leah777

Baptized in the Holy Spirit?

4 hours ago, leah777 said:

yes, like fire which does not hurt pouring over my head and down to my feet. Invisible fire just after my water baptism years ago.

but no visible tongues of fire around me. Maybe other gifts, but no tongues speaking either for me. I started this thread because someone said it is only true baptism if I  do tongues. I am questioning that statement. I know dedicated Christians who have other gifts, but no speaking in tongues.

I wanted to know if having to speak in tongues or you are a lesser or not a real Christian was true, like someone said on here. Looking at scripture, I dont think they are right.

Some people are going to tell you if you dont speak in tongues you are not baptized in The Holy Spirit and that tongues is evidence of getting a dose of The Ghost.  Personally because of this scripture(down a bit) I do not think every single person does/will speak in tongues.  But no one christian is lesser than another due to what gifts they have or do not have.  We each have a part of Christ, we are each apart of the same body and different parts of the body do different things and have different functions and the hand cannot say to the foot i dont need you.  anyway, here is the scripture that makes me question everyone baptized in The Holy Spirit will speak in tongues:

1Co 12:28  And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:29  Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30  Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31  But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Baptism by water is not the same baptism.  Every one has a different story about their baptism.  Some are similar, some are radically different.  I have given up trying to figure out if someone is Spirit filled by what they say on an internet forum.  I just encourage people to find a church with the Holy Spirit there, and truth found in scripture preached there, and have elders lay hands on you... but I also encourage not to let just anyone lay hands on you because unclean spirits copy God and you do not want a false counterfeit Holy Spirit getting in you.  some churches out there have such spirits these days.  do not let just anyone lay hands on you, or even just pray for you.  Test the spirits and know for certain its of God.  

• Loved it! 1

59 minutes ago, Wade8888 said:

but you cannot buy the Holy Spirit

why do you keep saying this to me, and mentioning Simon? I have NEVER suggested trying to buy the Holy Spirit. I hope you have misunderstood em, or I have misunderstood your words. I am not looking to buy something, or try to get something that is not freely given by God, and am a bit shocked at the idea.

26 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Some people are going to tell you if you dont speak in tongues you are not baptized in The Holy Spirit and that tongues is evidence of getting a dose of The Ghost.  Personally because of this scripture(down a bit) I do not think every single person does/will speak in tongues.  But no one christian is lesser than another due to what gifts they have or do not have.  We each have a part of Christ, we are each apart of the same body and different parts of the body do different things and have different functions and the hand cannot say to the foot i dont need you.  anyway, here is the scripture that makes me question everyone baptized in The Holy Spirit will speak in tongues:

1Co 12:28  And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
1Co 12:29  Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
1Co 12:30  Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
1Co 12:31  But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Baptism by water is not the same baptism.  Every one has a different story about their baptism.  Some are similar, some are radically different.  I have given up trying to figure out if someone is Spirit filled by what they say on an internet forum.  I just encourage people to find a church with the Holy Spirit there, and truth found in scripture preached there, and have elders lay hands on you... but I also encourage not to let just anyone lay hands on you because unclean spirits copy God and you do not want a false counterfeit Holy Spirit getting in you.  some churches out there have such spirits these days.  do not let just anyone lay hands on you, or even just pray for you.  Test the spirits and know for certain its of God.  

Bless you and Thank you.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, leah777 said:

why do you keep saying this to me, and mentioning Simon? I have NEVER suggested trying to buy the Holy Spirit. I hope you have misunderstood em, or I have misunderstood your words. I am not looking to buy something, or try to get something that is not freely given by God, and am a bit shocked at the idea.

Maybe because there are a lot of pastors of different intentions who write books and make teaching CDs on the subject, and then sell them for money.