• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Uriah

Hi lighting and capitalization's by my pen for clarity

"You shall not finish going through the cities of Israel, UNTIL THE SON OF MAN COMES." (Matt. 10:23) 

A previous poster made this statement about that verse "The evidence would be that the meaning of His return in their lifetime is remained unfulfilled"

My response Not so according to a candid Tribulationist I had an interchanged with in the thread. 

In a previous post, IMHO are references to provide the evidence needed to prove a first century literal return, note number 7

1. "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." (Matt. 3:2)

2. "Who warned you to flee from the wrath about to come?" (Matt. 3:7)

3. "The axe is already laid at the root of the trees." (Matt. 3:10)

4. "His winnowing fork is in His hand." (Matt. 3:12)

5. "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matt. 4:17)

6. "The kingdom of heaven is at hand." (Matt. 10:7)

7. "You shall not finish going through the cities of Israel, UNTIL THE SON OF MAN COMES." (Matt. 10:23)

The candid tribulationist responded

"All these had to do with His first coming, that is true...........but will be fulfilled again with His second coming

First it was to Israel (ensample to the church), second time to the church.  The harvest in the end of the age.....first a separation of sheep and goats and a separation of wheat and tares took place in the first century at the end of the age of the Jews....AND this will all be fulfilled a second time in the end of the age of the Gentiles.  FIRST THE NATURAL, THEN THE SPIRITUAL.  First the earnest of the Spirit, then the fullness.  The gospel to the Jew first, then the Gentile.  There is nothing new under the sun, and what has been will be again.  That seems to wrap it up quite neatly, thanks be to God."

Obviously this seems like the partial preterist view which the poster doesn't want to be labeled, and I respect that.  

Any thought's

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

23 hours ago, Uriah said:

Thanks Z,

Especially in Hebrews, the writer talks of Abraham looking for a city  etc. There is no O.T. reference for this. So some scholarly articles think it is a juxtaposition, contrasting the story of the city of Babylon that God disrupted and scattered the people. This is a very major point in history and one that likely WAS being pondered by those of Abraham's time and locale.

Shabbat shalom, Uriah.

Actually, there IS an OT reference for Avraham looking for a city who architect and builder is God! It's just because you're not a speaker of Hebrew to identify it!

The verses are found in Genesis 15:

Genesis 15:1-21 (KJV)

1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,

"Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward."

2 And Abram said,

"Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?"

3 And Abram said,

"Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir."

4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,

"This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir."

5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said,

"Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be."

6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. 7 And he said unto him,

"I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it."

8 And he said,

"Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?"

9 And he said unto him,

"Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon."

10 And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one against another: but the birds divided he not. 11 And when the fowls came down upon the carcases, Abram drove them away.

12 And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him. 13 And he said unto Abram,

"Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; 14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance. 15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age. 16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full."

17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

18 In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying,

"Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

19 The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, 20 And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, 21 And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites."

The answer is seen in verses 2 and 8 of this chapter. This is the FIRST TIME that the word "Adonay" is used in the Bible, and it is AVRAHAM ("ABRAHAM") who gives God the title!

Strong's gives us this information:

136 Adonay (ad-o-noy'). Am emphatic form of 'aadown; the Lord (used as a proper name of God only) -- (my) Lord.

113 aadown (aw-done'). Or (shortened) aadon {aw-done'}; from an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, i.e. Controller (human or divine) -- lord, master, owner. Compare also names beginning with "Adoni-".

In Hebrew, the attachment of a yod (-iy) at the end of a word is a first-person singular possessive suffix: "my." The "emphasis" is in the vowel pointing of the patach (_) adding the "ah" sound in between, giving the sounds "ah-dow-nah'-ee."

There's another word that is not connected very well through Strong's Dictionary of the Hebrew and Chaldee Languages.

134 eden (eh-den'). From the same as 'aadown (in the sense of strength); a basis (of a building, a column, etc.) -- foundation, socket.

"Eden" (not the name of the Garden's location) is connected back to "aadown," but "aadown" doesn't connect to "eden" very well in Strong's. 

Therefore, what makes this Person "Sovereign" or a "Controller" is the fact that He is a "foundation-layer" or "one who lays a foundation (particularly to a city)."

So, it is when Avraham calls YHWH, "Adonay," that he calls God "my city-foundation-Layer." And, sandwiched between verses 2 and 8 is verse 6 where it is said that Avraham trusted God and God counted that trust to him as "righteousness." Then, in verse 7, God said, "I am the LORD that brought thee out of Ur of the Chaldees, to give thee this land to inherit it." And, the last people mentioned in verse 21 were the "Jebusites," and their fortress on Mount Zion was taken by David the King who named the area "the city of David," a major section of Jerusalem.

Edited by Retrobyter
wrong "your"

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Pardon me for butting in, preterist say everything in the Bible has already been fulfilled, what was the mark of the beast?

Certainly glad you did - I just searched and searched and searched and found this and next post (not vetted; not verified) this >

"God wants to seal his name, his character, his Law in us (Isaiah 8:16). God's character is God�s Law, and is described in the Word of God. God's Law will be written in our hearts and minds (foreheads), Hebrews 10:16, Ezekiel 11:19; 36:26.

Characteristic God Is The Law Is
Good Luke 18:19 1 Timothy 1:18
Holy Isaiah 5:16 Romans 7:12
Perfect Matthew 5:48 Psalm 19:7
Pure 1 John 3:2,3 Psalm 19:8
Just Deuteronomy 32:4 Romans 7:12
True John 3:33 Psalm 19:9
Spiritual 1 Corinthians 10:4 Romans 7:14
Righteousness Jeremiah 23:6 Psalm 119:172
Faithful 1 Corinthians 1:9 Psalm 119:86
Love 1 John 4:8 Romans 13:10
Unchangeable James 1:17 Matthew 5:18
Eternal Genesis 21:33 Psalm 111:7,8"

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, ENOCH2010 said:

Pardon me for butting in, preterist say everything in the Bible has already been fulfilled, what was the mark of the beast?

continued from last post (last post showed the "mark of God":

"The Beast is Man's Government

"The Beast wants to put his character in us as well. The Mark of The Beast, like all scripture, is given so that we may understand God and how to serve Him better. The Mark of The Beast teaches us that the Lord demands uncompromising obedience and unswerving dedication. The Beast represents the archetype of the tyrannical state, which is opposed to God's Word and God's Law.

In scripture, the Beast is defined as kings (Daniel 7:17, Revelation 17:10-12), and man-made kingdoms (Daniel 7:18,23, Revelation 16:10) that have power to make war and kill (Revelation 11:7; 17:14). The Beast is the government, with rulers and armies, that are against God and his servants (Revelation 19:19). Jesus said, "He that is not with me is against me" (Matthew 12:30, Luke 11:23). So rulers that enforce laws contrary to God's Law, are the Beast."

Followers of the Beast receive his mark of ownership; submission to ungodly, anti-Christian law. "

footnote; remember I just found this - it is so far unvetted/  unproven/  untested / unverified......

p.s. >

"

The Christians of the first century were under the military authority of Rome, a nation which openly proclaimed its rulers, the Caesars, to be divine. All those under the jurisdiction of Rome were required by law to publicly proclaim their allegiance to Caesar by burning a pinch of incense and declaring, "Caesar is Lord". Upon compliance with this law,

the people were given a papyrus document called a "libellus", which they were required to present when either stopped by the Roman police or attempting to engage in commerce in the Roman marketplace, increasing the difficulty of "buying or selling" without this mark. This is the essence of Scripture's warnings to the early Christians against taking upon themselves the "mark of the beast". "

Edited by simplejeff

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

9 hours ago, Larry H said:

Hi Uriah

Hi lighting and capitalization's by my pen for clarity

"You shall not finish going through the cities of Israel, UNTIL THE SON OF MAN COMES." (Matt. 10:23) 

A previous poster made this statement about that verse "The evidence would be that the meaning of His return in their lifetime is remained unfulfilled"

My response Not so according to a candid Tribulationist I had an interchanged with in the thread. 

In a previous post, IMHO are references to provide the evidence needed to prove a first century literal return, note number 7

7. "You shall not finish going through the cities of Israel, UNTIL THE SON OF MAN COMES." (Matt. 10:23)

"All these had to do with His first coming, that is true...........but will be fulfilled again with His second coming

First it was to Israel (ensample to the church), second time to the church.  The harvest in the end of the age.....first a separation of sheep and goats and a separation of wheat and tares took place in the first century at the end of the age of the Jews....AND this will all be fulfilled a second time in the end of the age of the Gentiles.  FIRST THE NATURAL, THEN THE SPIRITUAL.  First the earnest of the Spirit, then the fullness.  The gospel to the Jew first, then the Gentile.  There is nothing new under the sun, and what has been will be again.  That seems to wrap it up quite neatly, thanks be to God."

Obviously this seems like the partial preterist view which the poster doesn't want to be labeled, and I respect that.  

Any thought's

Hello again Larry,

A few thoughts:

Some more "at hand/ near" verses cannot be left out...

1. Luke 10:9- And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.

2. Luke 11:20- But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

3. Luke 19:11- And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

4. Luke 21:31- So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

So the Kingdom of God was near, and was upon them, and would still coming ...after some cataclysmic events, which have not happened yet. And again, a partial preterist is a partial futurist.

• Group:  Junior Member

12 hours ago, ENOCH2010 said:

If I was wearing sandals in first century Asia Rev.1:4,11 Revelation would be irrelevant if not understanding the emblematic expressions. Since I could not be blessed by the words of John. Rev. 1:3

The same could be said of the mark of the beast on the forehead and hand of Nero, the beast of Revelation who ruled the Roman Empire. Historical Research will tell why that monster was called a beast.

be continued

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

Larry,

In the above post, you passed by Rev. 1:7- Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Your view of this verse?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,586
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

12 hours ago, Larry H said:

Hi Uriah

Highlighting and capitalization's by my pen for clarity

Any thoughts?

Shabbat shalom, Larry.

Wow. This needs some SERIOUS ATTENTION!

First, you should know that "at hand" doesn't mean "IN hand!" It just means that it is "within one's grasp!" It is not already in one's hand!

Second, the churches do NOT substitute for Israel, at all! Thus, the "Kingdom" is NOT about the "Church," or rather, the churches. Abolutely NO "Replacement Theology" is acceptable in ANY form! 

Third, at NO time are prophecies RE-USED! It would be like re-using a Kleenex! Once a prophecy is fulfilled, it is DONE! OVER! Never to be "fulfilled" again! What does "fulfill" mean if not to "fill it to the full?"

Now, let's go through these "7 notes":

Matthew 3:1-12 (KJV)

1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, 2 And saying,

"Repent ye (Turn yourself around 180 degrees): for the kingdom of heaven (from the sky) is at hand."

Note 1: This is the herald of the Messiah Yeshua`, called Yochanan the Immerser, who was instructing the children of Israel, particularly the children in the tribe (family) of Yhudah ("Judah," back when the English "j" was a "y" sound), the Yhudiym (the "Jews"), to turn completely away from their sins and to accept the Messiah of God, the Anointed One of God who was to be their King. This offer of the Kingdom was only as long as the Messiah had not yet been rejected and crucified. The Kingdom was within their grasp, inches away from their fingertips! However, they had to accept their King before they could have the Kingdom! This was an offer made STRICTLY to ONLY the children of Israel! "NO GENTILES ALLOWED" at this time (not counting proselytes)!

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias (Isaiah), saying,

"The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight." (Isaiah 40:3)

4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey. 5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, 6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

{Here's the quotation in context:

Isaiah 40:1-5 (KJV)

1 "Comfort ye, comfort ye my people," saith your God.

2 "Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins."

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness,

"Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: 5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.}

Continuing on...

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them,

"O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: 9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. 

Note 2: Here, Yochanan was talking to the P'rushiym and Ts'duqiym ("Separatists" and "Righteous ones") who were hypocritical leaders of Israel. They just wanted to be SEEN baptized, not actually to repent of anything! They had convinced themselves they were doing nothing wrong!

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Note 3: Again, Yochanan was talking to these same P'rushiym and Ts'duqiym, and telling them that the axe was already aimed at where it would chop when the axe was swung! He was saying that THEY were these fruitless trees!

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you (plural) with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 12 Whose fan (winnowing fork) is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Note 4: Still talking to these P'rushiym and Ts'duqiym, Yochanan was telling them that the coming Messiah (Yeshua`) would eventually immerse them in the Ruwach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) and in fire. Since this "you" is plural, it would be more like us saying "He shall baptize each one of you either with the Holy Spirit, OR with fire!" And, Yeshua` has already picked up His winnowing fork. In Yeshua`s time, the farmers would have a threshing floor - a place where the grain straight from the field was put. The winnowing fork was a tool by which the farmer would thrash the grain, breaking off the inedible husks leaving the bare, edible grain. Then, the farmer would take the same tool and scoop up the grain and husks and throw them high enough for the wind to take the husks away from the heavier grain. By doing this over and over, he was left with a pile of bare grain and the husks were scattered elsewhere around the floor. After scooping up the valuable grain and depositing it in his storage bin (garner), he would then torch the remaining husks and burn off his threshing floor.

Yochanan, believing that the Kingdom would be brought on soon, he also believed that Yeshua` would be "torching" these P'rushiym and Ts'duqiym as so much chaff from these husks, and was so warning them.

(More later...)

• Group:  Junior Member

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, Larry.

Wow. This needs some SERIOUS ATTENTION!

First, you should know that "at hand" doesn't mean "IN hand!" It just means that it is "within one's grasp!" It is not already in one's hand!

Second, the churches do NOT substitute for Israel, at all! Thus, the "Kingdom" is NOT about the "Church," or rather, the churches. Abolutely NO "Replacement Theology" is acceptable in ANY form! 

Third, at NO time are prophecies RE-USED! It would be like re-using a Kleenex! Once a prophecy is fulfilled, it is DONE! OVER! Never to be "fulfilled" again! What does "fulfill" mean if not to "fill it to the full?"

Now, let's go through these "7 notes":

Matthew 3:1-12 (KJV)

1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, 2 And saying,

"Repent ye (Turn yourself around 180 degrees): for the kingdom of heaven (from the sky) is at hand."

Note 1: This is the herald of the Messiah Yeshua`, called Yochanan the Immerser, who was instructing the children of Israel, particularly the children in the tribe (family) of Yhudah ("Judah," back when the English "j" was a "y" sound), the Yhudiym (the "Jews"), to turn completely away from their sins and to accept the Messiah of God, the Anointed One of God who was to be their King. This offer of the Kingdom was only as long as the Messiah had not yet been rejected and crucified. The Kingdom was within their grasp, inches away from their fingertips! However, they had to accept their King before they could have the Kingdom! This was an offer made STRICTLY to ONLY the children of Israel! "NO GENTILES ALLOWED" at this time (not counting proselytes)!

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias (Isaiah), saying,

"The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight." (Isaiah 40:3)

4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey. 5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, 6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

{Here's the quotation in context:

Isaiah 40:1-5 (KJV)

1 "Comfort ye, comfort ye my people," saith your God.

2 "Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins."

3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness,

"Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God."

4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: 5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.}

Continuing on...

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them,

"O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: 9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. 

Note 2: Here, Yochanan was talking to the P'rushiym and Ts'duqiym ("Separatists" and "Righteous ones") who were hypocritical leaders of Israel. They just wanted to be SEEN baptized, not actually to repent of anything! They had convinced themselves they were doing nothing wrong!

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Note 3: Again, Yochanan was talking to these same P'rushiym and Ts'duqiym, and telling them that the axe was already aimed at where it would chop when the axe was swung! He was saying that THEY were these fruitless trees!

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you (plural) with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 12 Whose fan (winnowing fork) is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

Note 4: Still talking to these P'rushiym and Ts'duqiym, Yochanan was telling them that the coming Messiah (Yeshua`) would eventually immerse them in the Ruwach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) and in fire. Since this "you" is plural, it would be more like us saying "He shall baptize each one of you either with the Holy Spirit, OR with fire!" And, Yeshua` has already picked up His winnowing fork. In Yeshua`s time, the farmers would have a threshing floor - a place where the grain straight from the field was put. The winnowing fork was a tool by which the farmer would thrash the grain, breaking off the inedible husks leaving the bare, edible grain. Then, the farmer would take the same tool and scoop up the grain and husks and throw them high enough for the wind to take the husks away from the heavier grain. By doing this over and over, he was left with a pile of bare grain and the husks were scattered elsewhere around the floor. After scooping up the valuable grain and depositing it in his storage bin (garner), he would then torch the remaining husks and burn off his threshing floor.

Yochanan, believing that the Kingdom would be brought on soon, he also believed that Yeshua` would be "torching" these P'rushiym and Ts'duqiym as so much chaff from these husks, and was so warning them.

(More later...)

Hi Shabbat

First, you should know that "at hand" doesn't mean "IN hand!" It just means that it is "within one's grasp!" It is not already in one's hand!

I know ...... when did I suggest an "in hand" scenario, instead of a done deal in the first century after the letter was penned. Your quoting the wrong guy. Perhaps you should reread and rethink my previous post

Matthew 3:2 and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of HEAVEN IS NEAR."

Matthew 3:2 and saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of HEAVEN IS AT HAND!"

Matthew 3: Repent, for the kingdom of HEAVEN IS AT HAND."

Second, the churches do NOT substitute for Israel, at all! Thus, the "Kingdom" is NOT about the "Church," or rather, the churches. Abolutely NO "Replacement Theology" is acceptable in ANY form! 

Your quoting the wrong guy again, I agree "Absolutely NO "Replacement Theology" is acceptable in ANY form!" 

Third, at NO time are prophecies RE-USED! It would be like re-using a Kleenex! Once a prophecy is fulfilled, it is DONEOVERNever to be "fulfilled" again! What does "fulfill" mean if not to "fill it to the full?

Here we go again, I agree no double fulfillment. I only granted the time indicator verses were fulfilled in the first century

The seven notes are kind of long winded, let take this a little at a time.

Let us continue as you said. 

Edited by Larry H