sermonindex

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I took a look at the mixed up video of Francis Chan's called "Are You Destroying The Church." It contains some truth, some Scripture twisting, and some error.
He implies a unity at all cost mentality, or "god" will destroy those speaking out against his version of so called "unity."
A tactic that I've seen for many years by those who are in error used to "silence" any nah sayers, with a "curse of death from God" mentality if you were dare to speak up.

On the side of error, Mr. Chan sided with a number of "known names" in our generation that others brought up in this forum. 
Rick Warren, who embraces the Emergent church. Mark Driscoll with his filthy "potty mouth." Mike Bickle with his "dominion theology," and "mystical centering prayers." And John Piper, a Lectio Divina advocate in the past, who boarders into Contemplative prayer by embracing the mystic Richard Foster, and says of Rick Warren “At root I think he is theological and doctrinal and sound.”

These are but a small number that are entrenched in mixing up the Gospel with the world. The "world" is in much of the church now, when we are "supposed" to be a light to the world, not the other way around allowing the dark light of the sinful world into the church. 

Mr. Chan, who sides with them over Saints who would Biblically expose their errors to be "divisive," and to have nothing to do with them after two warnings.

In obfuscating the meaning of the verse he brought up that is found in Titus 3:10, he goes about twisting it to protect the guilty, while calling out those who point out their errors as being the divisive ones who don't want the unity he speaks of.

He goes on and on about God destroying the temple, which we are, and then implies "god" will destroy you. Followed up by asking:
16:54
"Are you going to bash Rick Warren? This is a guy who loves the Lord."
Are you going to attack Mark Driscoll, are you going to attack John Piper? Are you going to attack Mike Bickle?

17:45
"And I'm reading this, and I'm like, "god, how come more people aren't dead?"
"...And here's what I hear from the lord, they haven't been warned."
"The church hasn't warned people. We listen to gossip."
 "...Warn the divisive person, warn them again, then the bible says have nothing to do with them."
It's like, if your going to keep striking the temple, then I need to get away from you."
(Referring to any who would dare critique Rick Warren, Mark Driscoll, John Piper, Mike Bickle and many others like them.)

While I'm not sure what Bible version Mr. Chan is quoting from, this is one of the places where the KJV carries more depth. In Titus 3:10, it uses the word "heretic" where a version like the ISV would use the word "divisive" the word that Mr. Chan used.
Either version however, states in the following verse, that the individual is sinning, and condemned of himself.

Are people who "rightly" point out God's truths for the love of the Body of Christ to keep them from the wolves sinning and commending themselves? No, of course not!

(KJV) Titus 3:10-11  A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;  (11)  Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
(ISV) Titus 3:10-11  Have nothing to do with a divisive person after you have warned him once or twice.  (11)  For you know that a person like this is corrupt and keeps on sinning, being self-condemned.

Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary (In part)
DIVISIVE, a.
1. Forming division or distribution.
2. Creating division or discord.

HER'ETIC, n.
1. A person under any religion, but particularly the christian, who holds and teaches opinions repugnant to the established faith, or that which is made the standard of orthodoxy. In strictness, among christians, a person who holds and avows religious opinions contrary to the doctrines of Scripture, the only rule of faith and practice.
2. Any one who maintains erroneous opinions.

Mr. Chan mentions "gossip" not in context of what a true sinful gossip is, but twist the meaning of the word towards any that would dare speak out against any questionable or outright false "preachers" in our day. Even if they themselves speak well outside of God's Word, taking it out of context.
Those that speak out against these men, as the Word of God calls some to do in the Body of Christ by Mr. Chan's statements, he is basically saying we are "idle tattlers, idle talkers, those who tell idle tales."

Nothing could be further from the Truth. Handling the Word of God in context, and exposing error as was often done in the New and Old Testaments does not qualify as "gossip."
Would Mr. Chan rebuke the Apostles and Prophets for calling out ungodly false men and women who were mockers, false teachers, hypocrites and liars as "gossips" as well?

GOS'SIP, n.
One who runs from house to house, tattling and telling news; an idle tattler.
Mere tattle; idle talk.
To run about and tattle; to tell idle tales.

In the above, this side of Mr. Chan's "love" is lacking, and "crazy."
He would do well to heed those who are called to be the "eyes" in the Body of Christ as they present God's Word against fallacious teachings.

On a another note of interest, Francis Chan from some of his past has an "Evangelicals and (Roman) Catholics Together" mentality.

"And virtually every doctrine that can be found in evangelical Christianity is also reflected in Catholicism." - Francis Chan

As an "ex Roman Catholic" myself, he must not understand Roman Catholicism very well with it's Transubstantiation christ, a christ who is sacrificed time and time again as Rome twist about the metaphorical meaning found in John 6:53-56.

He died ONCE and for ALL:
John 19:30  When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and He bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

For ANY who would call upon Him:
Romans 10:12-13  For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon Him.  (13)  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

@sermonindex

On 11/20/2018 at 10:44 PM, Cobalt1959 said:

Also, why would you be posting statistics taken from a Catholic website?

Good point. A few quotes from the pro RCC link Greg Gordon has provided with these "42,000 denominational" statistics:

"For Protestants, this site makes a strong case against Protestantism and makes a strong case for Catholicism."

Followed by a suggested prayer towards the dead from the same site, sinful prayers towards the deceased Mary, which is a form of necromancy which God forbids. Calling for "Our Lady of Fatima" (Mary) to "pray for us" and "save a soul...:

"This site is under the patroness of Our Lady of Fatima. Our Lady of Fatima, guide our words so that we may bring souls closer to the Word (John 1:1,14; Hebrews 4:12-15). Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us. Our Lady of Fatima, save a soul, forgetting not our own."

The page goes on making a case for the falsehood of ecumenicism, the very thing Francis Chan is now embracing.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

He implies a unity at all cost mentality, or "god" will destroy those speaking out against his version of so called "unity

And also we should have seen how Kenneth Copeland himself said his lil speech about this unity and healing the wound .

Then went on to say ,       and most of the church he is sorry to say has not got on to this yet ,  and then goes on to say   , WELL THEY BETTER .

If they are already under the guise of the so called unity and truly already think its gods will.

IF they are already getting into the mindset that those who go against this are going against gods will,

IF they already believing god will destroy all who do not do so .

THEN alas , HOW EASY it will be when their so called god stands in the holy place and says ,   TIME TO RID THE EARTH OF ALL who did not

conform to this inclusive unity for world peace .

IF we cant see both where and who this is leading folks to and too.   And if we cant see the days we in ,

my suggestion is pray seek and knock , ask and eyes will be made very clear .

They are already under a strong influence of a very dark spirit .    And this spirit and spirits are appearing as light to them , but beware for its not Light .

And if the light that is in them be darkness,  then WOE that darkness is great .

Look closely .   The new goal has become unity at all costs , an inclusiveness yet not under Christ nor for truth .

And if we think this cant move with break neck speed ,    any delusion can .    Look how fast tornoto so called blessing tore through the world .

And via internet instant knowledge , oh how fast this can tear and will tear through the land .

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

He implies a unity at all cost mentality, or "god" will destroy those speaking out against his version of so called "unity

And also we should have seen how Kenneth Copeland himself said his lil speech about this unity and healing the wound .

Then went on to say ,       and most of the church he is sorry to say has not got on to this yet ,  and then goes on to say   , WELL THEY BETTER .

If they are already under the guise of the so called unity and truly already think its gods will.

IF they are already getting into the mindset that those who go against this are going against gods will,

IF they already believing god will destroy all who do not do so .

THEN alas , HOW EASY it will be when their so called god stands in the holy place and says ,   TIME TO RID THE EARTH OF ALL who did not

conform to this inclusive unity for world peace .

IF we cant see both where and who this is leading folks to and too.   And if we cant see the days we in ,

my suggestion is pray seek and knock , ask and eyes will be made very clear .

They are already under a strong influence of a very dark spirit .    And this spirit and spirits are appearing as light to them , but beware for its not Light .

And if the light that is in them be darkness,  then WOE that darkness is great .

Look closely .   The new goal has become unity at all costs , an inclusiveness yet not under Christ nor for truth .

And if we think this cant move with break neck speed ,    any delusion can .    Look how fast tornoto so called blessing tore through the world .

And via internet instant knowledge , oh how fast this can tear and will tear through the land .

That's a pattern of deception, condemnation to those who will question the new movement. Toronto said you could be part of the great falling away, blaspheming the Holy Spirit if you turn and reject what you see today, choose this day whom you will serve..... blah blah blah. And it doesn't stop. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 minutes ago, Zemke said:

That's a pattern of deception, condemnation to those who will question the new movement. Toronto said you could be part of the great falling away, blaspheming the Holy Spirit if you turn and reject what you see today, choose this day whom you will serve..... blah blah blah. And it doesn't stop. 

No it don't stop,  in fact its only getting way worse in its delusion .

And I , for one , am going to do all by the grace of Christ to continue to expose this monster .    Knowing full well, this lie comes not from God .

Its simply a delusion that will lead the world and religions and faiths as one to unite under a one common inclusive god , who will then rise up

and with kings hunt for the true lambs .  LOOK at who this spirit hates .    They include every sin just about ,  and it only rebukes the faithful who warn .

Just remember this ,   they are but men and can kill only the body .   And yes they will believe they do gods will when we are rounded up and killed .

I honestly don't think some realize when it says that all not in the lambs book of life will worship the beast ,  how true this is .

And that GOD does send a strong delusion and that all who rejected the love of the truth will believe that lie .

I have never seen spirits now with such speed uniting everything contrary to Christ to become as one .

I mean , not only has sin risen to a level world wide and no longer hidden but celebrated

but at the same time we got THIS move , uniting all under a common banner of unity and peace with a false love .

I truly don't think many see how clear this is and that something key In Daniel had to occur , BEFORE the dark king rises .

transgressors had to come to the full , and WOE they surely are .   And then BY PEACE ,  yeah you heard that word right ,  byPEACE shall he destroy many .

Not a bit of this is coinincidence , ITS PROPHECY that was long ago given faithful men who wrote it down so the true church would know .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

The problem is WE do need unity but not all costs. I don't have the patience nor the inclination to listen to this guys videos. But I do know that the condition of the Christian community right now is not good. It's not of God and you can't lead anyone to Lord the way we are now. Right now we look like a bunch of crazy people who all think they know the truth but they can't agree on anything. This is no good. I just don't have the answer nor will I pretend to.