• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The fact that I can’t ride my Harley for almost half the year here in southern Ohio is awful. My best friend goes to Florida in the winter but claims riding down there is so boring because of the lack of hills or curvy roads or anything of interest, He no longer takes his bike with him. So what’s an Outlaw Biker like myself to do? Lol......

Um . . . move to Arizona?  :laugh:

But you still wouldn't be able to ride half the year here, unless you wanted to roast in the summer. I know some folks that do, and its an experience best done with proper riding gear. I like the Harleys and other bikes with loud exhaust when I'm driving - because then I know they are there. The silent ones can sneak up on you too easily, but I still look for motorcycles.

Plenty of hills and curvy roads north of here - but you have to survive the bad drivers first! Some of these folks can't seem to keep the shiny side up, much less see a vehicle the size of a bus or big truck. Just passed someone who'd rear ended a city bus an hour ago. How do you not see a big white box in your lane in broad daylight?! (Texting, maybe?) 

18 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Hanging between 31-33 degrees all day. Had a heavy powdering of snow late yesterday afternoon. Got an unusual call that Wed. Bible study called off because of the weather / roads. I was looking forward to see if I could keep the car on the slick country roads in the dark or not ? I thought I'd drive the wife's car, you know... Just in case.

Maybe it's just my perception, but here in NW Tennessee, it seems we didn't have any fall, went directly from summer weather to winter?

I dont think we did either but then Im new to this sub tropic climate. Im white knuckling it this first yr with not really knowing what to expect. 

Im used to kinda cold winters being from Prescott Az. It was a dry cold. Totally different. 

Praise the Lord for all my new experiences! 

Edited by 1sheep

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,466
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, 1sheep said:

I dont think we did either but then Im new to this sub tropic climate. Im white knuckling it this first yr with not really knowing what to expect. 

Im used to kinda cold winters being from Prescott Az. It was a dry cold. Totally different. 

Praise the Lord for all my new experiences! 

I moved from the St. Louis area to northern Tennessee. Just a couple of hundred miles South and I noticed a big difference. Tried all my life to beat my friends and coworkers by having the first ripe tomato by July 4th, it never happened. Down here if the spring is normal, ripe tomatoes toward the end of June is easy. Seems it's about two weeks ahead weather wise from where I lived. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I moved from the St. Louis area to northern Tennessee. Just a couple of hundred miles South and I noticed a big difference. Tried all my life to beat my friends and coworkers by having the first ripe tomato by July 4th, it never happened. Down here if the spring is normal, ripe tomatoes toward the end of June is easy. Seems it's about two weeks ahead weather wise from where I lived. 

I look forward to growing some big beefy tomatoes. Do you grow from seed? 

Just now, 1sheep said:

I look forward to growing some big beefy tomatoes. Do you grow from seed? 

No, too lazy and don't have a place to put them with sun. I buy those six packs already started. Put out 42 plants last year, in addition to the other stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

No, too lazy and don't have a place to put them with sun. I buy those six packs already started. Put out 42 plants last year, in addition to the other stuff. 

Maybe next yr after last frost we can do a OP about our veggie gardens. Im a total amatuer. I could learn from others. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, PepperS said:

My husband grows tomatos. I plan on spending my summer in the pool. Can't wait.

I grew some on a patio this year. I got one tomato! I kid you not! One little tomato is all I got! Then I didn't even get it eat it. My kid ate it. I said I am done. Done with trying to grow things in pots. Here I got a photo of it. 

39891619_1222703154549816_7788910216199798784_n.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, walla299 said:

Um . . . move to Arizona?  :laugh:

But you still wouldn't be able to ride half the year here, unless you wanted to roast in the summer. I know some folks that do, and its an experience best done with proper riding gear. I like the Harleys and other bikes with loud exhaust when I'm driving - because then I know they are there. The silent ones can sneak up on you too easily, but I still look for motorcycles.

Plenty of hills and curvy roads north of here - but you have to survive the bad drivers first! Some of these folks can't seem to keep the shiny side up, much less see a vehicle the size of a bus or big truck. Just passed someone who'd rear ended a city bus an hour ago. How do you not see a big white box in your lane in broad daylight?! (Texting, maybe?) 

I have been riding since I was 15..... 50 years of riding and the only reason I am alive I s that I have learned to assume anybody at a red light or intersection that CAN pull out on me WILL pull out in front of me.I have my hand poised to pull the front brake and watch the guy at the intersection like a hawk.90 % of biker deaths happen to those riding less than 6 months— they never learned that lesson in many cases, until it was too late.I pray a lot too—- always before I leave my driveway.That is the best thing to do.

35 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I grew some on a patio this year. I got one tomato! I kid you not! One little tomato is all I got! Then I didn't even get it eat it. My kid ate it. I said I am done. Done with trying to grow things in pots. Here I got a photo of it. 

39891619_1222703154549816_7788910216199798784_n.jpg

I've tried growing them in five gallon "plastic" buckets myself with no luck. They start off great and as the summer warms up they die, even with tender care. I have a neighbor who grows all their tomato's and vegetables in very large clay pots (15 - 20 gallons maybe), and I'm here to tell ya, WOW! I'm thinking there's not enough soil in five gallons and the roots get too hot, or something plants don't like about plastic?