• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

39 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The ancient Jews did not think of faith as something to "apply".  They did not try to box in faith with a definition, nor should they have,  nor should we today.

When Yahweh spoke,  through the prophets,  they either listened and obeyed or they rebelled ....

Today, if you hear Jesus' Voice,  follow Him and do not rebel like they did in the wilderness and perished.  That's pretty much it , isn't it?   To live,  or not to live,  that is the question.

Oh,  and as for receiving anything from the Father in heaven - as written:  no man can receive anything (nor understand anything),  unless it is granted from the Father in heaven.  

Sheer grace,  unearned,  unmerited,  as written.

For who our faith is in ,  we trust , love follow and obey .      That is where our faith is .  IF one truly sees Christ for who HE TRULY IS ,   if they truly have faith

in who HE claimed to be ,  they would follow and obey HIM .    But many have faith in men , for they trust and follow and obey contrary images of Christ

which is no Christ , its the work and works of men .

Who our faith is in , is clearly seen n what we do .   If any be a hearer yet not a doer , then their faith is not IN CHRIST .   Its in whoever teaches them whatever version

suits their own carnal desires .     Facts are facts .  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

The ancient Jews did not think of faith as something to "apply".  They did not try to box in faith with a definition, nor should they have,  nor should we today.

When Yahweh spoke,  through the prophets,  they either listened and obeyed or they rebelled ....

Today, if you hear Jesus' Voice,  follow Him and do not rebel like they did in the wilderness and perished.  That's pretty much it , isn't it?   To live,  or not to live,  that is the question.

Oh,  and as for receiving anything from the Father in heaven - as written:  no man can receive anything (nor understand anything),  unless it is granted from the Father in heaven.  

Sheer grace,  unearned,  unmerited,  as written.

Spiritual things can't be put in a box. But when we attempt to define such spiritual things such as " Faith and faithing" , because of our limited frame of reference, they do tend to fall into a box like representation.

Maybe if the " ancient Jews" would have looked at what Faith and faithing looked like in more depth, they wouldn't have been told by the Father," you will never enter my rest ".

Todays " christian " will ultimately be told the same thing , if they don't wake up!.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jostler said:

well fill me in :)

Give me a reason to! Ask the right question!

I've been casting my pearls in front of swine for 30 years. And what Christ warns us of has happened over and over. My pearls are trampled, and then I'm trampled. 

I'm just not doing that anymore. So your going to have to get my attention somehow !

You made a good observation about Faith, when I said you have no idea, that was me agreeing with your post. Maybe we should just leave it there?

If you can't leave it there, show me your at least a swine that doesn't want to be in the wallow anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Heres a question......ever hear of a guy named Gene Scott? He had a good definition for the word “ faith”. He claimed that “ Faith is an action, based on a belief,sustained by confidence”. Does that ring a bell, Faither? I think Scott was onto something......I listened to him for many years....I hope you don’t consider me a “ swine”.... oink , oink .......lol

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

39 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

Give me a reason to! Ask the right question!

I've been casting my pearls in front of swine for 30 years. And what Christ warns us of has happened over and over. My pearls are trampled, and then I'm trampled. 

I'm just not doing that anymore. So your going to have to get my attention somehow !

You made a good observation about Faith, when I said you have no idea, that was me agreeing with your post. Maybe we should just leave it there?

If you can't leave it there, show me your at least a swine that doesn't want to be in the wallow anymore.

well...how about a teaser?  :)

I was involved with a charismatic/Word of Faith ministry for some time, and He provided a lot of foundation and growth in those years.  BUT....He did have to correct a few things...and misunderstanding of faith ...misapplication of it's principles and meaning was one of those things that needed correction.  The single man I'd identify as most influential in my development was the Pastor of that ministry....and a true man of God.  But no earthly father is perfectly spiritual, including those that He  appoints as spiritual fathers in significant ways.

I discovered faith is not what 90% of the Body in the west believes it is, and I see the misunderstandings all over the place since having  been corrected myself.

But this is your thread....so drive on bro :)

Edited by Jostler

3 minutes ago, Jostler said:

well...how about a teaser?  :)

I was involved with a charismatic/Word of Faith ministry for some time, and He provided a lot of foundation and growth in those years.  BUT....He did have to correct a few things...and misunderstanding of faith ...misapplication of it's principles and meaning was one of those things that needed correction.  The single man I'd identify as most influential in my development was the Pastor of that ministry....and a true man of God.  But no earthly father is spiritual, including those that He  appoints as spiritual fathers in significant ways.

I discovered faith is not what 90% of the Body in the west believes it is, and I see the misunderstandings all over the place since having  been corrected myself.

But this is your thread....so drive on bro :)

You've got my attention.  I too also had one teacher in my path that played a part in a correct understanding of Faith and faithing. But the real teaching really comes from having the real born again experience. 

Would you be willing to share your understanding of Faith and faithing from the very start of the Salvation journey? Your words ? What is Faith and faithing, and how is it applied to recieve the Spirit of Christ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

Dear Faither2, I don't know where you got the idea that "faithing" is a word, it isn't! just saying, blessings.

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Heres a question......ever hear of a guy named Gene Scott? He had a good definition for the word “ faith”. He claimed that “ Faith is an action, based on a belief,sustained by confidence”. Does that ring a bell, Faither? I think Scott was onto something......I listened to him for many years....I hope you don’t consider me a “ swine”.... oink , oink .......lol

Swine are a people who are a proven breed.

Did you apply what you learned from Dr. Scott? What was the result?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, faither 2 said:

Swine are a people who are a proven breed.

Did you apply what you learned from Dr. Scott? What was the result?

Yes....I applied it......results were very favorable......

2 hours ago, Heybro said:

Dear Faither2, I don't know where you got the idea that "faithing" is a word, it isn't! just saying, blessings.

Faithing is a word in the Greek texts. It's not in the English texts. 

Translation, the most important word ( for those who have been called out to follow Christ)  in the ancient Greek texts , could not be translated into the English language. 

• Thanks 1