RevelationWriter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

True, but one IS of the root..the other is grafted in...adopted so to speak.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 1/20/2019 at 1:08 AM, Jostler said:
“I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich); and I know the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

Jesus warned us that there were those who claimed to be Jews back in the day John  wrote Revelation.  Their numbers have not diminished since that warning was issued.

Romans 2:28–29 (AV)
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans 9:6 (AV)
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

• Thumbs Up 1

Revelation 2:9,  John 8:44, another place in Revelation... synagogue of Satan...

Don't be too quick to judge.

In Matthew 16:13-23 the over all point Jesus was making is that

1. the things of God and the things of man are not the same
  2. the things of man are of Satan the devil

You will also note that the same man, Simon Peter, was on both sides of the fence.

Shall we accept the fact that our human nature, our sin nature is of Satan the devil and is what we must struggle with daily... 

Or shall we deny it and play right into the deceiver's hand?

What sets us apart from the synagogues of Satan or the secular palaces and stadiums of Satan? et al.

Our faith in Christ Jesus. Period.

Edited by JohnD

Do you hold to the belief that Yehuda ben Kiriyot was [the man] possessed by Satan himself?

There is a reference in Acts 5 to Satan filling the hearts of Ananias and Sapphira...  but as far as I can tell the only reference to Satan taking possession of a man is Luke 22:3 and the cross reference in John 13:27.

In acts 1:25 it is said of Judas that he went "to his own place" in death.

And there are those who hold to him being a scribe (having access to the Sanhedrin and was a spy for them)...

And he quite possible could be the uncalled disciple:

Matthew 8:19–22 (AV)
19 And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Jesus didn't call the scribe. Another was immediately called afterward.  With the scribe he gave a back handed answer. You want to follow me? So what?

If so, Judas was a tag along... and as a scribe he had easy access to the leaders who opposed Jesus.

Another passage says "Have I not chosen you the 12?" This may be more a reference to what the disciples were called "the twelve."

IMHO the true 12th disciple was the rich young ruler (Saul of Tarsus) who had to lose it all before heeding the Lords irrevocable calling (Romans 11:29).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, pinacled said:

If you are addressing me again.

Yes, the Lord Yeshua was very clear on the subject in yochonan 17.

As for variables and exponentials. The math is inescapable in the Torah.

I was. Addressing you. Sorry, Pinacled. I'll try to be more specific in the future.

Good point. Also "One of you is ha satan..." John 6:70. 

Your reference is to:

John 17:12 (AV)
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

And the only other use of the term "son of perdition" is:

2 Thessalonians 2:3–4 (AV)
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

• Brilliant! 1

7 hours ago, JohnD said:

Romans 2:28–29 (AV)
28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

True, spiritual Jew, 

7 hours ago, JohnD said:Romans 2:28–29 (AV)

True, one must not think himself as replacing the Jew in God’s heart just because he speaks the language and keeps the feasts if Israel. The greatest current thinking is to replace the Jews. There can be no replacing those He chose to be His, as opposed to the Christians who are spiritual Israel. Replacement theology is becoming a very strong ideology in the church today. God will never do that to Natural Israel. The above to me speaks more about replacement theology, something to be avoided....obviously nothing is new under the sun.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:09 AM, JTC said:

As far as I know, most Jews are without Jesus. When a Jew realizes who Jesus is he ceases to be a Jew. He may still go to his temple and observe the Jewish holidays but he's actually a Christian. Assuming he also accepted Jesus as the Lord.

So Jews without Jesus, do you think because they are Jews and have been taught or brain washed that Jesus was not the messiah will get another chance after death to escape hell? 

I find it rather ??? That people from the United States of America who accepted Jesus no longer were American. Not even Christian Americans! No citizenship to the USA, no license no passport no recognition as being American...wow.