What angers me most

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Sadly, I’ve discovered the wisdom of this old Spanish Proverb.......  “Anything that begins in anger, ends in shame”

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

10 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Sadly, I’ve discovered the wisdom of this old Spanish Proverb.......  “Anything that begins in anger, ends in shame”

Is that even a true proverb?   Is it right always ?

If it is true,  then why be sad learning the (presumed) wisdom of the proverb ? 

If it is not true,  then be sad because it is opposed to God's Word.

As long as we asking questions......who chose your nickname? Here’s another saying that will go straight over your head—- Sin Boldly! Luther came up with that one.Do you have even the slightest idea what he was trying to say?

15 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Melinda,

I understand your frustration and righteous indignation on this matter.  I'm with you on this.

I believe those who abuse the name of our God and Saviour and claim miracles in His name falsely are those who have committed the unforgivable sin, blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  That sin has often been clouded with confusion and mystery, but I think it becomes clear when you read of Yahweh's response in Jeremiah 23:9-40 on this matter. I highly recommend reading that passage with this in mind.

For me, I stay clear of any ministry that is named after a preacher. I think such a naming convention is appalling - I don't care for their marketing challenges.  Using scriptures here and there in front of an open Bible is no seal-of-approval either - for even Satan knows and uses scriptures in temptations.

However, that said, and to answer your question, my advice to you is this...

When I was first a Christian, I did used to listen to such broadcasts.  Though, I would judge myself incorrectly for not having enough faith to "call prosperity" to me, I soon learned that the teaching wasn't good or edifying (or even varied!) and moved on.  Even if such "evangelists" may have ulterior motives, they are still conscious enough to know that they have to preach the gospel fairly accurately to avoid repercussions. So, young Christians and non-believers alike have access to the good news and an introduction to the Word.  

With this in mind, consider the following scriptures: Luke 9:49-50 and Philippians 1:15-18.

So rejoice because Jesus' name is proclaimed on TV and in bookshops because of them!  The good news is easily accessible.

Now, those believers who are called for His purpose will see the deceptions as they mature in their faith under the Word.  Those believers who are self-seeking will become mature in their faith under their tutelage.  So consider that such wolves among sheep may even be necessary to test the believer's true heart.  And your one sounds like it is in the right place! Praise Yahweh. 

Try to be at peace sister.  Turn your anger into pity or fear for them because of the coming Day of Judgment.  Not in a condescending way, but with genuine concern for their eternity.  If you find that too hard, then try to remove yourself from where their influences are felt or seen.  But remember, do not spread bad words about them, speak ill of their ministry or their teachings.  Simply do not show approval politely if asked and teach others what you know of the Word - without being disparaging to them.  You don't want such teachers to become a stumbling block for you as your anger overflows!

I'm sure you haven't done any of the above but I write it as a reminder, encouragement and for others also.

One day things be much better!

Love & Shalom

You speak much wisdom brother. Thank you

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Here’s another saying that will go straight over your head—- Sin Boldly! Luther came up with that one.Do you have even the slightest idea what he was trying to say?

Of course.  We see it in your posts every day, but unbalanced, without the rest of living by faith trusting God and Jesus and the Bible by faith ....

.    We've also been posting all along the need for repentance and for being a DOer of the Word, not just a HEARer, which apparently you say is not needed ,

but as Yahweh Says it is required for life and for forgiveness, as Yahweh always says,  through Jesus and through all Scripture,

and as Luther ,  one of your teachers,  practiced also, which hopefully you can learn from Luther as well as from Scripture , Jesus,  and Yahweh.

• Praise God! 1
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

I am all for repenting .......just not REPENTING of SINS for Salvation,seeing how it is not in the KJV. You will never meet anybody who is as vehement as myself when it comes to repentance for Salvation.It is a MUST.The problem is that people refuse to understand what it means.To repent , as far as Salvation is concerned means to have a once in a lifetime change of mind as to who YOU are ( a lost sinner) and as to who HE is ( your only hope of Salvation, made possible by His Shed Blood and your faith in that ALONE)

Of course we are to be “ Doers” of the Word. What must we “DO” to be saved? You already know the answer to that one— BELIEVE in the Lord, Jesus Christ.We need to DO what He said to do, which is to believe Paul’s Gospel thAt Jesus personally gave to Paul to reveal to us.It is the Power of God to save us and it is this Gospel thAt all will be judged by.There is a multitude of things “ to do” after Salvation for a good life on Earth and in regard to building up rewards in the Afterlife.All I ever claim is “ Nothing But The Blood” for Salvation.There is no “ doing” to be saved or stay saved.Simply believe and receive a free gift .BELIEVE Jesus died for your sins and that He rose from the dead after three days and you are in the Body of Christ .Untouchable.Forever.You have God’s Word on that.  “ Sealed to the day of Redemption”.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 2/27/2019 at 2:14 AM, Melinda12 said:

Is the glory seekers. Those folk who seek attention as if they are so special. That they have a kind of hotline to God. I see them clearly now. People in church who strut around holier than thou, regarding their duties as readers or sidespersons as making them special. The people who certainly do good works but ensure everyone knows! The TV evangelists who go on and on about themselves. I cannot stand it!  Surely Jesus warned against exactly this. Never let your right hand know what your left one does in terms of good works. Pray in private, not like those who stand on street corners so all can witness their fervent praying. 

The trouble is i get so enraged inside. How can i calm down?  Tell me how to pray to overcome my anger. I never want to be like those people. 

I do what i can to bring souls towards Jesus. I am happy doing it privately. I do not need praise from anyone. I do good little tasks for people but choose to be quiet about it. It is my duty and privilege. Jesus has transformed my wretched life to such a good one. I have all i need and such hope and comfort -  I want to spread this beautiful message, that nobody needs to be without our Lord. No need to be alone. He is risen, real and here. It is in our conduct, our daily actions that we show others He lives in us. But we must not seek glory for ourselves. Humility is vital. I remind myself daily that i am a worthless wretched weak sinner. My strength comes from God alone. I am so very grateful. 

But how to cope with this anger i feel towards those who turn God into a circus act and themselves as important? They think God belongs to them only. That they earned Him. 

As a footnote, i find it so sad that such smug people put people off coming into our church. They act so po faced and holier than thou that they must make mere mortals feel unworthy to even step into church. How awful is that? How unacceptable!

Neither did The Lord.... The revelation He has brought us about His plans for eternity as outlined:

1 Cor 2:9-10

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man,

the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

****10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.  KJV

1 Cor 7:29-31

29 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;

30 And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;

31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.
KJV

1 Cor 13:8-10

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
KJV

2 Peter 3:11-14

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
KJV

Rev 21:1-4

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God                                                      himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:
                                                                                                 for the former things are passed away.   KJV

Understanding the outline of God's intent with all things >AND ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH< will ultimately be the motivation of that of a child, born of God, whereby we are suspended into His Will as a little child not knowing anything as we should

1 John 3:2-3

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
KJV

As we know by this why Jesus said this

John 3:3-7

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
KJV

Matt 19:14

14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
KJV

When we give up the idolatry of this place and all that is formed within it- even our own selves that were born of it... we remain here as aliens and the affections that once was normal to place upon this place is now seated upon God's Word so that the things of this life no longer carries a viable keeping but moreover a complete reliance of that which cannot be known now transforming us into little children waiting upon God to place it into the eternity of NO SIN.... anyone not understanding this or rejecting this should have great concern as to why!!!  Love, Steven 

You have heard it said 'In Christ Alone' 

1 John 5:12-21

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

KJV

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/27/2019 at 1:14 AM, Melinda12 said:

But how to cope with this anger i feel towards those who turn God into a circus act and themselves as important? They think God belongs to them only. That they earned Him. 

Let God deal with them.

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4

That's easier said than done, I know, but while we must pray for these people and be willing to speak up when God tells us to, we have to know that God is bigger than we are and has big shoulders. We feel offended, but they are offending God, not us, so let Him deal with it.

I have found that when I try to take on God's responsibilities, my peace leaves.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Of course.  We see it in your posts every day, but unbalanced, without the rest of living by faith trusting God and Jesus and the Bible by faith ....

.    We've also been posting all along the need for repentance and for being a DOer of the Word, not just a HEARer, which apparently you say is not needed ,

but as Yahweh Says it is required for life and for forgiveness, as Yahweh always says,  through Jesus and through all Scripture,

and as Luther ,  one of your teachers,  practiced also, which hopefully you can learn from Luther as well as from Scripture , Jesus,  and Yahweh.

Jesus said GO and sin no more ,    paul said let all who names the name of Christ DEPART from inquity .  In fact let not these things be ONCE named

among you as becometh saints .   James says DO NOT ERR 

Yet luther and blood bought say SIN BODLY .    talk about a total opposite mindset .    That should terrify folks to see just how perveted a version of their grace has become .

I mean TERRIFY folks .   

Grace don't say SIN BODLY .     Good night folks are falling for a ruse big time . 

Those who sin , REBUKE before all so that others MAY FEAR .     Exactly .     Those words should never be used , SIN BODLY for any lesson no matter how they mean it .

1 hour ago, SelahSong said:

BB, would you mind explaining why a Christian would ever sin boldly?  That’s impossible for a true Christian!  Please explain what you’re saying here.  Thx!

Selah:emot-heartbeat:

I would be very happy to explain the underlying Truth beneath this  seemingly outrageous and blasphemous pronouncement Of Luther.If I though for one second he was promoting sin and that alone , I would pay him no heed and pray for his wretched soul.That is not the case.Here is the truth behind Luther’s provocative statement ———

Luther was prone to strong hyperbole. It's his style, and this statement is a perfect example. The first thing to recognize is that the sentence is a statement of comparison. Luther's point is not to go out and commit multiple amounts of gleeful sin everyday, but rather to believe and rejoice in Christ even more boldly despite the sin in our lives. Christians have a real savior. No amount of sin is too much to be atoned for by a perfect savior whose righteousness is imputed to the sinner who reaches out in faith.

I sincerely hope this clears things up.Luther was wrong on many things.However, he rescued the lost message of Grace preached by Paul.He was never a sin- promoting monster that some of his writings made him appear to be.We one him a lot.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953