of history; the things we can do, see (maybe the entire light spectrum, see music dancing off of instruments, unimaginable colors and vivid details), touch, smell (better than a bear), taste fully, physically going to places instantly just by thought that are unimaginable, eagerly serving and worshiping our Lord and Savior. 

Maybe this is but a pipe dream of mine, but personally I can't reason that the Lord will remove sections of our memories? How could we fully appreciate what Jesus Christ did on the Cross for us if our memories are wiped clean?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I agree with your timing. The way I'm understanding, we will have those memories of our unsaved lost ones until after the millennium if I'm understanding correctly. However, as I brought up previously, does that seem logical that the Lord will erase part of our memory (wiping away our tears)? 

God didn't create His angels or humanity as robots or yes beings, His family was given free will and choice. I may be wrong, but I don't see our Lord taking away any part of our essence, true selves and being to accomplish it. Naturally I can't prove it or quote scripture to support my thoughts, but a more reasonable explanation might be we will be made aware of the plan of Salvation fully, and God's plans from before the beginning of creation and His perfect will. So much so that it more than satisfies our thoughts of our lost loved ones and their separation and punishment. 

It still hurts so very deeply and we don't fully understand yet, but we have to remember "our loved ones" made a personal decision and "choice" to eternally reject Jesus as their own personal Lord and Savior. Acceptance or rejection is an eternal decision each of us must make. 

In addition to my above assumptions, I suspect we will be kept busy with our assigned duties and responsibilities, we will not be idle. Ever had a job or project you were so involved with that your mind didn't drift to thinking about something else? Perhaps Heaven and our eventual eternal home in the New Jerusalem will be so comforting, joyful and seeing and talking to Jesus, the faithful throughout all of history; the things we can do, see (maybe the entire light spectrum, see music dancing off of instruments, unimaginable colors and vivid details), touch, smell (better than a bear), taste fully, physically going to places instantly just by thought that are unimaginable, eagerly serving and worshiping our Lord and Savior. 

Maybe this is but a pipe dream of mine, but personally I can't reason that the Lord will remove sections of our memories? How could we fully appreciate what Jesus Christ did on the Cross for us if our memories are wiped clean?

There was never a place created in the beginning for sin or it's practice (the sanctification of created essence Gen 2:1-3 )... Hell was created for after the fact of satan's rebellion for it is said

Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
KJV

It important to realize that if God's holiness is hatred of sin then this below speaks volumes to us of 1st creation and it's removal

Jude 23

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

Plus literally to the nth

Rev 21:4-5

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
KJV

this as well is substantiated by this Scripture

1 Cor 2:9

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
KJV

So God will connect us to His thoughts of us before we were ever created with the eternal state and the rest will never have existed fulfilling God's Word 'making all things new'... I believe the most important aspect of thought is that sin was never a necessary thing and has no place with God or His people in the eternal state...

Edited by enoob57
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

There was never a place created in the beginning for sin or it's practice (the sanctification of created essence Gen 2:1-3 )... Hell was created for after the fact of satan's rebellion for it is said

Matt 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
KJV

It important to realize that if God's holiness is hatred of sin then this below speaks volumes to us of 1st creation and it's removal

Jude 23

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

Plus literally to the nth

Rev 21:4-5

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
KJV

this as well is substantiated by this Scripture

1 Cor 2:9

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
KJV

So God will connect us to His thoughts of us before we were ever created with the eternal state and the rest will never have existed fulfilling God's Word 'making all things new'... I believe the most important aspect of thought is that sin was never a necessary thing and has no place with God or His people in the eternal state...

Yes, all things new, complete and eternally perfect, Enoob57, which makes the Lamb slain for our salvation very mysterious.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

I want to thank everyone for all your support and encouragement.  I have learned heaps from all you have shared with me and by the scriptures you included in your responses!  Thanks so much...you have taught me so much!

God bless you all!

• Loved it! 2